How do you use Vector Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Seeker, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    For those of you that have your own TF continuities going, how do you use VP? My TFverse is based mainly on the G1 comic/toon with a small amount of the other storylines thrown in so how would you use Vector Prime if at all? At present he's still a ancient autobot that helped defeat the Quints millions of years ago but then left for deep space for unknown reasons. Opinions or ideas? I'm thinking of this because I just bought Vector and I'm quite impressed with him.

2. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

In my fanfiction timeline, he is presented exactly as he is in the Club Comic (one of the original 13, Guardian of Space/Time). However I intend to get a cybertron version and repaint it into a Last Autobot. Been meaning to do this for a year now...

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Yeah in my own little twisted universe VP is one of the original 13 as well.

4. racnruin

racnruin Decepticon

After he died in cartoon series he went back in the package/box to make room for other tf's :lolol 

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've got him as an agent of the universe, working alongside the other time traveller TFs to protect the space-time continuum from interferance.

6. M-Prime

M-Prime Banned

Me too. In my own little TFverse, Vector Prime is indeed one of the 13, and has recently returned to Cybertron from deep space to assist the Autobots in their losing battle to retake Cybertron. In my TFverse, The Autobots are losing bad, and the Decepticons have taken control of Cybertron after overthrowing the Council Of Primus.

7. fourth_heir

fourth_heir Battles for the fun of it!

In my Universe VP is the current Prime following the death of Optimus. A bit of back story to explain where he came from and who he is…

Two factions in a galaxy spanning war created Primus and Unicron as artificially sentient military software many millions of years ago (I use Micromen and Acroyear to represent these races as a bit of a nod to their being the ancestral toyline to TFs). Although the war and those involved are long gone and forgotten there are scattered archives of both programs on various worlds. One of which is the Autobot’s Matrix (housing a copy of Primus and responsible for the creation of Cybertron and it’s inhabitants – just one of many outposts and armies the two programs created during their heyday).

During one of the many Cybertronian conflicts the Decepticons (led by Starscream at the time) had been forced onto one of Cybertron’s moons where they discovered the Minicons – a group of TFs who had dropped their allegiances and downsized in an effort of mutual survival long before. Starscream was responsible for the development of all the ‘Armada’ type technology and used the Minicon’s as slaves to rebuild the moon into a massive spacecraft to flee.

This craft entered a nearby system and the Decepticons set up base on a seemingly dead world. The Decepticons lived the high life whilst their diminutive slaves toiled. The Minicon called Dead End discovered a computer buried in a cave one day and managed to activate it… and the copy of Unicron stored within.

A long series of events followed with various leading characters becoming heralds of Unicron and the program itself becoming incarnate through a legion of avatars (the Armada toy). The story carried over into a second dimension (inhabited by the Energon toyline) which was subsequently destroyed by it’s occupants to remove the threat of Unicron forever – only a handful of characters crossed back into the main universe including Galvatron (thus Megatron and Galvatron are two separate entities on my shelf) who had no idea that a fragment of Unicron had managed to download into his mind.

Eventually this weaker form of Unicron managed to subvert Galvatron and his troops who built a new avatar for the program. Unicron’s army returned to Cybertron, triggering another epic conflict in which Optimus was slain and his body (still housing the Matrix) interred in a shrine. Things got steadily worse for the Autobots (led by a triumvirate of Ultra Magnus, Jetfire and Overload) but it was during the darkest part of this conflict that a small group of Autobots found themselves trapped in Optimus’s shrine by a superior Decepticon force. A young warrior called Hot Rod touched Prime’s body in a moment of reverence as he hoped for a way out… and Primus answered! The Primus program completely uploaded itself into Hot Rod, overwriting his personality and reconstructing his body (the VP toy).

Bearing a sword of solid-state Matrix energy, the avatar of Primus led the Autobots in a devastating counteroffensive, defeating the last avatar of Unicron, decimating the Decepticons and scattering the remains of their army across the galaxy.

Following this victory Primus used it’s extensive powers to reconstruct Cybertron and transferred it’s personality and a lot of it’s powers into a new form – a globe-shaped super computer at the hub of the world (the Primus toy). Hot Rod’s personality was restored although altered by the fact that his body was now the living Matrix and he became Vector Prime: Warrior King of Cybertron who led his people into a golden age of peace and prosperity.

