How do you want the 3rd Movie game to play?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First let me say that I love both these games despite their flaws. 2 of my all time favorite games.
    Pros for ROTF: Good online connection, host migration. Good DLC (most of the characters can be used online and in story mode). Graphics weren’t bad. Interesting control scheme that once you got used to rocked.
    Cons: Story mode could have been a little better. I did enjoy it even though it was a little repetitive. Online would at times have unbalanced matches like 4 vs. 2 etc.

Pros for WFC: Beautiful graphics. Pretty closest thing we’ll get to a G1 game. Fast paced (even the big guys move with good speed). A nice of online modes. Great control scheme. Nice weapon load outs. Story mode was long and fun for both campaigns.

Cons: Online connection needs work and host migration is greatly needed. DLC should have allowed guys like Jazz to be usable in story mode. Not many color options for creating a class. Playing online causes freezing.

Now in my perfect world, I would love to have the best of both worlds be in the 3rd game. Think how perfect this game would be if the 3rd movie game combine the best of each game.

2. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    I thought the controls were terrible in both games. I want a fluid combat system; something like GTA: SA's hand-to-hand combat system would be great if you wanted to use your fists instead of weapons (include more moves though, of course). It'd be awesome if the weapons system was like WFC's. Also, it'd be great if they did something like the Star Wars Battlefront games - include the option to switch between FPS and TPS. As for vehicle modes? Something like the GTA series' driving system would be fantastic; actually being able to stop the vehicles, do stunts/drifts/tricks more easily, etc. More destructible environments, the option to pick up signs/light posts/traffic lights/etc. in bot mode and use them as weapons, etc. My god, these would make TF3: The Game, THE best game ever IMO. Oh and good online mode...NOW we're talking best game ever. :D 

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    RotF style. The default Unreal Tournament style combat just isn't very Transformery. The RotF game's fast-paced, acrobatic action is more in line with what the movies portray, with characters transforming in and out of vehicle mode mid-fight and leaping off of architecture.

4. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    You know what, as long as Mixmaster, Scrapper, Rampage & Ravage are playable (and any new bots from TF3) I'll be happy.

I'm not looking to bash anyone, but WFC is not my thing, I mean why do they still insist on creating Transformers with the designs of the past? WFC would have been a list of games to buy if it had the Bayformers designs, I'm sick of those squareish-cereal-box robots.

In ROTF there was the ability to play the old Starscream, and other G1 characters, but why? To me that was pointless.

I know it took a long and dedicated time to the artist and I respect that, but surely Hasbro's playing the cards.

5. roarmore

roarmore Well-Known Member

More like WFC and less like the first movies game. =D Haven't played the ROTF game yet so no comment towards that. >>;

6. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Yeah, I hate the G1 designs. I DO want WFC-like gameplay though but of course, with movie designs. I agree with you that Mixmaster, Scrapper, etc. should have been playable; I mean, why just make Long Haul the only playable Constructicon? Ravage would be an awesome addition to the TF3 roster but, when you think of it, isn't he a bit too small? I can see him as being a deployable bot for Soundwave. Other characters I'd like to see are Skids and Mudflap - it'd be so cool if they had an alternate ice cream truck mode where you choose which twin you want to control before the match, they combine into truck mode, and the other twin (CGI-controlled) follows you everywhere you go and provides backup (make them weaker in this form though, to make things fair).

7. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    Good thread, Sideswipe80.

I'm with you, 100%. I felt ROTF had longer lasting power with me because of the near perfect Multiplayer connection. WFC really pisses me off with the freezing issues. LOVED the campaign. It was brilliant. But there's something about a transforming, mobile takedown that draws me in. Plus, ROTF shots and hits were very very good. You knew you were dealing damage, and any one character wasn't God-like with a plethora of powerups. I find myself unloading clip after clip after clip chasing someone, believing that I am hitting them, only to have them turn around and melee me once and I'm dead. Not to mention the fact that the melee was about 10 [game] feet away from me.

