How do you store your...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Erland, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instructions, guns, accessories not being used, and broken pieces/bots?

After I moved last time from one state to another, I had to get rid of all my TF boxes and didn't think about the instructions until 2 years later when I went to setup my TF's again.

When we were packing up the U-Haul to move we ran out of room, it was packed as full as possible and needed just a little more room, so I had to throw out my 3 50 gallon bags of boxes/cards from Beastwars/RiD/Re-Issues. :'(

Well I'm moving again (down the street this time to a bigger place) and I don't want to lose anything. I have bought a tackle box to store all the instructions and loose guns/parts/ect. so it will work for now but, I want something more efficient since the bottom of the box is filling up quickly with instructions. I would like to find a book of some sort to store the instructions but I don't think they make pages big enough to store the instructions, opened, so I can look at them without touching them. I don't think that it will happen.

So what is your choice of storage for these types of things.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I put the instructions in a shoe box, and accessories in a portable storage cabinet.

3. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I have my instructions in one little plastic bag, and accessories and parts in another. Both are then left in a cupboard.

4. wolverenz

wolverenz Decepticon

News Credits:
    I use Ziploc bags and put it all in one small box. With labels on em'

5. Hursticon

Hursticon Emissary of OZformers.

News Credits:
    All my paperwork, accessories, card backs etc. end up here:

[​IMG]

Where as my boxes tend to end up here:

[​IMG]

6. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

I have no broken bots because I take care of my guys pretty well. The instructions are stored in a shoebox. Usually mixed up. If I sell a TF it's a hassle to dig into it, and it's getting pretty full now, too.

7. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I just recently started putting loose accessories in a Ziploc bag. I store instructions in the trash. Broken TFs are either not in the house or among the unbroken stuff. I still count them towards my collection count though.

8. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Ideally:
    Instructions are in a zip-close travel wash bag. Weapons are in the hands of their owners, poised for war. Boxes are stored in the attic.

In reality: All instructions, toys and accessories are still in their boxes, all in the attic from the last time I moved. Two years ago. New toys go straight up there. One day I will crack.

9. Irish Carnage

Irish Carnage Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    i used to keep my instructions in a folder but now that i have so many i keep them in my 2010 primus box. i tend only to keep 3rd party boxes and g1 boxes and the big boxes, case and point 2010 primus and 2010 unicron. the boxes themselves are stored in a built in wardrobe i have in my spare room and i use some of the smaller boxes as risers sometimes.

10. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    My TFs are stored in those tower draw things, and one of the draws is dedicated to instructions/tech specs and another to the accessories.

The toys are stored in draws by generation, so the accessories are bagged by generation in comic book bags (ie by G1, BW/BM, RID, ARM etc.) The instructions are stored in comic bags as well, again by generation. Still very messy though, one day I will reorganise it all.

11. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have instructions in plastic shopping bags, one per faction. Any spare weapons (mostly Cyber keys) are in little ziplock bags. US boxes I generally toss, most others have the figure in them unless it's currently on display.

12. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

Instructions go into power core combiner boxes. They're about the size of large books, so they fit on the lower shelves of my display quite well. Only problem is, I'm up to 5 or 6 of them, and I only have a couple more empties left...

Boxes get tossed, unless it's an important figure. I don't have anything old that would be worth keeping, so I just have a couple masterpiece and reissue boxes on a shelf in the basement.

As for broken/parts figures and accessories, I have a plastic tote that holds all those. I don't have that many right now, so it just stays under a table in the basement as well. The extra weapons go in a plastic bag some don't have to search throught the big tub. I only have one gallon bag full of those at the moment...

13. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I put all my instructions in one of those accordian type folders.That way I can separate them between lines and classes so they're easier to find if need be.

14. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Accessories end up in a ziploc I toss into the storage box with the figures that aren't being displayed. I tried storing boxes and instructions, but I realized how much they take up space and stopped doing it. Both go to the trash now, with the only exception being any rare or Japanese boxes/instructions. Those end up in a box in a closet in the basement :D 

15. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i keep all my accessories/weapons that i dont display the figures with in a little rubbermaid kind of box. its like shoebox sized. works well

i dont really keep instructions or boxes [save for Masterpiece boxes and Optimus Prime boxes in general. cuz I <3 Optimus]

I have some lying about from recent purchases but thats only cuz ive been too lazy to break em down and put em in recycling :p 

16. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Instructions go in an accordion file (it's f'n huge too)
    Accessories go in a shoebox
    Any extra bots I don't have displayed go in boxes I got from work. Most of the crap I don't display are movie crap so I don't bag them.

17. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Throw out instructions and keep boxes to act as boxes. Any accessories that I can put on other figures are re purposed.

18. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I used to be good and organise instructions by series in folders, but now they are all thrown in a drawer. I must sore them out. As for the accessories, I have a plastic container for missiles/cyber keys etc, but I mostly forgot who those bits belong to :( 

19. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I store all my instructions in my MP Skywarps box, accessories on the figure they came with or close to them.

20. AMG

AMG Old School

Instructions and all extra accessories are stored in a large Transformers tin (but it's overflowing and running out of space). Flattened boxes and cards are stored in plastic bins.