how do you transform

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ssjkazer, Dec 25, 2010.

?

how do you transform you transformers

1. use intructions provided

39.8%
  2. get some one else to show you how to transform it

0.9%
  3. use an online video

7.1%
  4. tear it out of the package trow the instructions aside and work it yourself

17.7%
  5. go for it your self once stuck use the above besides option 4

34.5%
  1. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    When you open up a new transformer how do you proced with that first transformation

2. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I do it until I'm stuck, in which case I refer to either a video review or the instructions.

3. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    yeah i go for it and then if i get stuck i refer to the instructions if the instructions are useliss i have a back up plan youtube it never had to do that though

4. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    how do i transform? with my hands! ha lame joke. but i do it my self unless it a voyager or bigger.

5. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I fiddle around with it, mess with some of the panels and try to figure out the transformation scheme. 9 out of 10 times I'm right, but if something just doesn't work out, I consult the internet.

6. PropaneProphet

PropaneProphet Well-Known Member

I use the instructions the first time. Almost always, I get it after that and I never need it after that. Only exceptions being Energon Starscream (which later helped with HFTD Terradive), NEST Voyager Ironhide, and ROTF Leader Class Optimus Prime.

Get it right the first time, and it just helps. I didn't with Ironhide, and I still end up mis-transforming him due to muscle memory.

7. GreenCream

GreenCream Well-Known Member

I throw it against something soft, then try to find limbs in the ensuing mess of parts.
    It's pretty fun.

8. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The first time round* I'll always use the instruction & then subsequently no need at all.

*Due to a traumatic childhood incident when transforming a TF, which ended being spoilt

9. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I go until I get stuck. Happens sometimes.

10. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I use the instructions, unless it's a legends class or I've seen a video before buying the toy and the transformation was something I memorized.

11. Cay

Cay Growling Tiger

I just go at it straight from the box. When I'm stuck, that's when I unfold that white sheet of paper they call the instructions. If something is still iffy even with the help of the instructions, I go online and look for photos posted by other collectors or video reviews.

12. sparkimusprime

sparkimusprime Coffee+Black=Delicious

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Instructions? What are those? Oh, you mean that sheet that tells you what to do. Yeah I don't use that I'm a 'murrican male. The pictures on the box or card are enough. Most of the initial fun is trying to figure it out yourself.

13. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I usually try to just figure it out by looking at it, though if there's anything I can't figure out right away, I'll look for some pictures of how it looks in both modes to see what ends up where in the end (or sometimes if I have it transformed, I'll look at pictures to make sure I have all the kibble lined up right). If it's really bad, I'll look up a video review (like yesterday I transformed ROTF Leader Prime for the first time, and I got almost the whole thing finished by myself, but I couldn't figure out where the red flaps on his chest go in vehicle mode. They weren't very intuitive!) I don't find the instructions to be that helpful, a lot of the time.

14. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I religiously follow the instructions when transforming something because, considering what I pay for some things, I'm not going to buy something just to break it accidentally (transforming these things is nowhere near as instinctual for me as it is for others). That said, sometimes the instructions aren't helpful, so then I'll resort to internet videos for help.

Sometimes, neither helps and it's just a matter of fiddling with it until a eureka moment hits (realizing the dashboard has to stay above the seats when pushing in the windshield to get Alternity Bumblebee's chest right, or flipping Movie Ironhide's upper torso around first so I can get his waist to peg in correctly).

15. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    If it is a really obvious transformation then I just go for it. But usually I go by instructions (even though they can be dodgy at times). Reason being, I'm more concerned about actually breaking something because I missed a step.

16. stormshadow0621

stormshadow0621 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I normally do it without instructions...just refer to the back pictures to make sure I got it correct at the end. The ones I have difficulties with are the ones with abnormal alt modes, when I transform them back.

17. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    depends on the size, but 99% of the time i use the instructions the first time

18. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Wheres the i use and i dont use Instructicosn Option??

19. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Peaugh

20. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    With most TFs I give it a go without instructions but if I get to point where I think I might break something, I'll reference the instructions. although admittedly lately I've been to excited about the more recent figures and have watched video reviews before getting the figure so I know their transformations before I get them in hand.