How do you think Beast Machines should've been done

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OOSnake, Feb 19, 2012.

1. OOSnake

OOSnake Well-Known Member

How do you think BM should've been done? I was thinking how good it would be if they returned to a more G1 Dinobots look.

Actually thinking of making some customs like that, but I have no BM figures

So how do you think they should've gone aobut Beast Machines? Nobody say They shouldn't have done it D :

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Less angst and more fun like Beast Wars.

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I would have liked it more if Nightscream was actually likable and if Rattrap didn't throw away his pragmatism just because the plot demanded it.

4. OOSnake

What exactly is Nightscream anyway? I know he's some sort of bat, but he's really weird. He's got a horn or something on his face.

5. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Less "organic good, technology bad!"

6. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

If we're talking about toys, I couldn't say b/c I never had any of them. But for the cartoon, I agree, I wish Rattrap were more of the badass he was in BW, and he didn't have so much trouble learning how to. I didn't mind the other character alterations as much.

Loved the tone of the series and the plot. Wasn't a big fan of Botannical, but cool to have a transformer whose alternate mode was neither vehicle nor beast-- would love to see this concept expanded in the future maybe, either in the comics or some other medium.

Half the series is the Maximals running from the Vehicons, which was sufficient to give the impression that they were outnumbered and outgunned, but it would've been cool if they showed it in different ways.

All in all, I liked BM as much as BW.

7. OOSnake

Rattrap needed legs. But the toy gave him that, didn't it.
    Can you imagine what it'd be like in the cartoon if he discovered he had proper legs?
    'Hey, what're the--no way, I've had these all along? Oh wow, this is awkward..I can't beleive I never noticed..'

8. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Would had redone almost 70% of it.

First, I would had started the series with Megatron escaping the shuttle and the Maximals crashing on Cybertron. Would had them put up a fight against the Vehicons instead of running. Sure the virus would still get to them, but Optimal Optimus should had been very hard to take down for the Vehicons.

Next I wouldn't pretend the Predacons were never around, I would have more survivors being Predacons and Maximals that united to fight back. Which by that would mean taking over Vehicon bodies, placing their sparks into them, and create havoc to Megatron's forces and network under the Wrecker banner.

I would had show the events that came before Primal's crew show up from Megatron's point of view. I would show how he got the virus, why he hated organics, how he created the Vehicons, and show him attacking the Tripredicus Council.

Nightscream would had been different, would had survivor guilt, but none of his "Nightscreamish" traits.

I would have Autobots show up later in the series as they answer the call instead of plant lady. I would have Optimus Prime, Hound, and Goldbug to aid the Maximals, adding a BW nod about Prime recalling seeing Primal before going back into stasis lock. Which would had help explain why Prime was meant to be around for Transtech.

The Maximals and Predacons would had guns and would fight like a real war. I'd have them attacking Vehicon production plants often, forcing Megatron to be more creative and making more powerful Vehicon drones.

When it comes to Silverbolt and Rhinox, I would of have them becoming Jetstorm and Tankor still. But I would had Silverbolt returning much like he was in Beast Wars. I would had free Rhinox and return to the Maximals, but have him being the one that remembers his actions as Tankor and damage by it.

When it comes to the new look of Primal's team, it would be different. I would had kept the iconic features of the characters with the new bodies. Rattrap would still have his "brain" and legs, Optimus would still have his "prime" helmet and BW mind set. None of this organic hippie take like the real show had. I would had him depress over what happened, but also make it more of calling to never give up and fight on until Cybertron is liberated. I would also have kept colors as they were sent to their pre transmetal alt modes. So the new upgrades would had kept the color schemes of each character as they had back in BW season one.

When it came to the final battle, it would had been Cybertron against Megatron's forces. I would had Primal sent the sparks free and return to their bodies and fight with Primal's team and the other survivors. I would had street by street action as the population of Cybertron fought back against the Vehicons as Optimus Primal took on Megatron and Cheetor and the others dealt with the generals.

9. phoenix88

phoenix88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually don't mind Rattrap trying to find his identity in the team again. Not do I mind botanica.

What I do mind is Nightscream as a whole, the preachiness of Optimus primal, and the savage/noble arc ( specifically Nightscream's angst toward savage/noble and the angst the latter had). Beast machines would be better without those three, especially if they
    found a better way of bringing Megatrons organic half back into the equation

Beyond that, the series really developed Cheetor further and I dug that.

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I like Beast Machines just the way it is. If anything, I might almost prefer a few other things being done differently in order to fit better with Beast Machines. :) 

11. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

I really liked most of BM. Objectively speaking, I thought there was too much running from the Vehicons. Time that could've been spent doing other things.

Some of the episodes just came off as really strange. I'm sure they tested well among the writers and Hasbro staff, but even as a teenager I was like.." huh?" Most of those were:

-Weird fruit tree at Nightscream's. Come ON. We had a beastial regression ep in BW, and it did it better.

