How do you use Junkion Exchange?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lumpy, May 17, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i put this here since there's no real discussion threads allowed down there, and since most of us buy toys, i figured toy arc works...

so anyway, how do you use it?

do you do a search and see what comes up?
    or do you just check random threads? if so, how?
    is it based on the thread title?
    or do you look for board members you see who post alot, or are mods?
    lastly, do you ever click on someones signature when it has a link to a sales thread?

i'm just really curious...

i use a mix. if i need something specific, i'll search. other times i just randomly click...

2. misfit1015

misfit1015 Well-Known Member

Mainly just reading thread titles and random clicking for me.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I read the threads as they come up or when I'm bored. I find that I never look for the easy to find stuff (the majority of the stuff that turns up being G1), so searching only turns up old threads.

4. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    I sell some stuff sometimes. I usually buy figs I cant find in stores for whatever reason. For the most part, most people on the board are pretty reasonable.

5. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ive used it a few times now, each time with a hapy outcome. i find it easier and alot cheaper then e bay. plus the guys on here are really helpful. i normally just place an ad in the wanted thread and see what comes from it :) 

6. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

I think it's the way to go. I've bought and sold so much through here. More useful and more fairly priced than eBay. I think it pays off when you are patient and check it consistently.

I usually look at all the sale threads that get new posts (bumps) from the seller when I check "new posts." Even ones that I know didn't have anything last time I look at because stuff gets added all the time. I like dealing with people who have prices listed and pictures of stuff. That way I kinda know if I'm really wanting to deal, and I'm not wasting their time checking my PM's.

For my own personal sale stuff I really only try to bump when I make a change in price or I add something. I started using a link in my signature earlier this year. That helps. It's easy for me to update too. Though it is helpful to PM Liokaiser and ask him to update the title when I make a larger update.

7. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never really use the search unless I want something specific. I usually just click on all the threads I see on the first page

8. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    I like it, but I have to limit myself. It's too easy to spend 5-6 bucks there, 10 there, to get parts or loose bots for stuff, and then it's like - woah I just spent 50 bucks this month on used guys alone - yikes!

I use the search, though it's kind of a piitb. Good luck running a search on "Hot Rod" or any other 3 letter or less named characters.

I've been around long enough, that I kind of know who to check out and who are spamming, who're trying to get high end ebay prices for their stuff without going through ebay, or who gives out creepy vibes with their sales in general. It's an awesome part of the site though, and there are tons of great people and tons of great stuff to be had if you're willing to look. You just have to dig, it's like going to a cool antique store, or a used record shop or something - if you put in the time to look you'll almost always find something cool for less than you'd pay elsewhere. And since most people take way better care of their stuff than if you went via a garage sale, or ebay or whatever, it's also a plus.

I'm just sad whenever I miss out on the guys who sell like their whole alt collection for 10 bucks! ;) 

I should sell some stuff, but I'm too lazy. And not broke enough... yet.