How do you suppose John Keller, Galloway and Mearing would've worked together?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RedWolf, Aug 9, 2011.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Scenario: John Keller is still retained by the President as Secretary of Defense.

With the crisis in ROTF and DOTM how would Secretary of Defense John Keller,National Security Adviser Theodore Galloway and National Intelligence Director Charlotte Mearing work together?

2. blur3479

blur3479 The most boring member

News Credits:
    i doubt keller would be able to deal with galloway

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Between the three, Keller seemed to be the one that most liked the Autobots [and by consequence, the one with the most reasonable line of thought], also [by FAR] the most competent of the three, he would lead the team and make it work.

Mearing would as always be an annoying bitch, but she would answer to Keller, and as she seems to obey to the chain of command, she would probably follow his orders [though always complaining and disagreeing with], she'd do her job well.

Galloway would be a pin in the ass to deal with, but Keller [and Mearing] would shut him up too.

Assuming things worked out the way I described, "The Star Harvester Crisis" [How I name the events shown in ROTF] would have been solved REALLY faster, because Keller would never approve the NEST disbandement [on the contrary, he would provide limitless support to the NEST team and Sam], they'd be with the whole NEST crew AND military reinforcement, AND Simmons AND Sam AND Jetfire on Egypt.

Optimus would be revived way before The Battle of Egypt's start, the battle would have been much smoother to the Autobots.

As for the "Prime Uprising" [how I name the events shown in DOTM], The Autobots would like have never left Earth [or maybe they would, but only as a ploy].

The events would be more-or-less the same in DOTM, I doubt Keller would know much about Apollo 11 or that kind of thing.

Now Thomas Banacheck working with those guys would be badass, 'Cons wouldn't stand a chance.

4. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Keller would take that shotgun and shoot both of them.

5. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

And what would be the chain of command?

Keller would be superior to Mearing and Galloway, no?

Keller, Mearing then Galloway...or is the other way around? xD

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    He'd fire them. Literally.

And then promote this guy to right-hand man. I really liked Banachek; he had this air of absolute competence about him.

7. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    They would have hired the hackers, Leo, and Mikaela. Maybe her dad too.

8. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Keller would be badass, by killing the other 2, get awaywith it since nobody likes them and then kill a Decepticon with a shotgun.

9. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

Keller would throttle the other two and be perfectly justified for it. Then the Autobots could actually have a loyal government ally (one outside the military).

10. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I think Mearing actually did care about the autobots enough in DOTM. It was a gradual getting there thing though.

Galloway was just a dumbfuck who thought the war could be fought without them.

11. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    I don't even put Keller in the same thoughts with Galloway or Mearing because he was actually useful and competent as opposed to being a dumbass or bitchy. But to their defense Galloway did turn around and become somewhat decent in the comics before Shockwave killed him. And Mearing seemed to loosen the cock in her ass by the second half of DOTM and understood what had to be done. So they are fine to me now. But their first impressions blowed.

12. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Keller was great.
    Galloway was a lil bitch.
    Mearing was a bitch.

Three way made in heaven. LOL

13. LesterX

LesterX Banned

Anyone else sad that Keller, and the hackers, were never seen again?

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Keller was a Bad Ass. :bay  Jon Voight is one of the many people that look awesome holding a gun.

If Keller was still in office we wouldn't have those crappy beareaucrats. I kinda liked Mearing because she eventually became useful and that backstory with Simmons.

Galloway was a jerk and i'm glad he didn't come back. I bet they ditched him in Egypt FOREVER!

15. Honorbound

Pretty much, yeah. I'm of the opinion that you could retool the movie around them, cutting out Sam and Mikaela entirely. Just have the code that Maggie transported to Glen be the reason that the Decepticons targeted them: the Cons had a shot at data that wasn't protected by the military network. You could also introduce the Autobots that way as they follow the Decepticons to Maggie and Glen.

16. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

The actor who playes Galloway is openly gay...maybe he wanted to add that dimension to his character in DOTM and thats why he didnt return xD

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Maggie and Glen should have been the Bayformer protagonists. Those two actually would have made a great couple.

I don't think it's that. I think it's caused people hated Galloway so much Bay removed him along with Leo, Skids and Mudflap.

18. Honorbound

You'd have to completely rewrite the second half of Revenge of the Fallen, but it needed to be done anyhow.

19. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Yeah, Keller was awesome [Jon Voigt WITH A SHOTGUN], I liked how for once, a politician trusted the Autobots.

I also found funny how the Secretary of Defense was much more competent at rulling the country than the President Itself.

The first movie had a lot of awesome characters, it's a shame they were never seen [or heard from, for that matter] again [Banacheck, Keller, Maggie, Figueroa and Glenn].

In fact, those missing characters are the main reason I came up with the fanfic "Storming Tides", that mostly serves to fill some blanks in the movie-verse [mainly concerning the disappearence of some characters, Robots and humans alike].

From these, the one that I most wonder about is Banacheck, think about it, he's the head of Sector 7: This guy knew about Apollo 11.

20. Honorbound

I liked Banachek as well, and his scene with Keller was great.