Some time later Cybertron was invaded by the expansionist Terran Empire (a use for my SWTFs – Earth developed transforming robot battlesuits from TF technology captured back in the 20th century and have since been conquering various alien races). This conflict ended in a devastating defeat for Earth (which has been reduced to a new dark age whilst all it’s provincial worlds are now controlled by Cybertronian Governors) at the hands of a new united Cybertronian race composed of the Autobots and the remains of the Decepticon army (the Autobots just didn’t have the edge against the humans and were forced into an alliance with the various scattered Decepticon factions). Unfortunately, Primus was destroyed and Vector Prime vanished without trace during this war and without a Prime or the Matrix the TFs are a dying race – each of their worlds is inhabited by only a small number of sentients and vast armies of mindless Vehicons to keep the local populations under control.

Naturally small groups are out searching for VP but I haven’t decided how to get him or the Matrix back into the story yet – perhaps he’ll turn up alive some time, perhaps he’s dead but the Matrix Sword will be retrieved and passed down from leader to leader from now on – who knows?…

Sorry for the long post - I tried to stick to only the most essential details. :) 

8. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

In MY universe VP is a mad pimp daddy, if you mess up, its a sword to the ass. and Im not talking about a spanking.

9. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I mostly just see him as a toy and not really involved with any fiction. The vast majority of my non-G1 universe toys I just see as inhabitants of Cybertron that never got "camera time" in G1. Homages I obviously thing of as another "what if" for the G1 character in question.

VP though...he's a little different I guess. From now on I shall think of him as the predecessor to Sentinel Prime (or at lest one of his predesessors).

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Best idea yet.

11. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    He is Primus in a smaller body, for when Primus is in Planet mode, he can fight in VP's body. His smaller body was originally built to combat Unicron's new smaller form, and Guide the Autobots in their struggle against him.

12. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    When I read the title of this thread, the first thing that came to mind was "CUP HOLDER"...

Anyway, I consider VP one of the original 13 and as a former matrix bearer. I've only seen a few Cyb. episodes, and haven't looked for/read much about VP's "real" origins.

13. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

In my own little dreamworld, Vector Prime is cannon fodder for Vehicon drones. He also gets his spark yanked out and stuck in a jar. That's how much I love him.

14. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

If anyone remembers from eons ago when I posted a fan fic I wrote (but didn't quite finish) Razorclaw would have eventually fought The Avatar of Primus, originally, it was going to be a resurrected Tigerhawk (for the irony of it seeing as how Razorclaw is a repaint of TH) but I have changed it to Vector Prime.

15. SoundwaveMajor

SoundwaveMajor Dark WarLord of Insanity

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    in my time line he help bring back primal from the dead. he is the one who open the gates up for the to return to cybertron.

16. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Funny how everyone has their own Universe/continuity at some point. :) 

In my universe, he's one of the 13, and is helping Optimus Prime to fight evil through the galaxy. Here's the Autobot unit I have assembled for that particular mission. I think they look pretty uniform, even with Hardtop being an Autobot now. I'm still thinking of recruiting PL Strongarm and CYB Brakedown for this team.
    [​IMG]

I also have another one which I'm kitbashing into Alpha Trion, but that, once finished, will be in the G1 universe.

17. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

fourth_heir - that's a pretty cool Universe you've created.

18. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I use Vector Prime for scratching those hard-to-reach places on my back.

19. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    In my own little Universe, there is no 13. That was just a cute zodiac thingy related to Beast Wars that Simon Furman cooked up (I believe the first use of it is during the BotCon/OTFCC shows).

Vector Prime is actually Alpha Trion. The one we see is far in the future, after being forced to become a Prime out of necessity. Think of him as Rodimus Prime's successor. He returns to life to help battle the Decepticons and, when Rodimus Prime is destroyed by Megatron, recently reconstructed from the remains of Galvatron, he takes the power of the Matrix and becomes Vector Prime.

He travels time and dimensions as a Guardian of Time, to stop any and all influence that Unicron may have in various timelines, etc.