How does a transformer look in ALT mode?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bluebe6, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    This has probably been asked before. If it has, well, I'm asking again. :sly2: 

What does a transformers look like in ALT mode?
    Is it like a robot folded together, and the outer "shell" is the vehicle?
    Or do parts actually from the vehicle itself?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Most cases have described it as flexing a muscle. So crouching or crawling for us would be transforming for them. From what we've seen in the Bayverse, parts shift and reconfigure to such a degree that visually, the car is indistinguishable from a normal car, but that's likely more of a "shell" or skin than anything else, and the inner workings hide the robot parts and whatever other pieces (such as stealth force weapons).

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  3. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    I think all the robot like bits are mostly in the front hood, inside the dashboard and underneath the car. The armor pieces are the shell of the vehicle. We shouldn't think about it too much. The third movie cheated alot. Laserbeak and Brains

4. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Thinking back to the first film, Recall the scene in which Mikeala is trying to assist Sam with starting his car. She lifts the hood to see a nice block under a crappy hood.

I would presume that the robot parts are also transformed, as their Cybertanium frames have been described as being like liquid metal, with each molecule being a microscopic machine unto itself.

5. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Just chillin'

this...is...actually a really interesting topic to think about. but uh they got tons of peices all switching around, no tellin' how they look. i'm thinking the inside and ouside of the car covers up all their cybertronion parts. i guess the only real way to know would be if you were one yourself.

6. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

You can't think about it too much, tho.

I mean, these aliens they don't just "disguise" as cars, they "become" cars with all the same parts and everything.

If you start thinking about it too deep, then it makes no sense how the hell they never run out of ammo.

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

The ammo thing is explained in the extant fiction. The ammo is likened to toenails, fingernails, and hair, on humans. All the stuff that falls out or gets cut. It eventually grows back. Transformers make ammo from metal they most likely have consumed. They "eat" metal to create ammo.

As for their disguises, they ARE the vehicle when they transform. They are just extremely DENSE in vehicle mode, expanding out in robot mode. Their various individual cells and molecules can be reconfigures at will, and no two transformations are the same and are based on context.

8. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

i wouldn't consider it cheating, but simply a nod to g1. you know how tall soundwave was? pretty big, right? now look at his boombox mode. not so big anymore...
    same with megs and his gun mode

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I think in the movie it's intended to be that they split their bodies apart so completely that everything transforms into something else. Look at how Optimus' head kinda builds itself when he transforms to robot in the first BayFormers movie, suggesting it's not just stored away as-is. For all we know his eyes travel down to the headlights when he turns into a truck. Everything on their bodies changes to look like a piece of the alt mode so the disguise is totally complete.
    Of course that would require total control of every component of their bodies, but then if that's how they've evolved to be it's not that big a deal to them.

10. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

While I don't like the designs for most of the movie Transformers, their alt modes are very accurate to the vehicles they're based on. For example, I don't like the forearms of the first movie Jazz toy but his vehicle mode looks solid. Hasbro definitely has the vehicle mode in mind when they engineer their movie toys. I can say the same for G1 toys.