-More survivors would've been cool. It was a ghost planet, and we got teased alot with images of other robots in flashbacks. But the writers chose to recycle the same team with very little new blood.

-Speaking of which, seeing old sights on Cybertron would've kicked ass. One of the most chilling things in The Walking Dead TV series is seeing familiar things in a ruined state. Imagine Rattrap finally taking Silverbolt to that bar.

-I would've handled the whole Rhinox thing much differently. If you wanted to keep angry Rhinox, make HIM the militant hippy instead of Optimus. The dude was totally in love with nature. It makes no sense for him to go against it on Cybertron. I mean we all knew he had a temper, but he was good deep down.

-Savage/Noble needed a complete overhaul. Specifically his relationship with Megatron. Maybe going fully organic could've been Rhinox's fault, and he goes to Megatron to get re-botted. But Megs finds a way to get Noble to absorb all of his remaining dragon DNA, and purges himself by creating Savage.

-Nightscream needed character GROWTH. I understand what they were doing, making Cheetor face a (slightly more obnoxious) version of his younger self. But little ever happened that matured him as a character.

-Rattrap is another hot topic I always see brought up. Apparently, some people are confused as to who he was in Beast Wars. Rattrap was a cowardly, foul-mouthed, self-serving, opportunistic, smarmy little jerkface. He was not Charlton Heston with a pink tail and whiskers. The only bad thing about his ass was how it smelled. The only thing I would've changed is the wheels. No other Maximal had ANY elements from a previous form save the beast mode. Legs or GTFO. I think it would've been neat if he had a focus on traps, though. Trap IS in his name.

-Finally, they missed the boat with Strika and Obsidian. When Megatron revealed that he had two legendary Autobot generals on his side, I know every last damn one of us was looking to hear a recognizable name. Choose two Autobots for the role, make logical assumptions for why they choose to serve Megatron.

-Oh! One other neat idea I had. Thrust should've come to his awaken gradually and horrifically. Maybe some of that organic sludge got on him, and over the course of the episode he devolves Jeff Goldblum style into a gibbering, moronic organic.

12. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

Primal not being a hippie

13. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    After actually watching the series for the first time last year I would keep it just the way it is. I actually enjoyed it.

I watched Beast Wars back when it original aired. And when Beast Machines came out I was upset at what they did to my beloved characters. I only watched a couple of episodes and decided to just stop. I couldn't take it. I was to close minded. So from then till last year I hated Beast Machines without actually giving it a chance.

I wouldn't have mind seeing more of Cybertron and it's population before shit hit the fan. I would have loved to see its cities and landmarks. And also.... I would have enjoyed seeing Megatron WIN! That would have been sweet.

14. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Less Nightscream in the way he turned out. I appreciated how they made Optimus Primal, first die hard for organic-only, then realizing "aww shit...I fucked up, I became a fanatic, like Megatron!". They had great conflicts in the shows, externally and internally (except Nightscream, who I stand by literally [not joke 'literal', in the truest sense] being my most hated character in anything, ever [no fucking exaggeration, I hate most hyperbole and when people use "literally", "hate" and "ever" in appropriately]), I like when Cheetor stood up to Optimus for kinda loosing his shit, and the desperation they were feeling.

15. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Pretty much this, except that the fan in my would've liked to see things last about twice as long, and involve concepts that were otherwise skipped over like more G1 related stuff & of course a later couple of seasons after the show ended with flowers & shit. Like, what happened after the Transformers found their world all technorganic, how did they take to Cheetor's group, and ultimately what went down from there on?

If anything, I think that had potential to be a really good show.

16. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I'm actually pretty happy with the way it turned out. Sure, I didn't like some of the designs, but overall I enjoyed it. :) 

EDIT: This "horn" you speak of, are you talking about his robot mode or beast mode? Beast mode; That would be his nose. Some species of bats have large, flat noses like Nightscream displays. Robot mode; that's some sort of huge piece of emo hair or something.

17. power prime

power prime AutoBot Commander

Ebay:
    This
    Also this
    and
    megatron wins sorry but i hate cybertron being a grass and tree plant.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    It was great the way it was.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I would've liked the Techno-Organic trees and Cybertron at the end to look actually techno-organic and not just regular trres and regular Cybertron with a retexture. When I think techno-organic Cybertron I imagine a world with blended machinery and plant life, like parks along metal roadways, trees outside of buildings, oceans with techno-organic fish and creatures in it.

I also would've ditched Nightscream and have Silverbolt cut out his angst about three episodes after his return.

20. Nope

Nope Predacon

News Credits:
    A lot of people hate that Rhinox switched sides, and while I'm not the biggest fan of that (as Rhinox is one of my favorite TF characters), I think that they should have brought him back for the pilot and several other episodes and built a story arc revolving around him becoming Tankor.