So, in summary, if we cannot have the best of both worlds, I'm gonna have to say that I would prefer a polished version of ROTF than WFC. WFC is wonderful, don't get me wrong. But if I were to look at both titles in a store, and both were the same price, and I had to pick just one or the world would explode, I would choose ROTF to be the driving force for TF3.

8. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I know the marketing machine would never let this happen, but I would be perfectly happy if TF3 bowed out of the inevitable tie-in movie game arena. At least not one rushed out the door to meet the movie's release date like we usually see. We didn't see a Dark Knight game and the world didn't implode.

9. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

If Tf3 has the graphics of wfc, but the gameplay style of RotF, I'd buy it in a heart beat.

10. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This. And I think the TF 3 game should have more DLCs. Like more repaints/skins for the characters.

11. Sideswipe94

Sideswipe94 Autobot

News Credits:
    This.

12. Big Bro

Big Bro MSF's Deterrent

I want the wfc graphics too. But what we must consider is the voice cast. what i want is the actual cast for the 3rd movie game, not stand-ins. I'm grateful that they got the cast from ROTF for the ROTF game, so I hope they do that again for the 3rd movie game.

13. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Things I'd like:

1. Story mode is as long and fun as War for Cybertron. While this depends on how the third film turns out script wise, by all means, extend it. Add new characters and locations. More toy pimping for Hasbro with new characters.
    2. The extended cast of the DS WFC games was a fantastic addition. Playable characters for the TF3 should be (out of the confirmed cast so far)

*Prime
    *Bee
    *Ironhide
    *Ratchet
    *Sideswipe
    *Silverbolt
    *Ferrari
    *Fire truck
    *Mercedes
    *Possibly the Twins
    *The Wreckers
    *Megatron
    *Starscream
    *Soundwave
    *Shockwave
    3. For online multiplayer, do everything ROTF did with it's success with connections, and with modes from both WFC and ROTF.
    4. Have co-op Story and multiplayer mode. Play along with your friends like on a PS2 or with other games. It's frustrating when someone asks you to play with them, but WFC and ROTF were single-player.
    5. I really am dying for something like this: have a mode where hundreds of enemies surround you, and you can tear through the generics for a good while with or without a second player.
    6. Plenty of cutscenes and voice acting. That's what I liked so much about the 07 DS games.

14. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

The single player should be more or less like a cross between the first movie's DS version and the Spider Man 2 video game. It is free roam where a mission objective point will pop up and you can go there at any time to accept the mission. Meanwhile there will be challenge waypoints around that can be completed for EXP or unlocks that can be completed optionally.

Have all of the characters from the movie at least appear if not be playable. Unlocked characters could be switched between at any time during free roam.

For Multiplayer have the modes from WFC with some sort of a spin. A VIP mode like One Shall Stand should definitely come back.

And yeah... that's about all I can think of.

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I would care less how the gameplay for the TF3 games turns out. I'll buy the TF3 games regardless.

16. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This may not make a whole lot of sense, but I found ROTF to be a better Transformers game but WFC to be a better overall game. What I mean is, I enjoy playing WFC more but that's likely due to how it borrows quite a bit from established shooter formulas. I'm not saying the transformation mechanic is not well implemented, but I really liked how ROTF integrated the transformation as part of your arsenal, and allowing for combos. The controls may have been a bit different but I thought the license was better used for gameplay. That said, I really liked High Moon's presentation when it came to the named characters (in campaign/escalation) even if things got slightly more generic in multiplayer. With some tweaking I'd like the TF3 game to be more along the lines of ROTF.

17. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    Alot like the WFC game yet very different. And no screwing over the Wii.

18. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

"Not one character was god-like [in ROTF]"? Are you kidding?! I guess you never played against someone using Jazz. He's so broken, that's why I stopped playing online in ROTF.

19. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    that he said

20. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    Jazz was a little ridiculous. However, he is still beatable if you knew which character balanced him. Clearly, flying bots are at a huge disadvantage against Jazz.

I was refering to the Warcry, Health Bomb, POKE 2.0, Shielded, Added Health Matrix BS Power ups in WFC. That's more ridiculous than Jazz.