How does Bay feel about TF now, has it worn him out?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, May 24, 2011.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    So I read a rumor that Bay might do a 4th installment, which makes me a happy camper if true.

But these movies have been far from easy to create, so after all the years with now 3 films, does he lack passion for Tf's?

Wether Bay creates a prequel or a sequel (I prefer a sequeL) it's still a lot of work. I've enjoyed these films so far but if Bay needs time for another film, I think he deserves it, thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I think he should let go of the franchise already.

In b4 "all that money would like a word with you", "that's just your opinion", yadda yadda yadda.

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    He never sayed anything of doing a fourth film that thing was from a interview from MONTHS ago

4. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
  5. casabonita

casabonita Autobot

News Credits:
    It's been a messy trilogy I think everyone should just leave it alone for awhile, no one can do cgi like Bay.

6. Kurrelm

Kurrelm New Member

God forbid.

7. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    it ain't happening

Michael Bay wants to move on and Shia is done doing TF movies

8. Terrorsaur128

Terrorsaur128 UNICRON

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That interview's not from MONTHS ago, its from A month ago lol. I'd love bay to do a TF4 without shia. Focus on their son daniel and hot rod, kup, ultra magnus (86 movie cast essentially) maybe focus more in space or cybertron even if its basicly just a live action remake of the '86 movie. Or if they wanna focus it on the war more. I wouldnt mind him taking his time so long as its not like... 5 years or something though id just be glad for another bayformers movie and awaiting it eagerly.

9. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Only M. Bay knows for sure how he feels and what he will do in the future.

I would image he's ready for a break from making Robot Movies..the last interview I read, he wants to do some smaller features, then who knows?

10. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    This.:cool: 

11. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

This...would be a complete flop at the box office, just like the '86 movie.

I'd be amazed if the series didn't go the way of POTC, with a forth film in a few years time with a new director. The toy line will certinantly continue for a couple of years at least.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it's going to be a bit tough to know what Bay thinks because right now he's in that sell mode that directors get into before their film comes out. Remember how Bay couldn't say enough good things about Revenge of the Fallen only to trash the film later when he needed to sell Dark of the Moon to people who weren't happy with Revenge of the Fallen.

As to worn out. Yes I think he is worn out because he's had to put out a big special effects driven film every two years and I'm sure the suits have been putting out all sort of pressure on him since the 4th of July is considered such a huge release date.

But I think he's being honest when he says he doesn't want to do a fourth film. The guy is rolling in money so it's not like he has to do another Transformers movie to keep his house and car. He's got other projects he's wanted to do but couldn't because of Transformers. Plus he hasn't gotten his reward film like other directors get when they make a big profit for a studio.

A lot of bad fourth films out there so maybe it would be better just let the franchise sit for a while and just start over like Batman or Spiderman. I'm just afraid that shoehorning in another Transformers movie in the Bay style under another director would just end up being something like Superman Returns or The Mummy: Tome of the Dragon Emperor.

13. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I can imagine that he would be burned out. After all, TF has taken up 5 years of his life. If there is a 4th one, it could change the feel of the series. IMO, that's what happened with POTC.

14. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

This. It's hard to imagine this franchise ending up not being milked though.

15. WeX_nFx

WeX_nFx ArtDesign TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I think we will see a new director with new designs that are more identifiable and not so jumbled... So when you see them on screen you can recognize them, even when they start moving...so you know you dont just see pwetty colors and splosions! Honestly nobody here could of predicted that x-men would go back to the 60's. The 80's style movie is not out of the realm of possibility.

16. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    True. We all know money talks.

I think the only way we would see G1 style designs would be in a reboot, and I'm not sure Hasbro would want a major reboot of the film series yet.

17. ChicageauxTiger

ChicageauxTiger Geaux-Bot

News Credits:
    :bay  MORE ROBOTS!! :bay 

18. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 style would look like shit in CGI. Just saying.

19. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    I think Bay started off with the franchise with little to no respect for it, but since has grown to appreciate what it has to offer. it may be just a bit too late to make the impact i think he wanted to make. It's pretty much a no-brainer that Bay will stay on as executive producer from this point forward, helping out with the action spots and whatnot. Whoever takes over after this movie will have Bay to help them out, that's for sure.

I honestly think the TF movies have helped Bay realize that he is to be held more accountable for the finished product more than he has ever been before and that making money isnt only what makes a good director. with his other movies he has pretty much cared less what critics and even movie goers that thought about his work but after ROTF he seems a bit more humble about his craft. it's still a little too early to be sure but from what I've seen and heard, he seems to have tried to become a more well rounded director. if this is as good of a movie that i think it may be, I'm all for him staying for more or at least having a say with future sequels. There's still so much that can be done with this franchise.

and as stated above, i just do not see hasbro wanting to start from scratch again. it's much less expensive and more profitable from a marketing standpoint to reboot cartoons and toys but they've invested a huge amount of money into the movie designs to just start from scratch. we will continue to see the same design team for future sequels. no need for a total reboot.

20. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Bay (like Shia) is ready to move on.

Bay's been doing this for 4-6 years. Some people have no problems telling people 'give me more of the same stuff,' but after awhile, you may get a bit jaded.