How do you unbend Teradive's spear?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rexidus, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    The Terradive I picked up has one defect that I wish to fix. His spear, when folded in half doesn't quite match up perfectly. The tab is 1/8 of an inch to the side of the slot it is supposed to line up on. Yes I can just force it and put it in there but I'd rather fix it so I don't have to.

So how do I fix this?

2. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Think you can provide pics? Its hard to tell what the problem is with just the description.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    The very end of the trident has a peg that slots into the hole you can see in the picture. But as you can see the shaft is bent just slightly enough that they don't align.

Now the plastic is soft enough that I can force it to snap together but I'd prefer if the shaft lined up where it is supposed to by itself.

Attached Files:

4. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Whoa. That looks like a defective spear. Mine is also slightly bent like that but its no where near as bad as that. I'm at a loss. I can't tell from your picture whether its the joint or the plastic itself that is bent, but if its the plastic itself, you might be able to heat it and bend it into shape.

5. crasis

crasis Yahk Deculture!

News Credits:
    You return it to the store and get a new one. Easy fix!

6. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    Personally, I would see if I could bend back into shape by warming the plastic. Immersing it warm or hot water may do the trick, I've done this a couple times.

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Thanks guys, especially Chainclaw.

I did line the shaft up with one of the strait lines and they seem to be strait to me. Even unfolded it seems to be a strait line. So that implies it's something with the joint. And if it's the joint then bending the plastic would affect the unfolded aesthetics of it.

So since I doubt I'll ever fold it for display I may just leave well enough alone since the unfolded trident looks fine.