How Does Amazon.com work?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoadDoc326, Dec 25, 2009.

1. RoadDoc326

RoadDoc326 Member

Do you have to pay for shipping and handling for each individual item you buy like eBay? Or is it all in one like buying from any retail site?

2. red4

red4 Banned

you press buttenz and stuph gets dun

3. RoadDoc326

RoadDoc326 Member

You did a great job of reading the topic but not the details within. congrats.

4. red4

red4 Banned

I know, I'm only kidding. I did read the details within, but I actually don't know the answer. I've never ordered more than 1 item at a time from Amazon.

5. RoadDoc326

RoadDoc326 Member

Ahh case solved then

6. red4

red4 Banned

But the way I figure, if you purchase items from different sellers, Amazon will combine all the shipping prices. You'll technically have to pay the full amount, but it'll be extracted as 1 large number.

7. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

I do know that if you order from Amazon's partner retailers that you have to pay separate shipping.

One time I did order two books from Amazon, and if I'm not mistaken they did combine shipping. But that's been years ago, so don't quote me on that.

8. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you order from independent sellers, you pay shipping for each item. Hell, if you buy a bunch of items from the same seller, you pay individual shipping from each one. However, if you buy from Amazon itself, if you buy over $25 worth of stuff, you can get free shipping.

9. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Look for where it says "ships from ____". If it says ships from Amazon, then all items shipping from Amazon has 1 shipping price. If it says ships from some retailer other than Amazon then you pay separate shipping for that item. Amazon is kinda of a hybrid of a big online store and ebay partnering/independent seller. If you buy 2 or more items and the items are from different partners, then you get separate shipments (hence separate shipping costs).

10. DinobotNny

DinobotNny Dewbot

It depends who's doing the shipping. Everything that is listed as "sold by Amazon," as well as things sold by other sellers but fulfilled by Amazon ship together (well, sometimes they don't actually ship together if you buy things that ship from different warehouses, but you pay shipping as though they are being shipped together. That includes the free "super saver shipping," which is what I always use).

Usually if you buy multiple items from one seller, I think that they will combine shipping (I don't think I've ever bought more than one thing from one seller there, aside from Amazon itself, though), but I have seen sellers on Amazon who don't offer combined shipping and make you pay the full shipping price for every item.

11. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    not sure about Amazon.com,but i have ordered multiple stuff from the same seller on Amazon.co.uk and i didnt have to pay individual shipping on each they just increased shipping slightly the more you add.Hope it helps.

12. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

The shipping is determined for each individual item and then totaled together when you checkout. Items from Amazon and from select vendors are eligible for free shipping on total purchases over $25. (These items will state on the product description page that they are "Eligible for Free Shipping.") The free shipping is for regular mail delivery only. Express delivery is available at an extra charge and you'll be able to see the shipping costs and options on the checkout screen. Individual shipping costs will need to be paid on all products not eligible for free shipping. (Most of the items are eligible you'll find.)

You will be able to cancel and add/subtract from your order at anytime before your enter your payment information so you can try it out if you wish. Just log onto Amazon and throw a bunch of things into your cart and click on the checkout button to see the total charge including shipping.