How do you score Transformers: War For Cybertron

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Transformed, Jun 28, 2010.

?

TFW2005 Transformers: War For Cybertron Members Rating

1. 5 Stars: Great

46 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. 4 Stars: Good

55 vote(s)
    47.8%
  3. 3 Stars: Satisfactory

13 vote(s)
    11.3%
  4. 2 Stars: Needs Improvement

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  5. 1 Star: Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know there're other threads talking about ratings and what not, but I want to do them one better by allowing you, the gamer, to add your two cents. Please be honest with your feelings about the game, honesty is what the developers would want to hear, so let the words flow through your finger tips, but first, here are the latest ratings for Transformers: War For Cybertron from 10 gaming sites: *I will update the ratings as updates come in.

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    it is flat out my favorite video game

3. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Well,I gave a 5 purely based on the fact that it's the best transformers game we have seen,and thats what matters to me. Now sure, it could use some DLC, but I would say thats in the future.

4. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gameinformer online gave it an 8.5. I give a 4 out 5. Would have been a 5 out of 5 if the roster was better and the servers didn't boot me half the time.

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    gave it a 5, i usually get bored of a game after the campaign, but i've been playing escalation, and mp and enjoying them for a change

6. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I personally don't think this game deserves any less than an 8/10. It has its flaws, yes, but it's still an very fun, solid game.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  7. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I voted 4, simply because it could be better.

8. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    8/10. Could have used another month or two of polish to iron out the bugs like getting caught in scenery, falling through the map etc. Also needs host migration badly.

If those things were fixed I'd give it an 8.5/10 easily.

9. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, the make or break for me is the multiplayer and i'm just not a big fan of it on this game. Maybe they could make it better with updates in the future but we need MORE people playing this game online.

10. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Needs more cowbell...

Seriously though we need some more escalation maps and more chassis for MP. Also think that overshield should be banned in TD for realz. Looking forward to DLC.

11. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    3, just mediocre. It's definitely not something I'd play for days in a row.

12. Rainmaker11

Rainmaker11 ThundaCracka

Ebay:
    I give it a 5 cause it is the best transformers game imo that has come out to date. I like the engine and am glad that high moon kept the characters close to their roots. Plus I like the fact that it looks like there could be a sequel :) 

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Nothing less than a nine. It's a great game, just because it's not as great as Batman: AA or as lasting as MW2 doesn't change that.

14. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    More escalation maps and a better colorizer for customization and I would give it 5 stars. I WANTZ REPAINTZ!!!1!

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hard to give it an honest review actually. Would say a 3.5 / 5 probably, it's hard being a fan.

But with more practice in, and once getting used to all the little annoyances, a 4/5 for sure.
    Have to admit the game looked so much prettier when finally seeing it on my own tv.
    Youtube etc does it no justice. Pretty amazed by the level designs and all the atmospheric touches. Easy game to just stop and look for awhile.

Im afraid to say this, but still not liking the robot designs much. Too much armor or something, and Megatron's face is hard to take serious lol
    The overall designs just seem cheap, even theough they still have tons of detail planted in them. Im sure the toys will change that feeling once they're all on my shelf :lol 

Overall, while it feels like Unreal Tournament with robots, Im very sastified with it.
    Think it will be a good launching pad to build some even better Transformer games with.
    This is just practice for what's to come, but atleast they have a good foundation established for the ride.

Been playing mutliplayer to Metal Health by Quiet Riot

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  16. kraven

kraven Decepticon

I give it 4 out of 5. Although I havent played online yet so I guess it could change. The main thing I want improvement on is melee combat. I want to be able to do combos or something to that effect. I dont like that you swing then have to put back your weapon before another melee. Also just a bit longer story mode, I like short games but this felt a little too short. Overall I love it though.

17. Glass_of_water

Glass_of_water Well-Known Member

4/5 i love the game but there is room for some improvements :thumbs2: 

18. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i know deer gawd, what is insane is one match, THE ENTIRE AUTOBOT ROSTER, ABOUT 5-6 PEOPLE, ALL HAD OVERSHIELDS AT THE SAME TIME, HOW DOES THAT WORK!?!?!?!?!?! and this was the very beginning the match

hardest match ever, our team of 3 got 10 kills in barely.....it was rediculous

19. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Team overshield is a 5 kill perk for scientists.

20. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    3. not bad. not great. average.

I'll focus on the negatives since most people are probably going to just list the positives.

I don't like it when cinemas on the PS3 have tons of compression artifacts all over them. blu-ray. no excuse. seriously. NONE.

HUGE FOR THE SAKE OF HUGE character designs. hate it, hate it, hate it.

Most decepticons look like a pile of rectangles and triangles haphazardly glued together.

Many autobots do too, but less triangles.

Textures are pretty awful at times. they look fine from a distance, but when you get a close-up, quite a few look really horrible. Prime's face is the worst offender (it also animates really badly) could be a style choice. if it is, I don't like it.

Campaign is pretty short, and honestly isnt a whole lot of fun the second time through.

Single player campaign AI is absolutely stupid. During the Autobot airship battle in the decepticon campaign, Skywarp and Thundercracker transformed at the start of the area, landed, and sat there the entire fight. This is only the worst AI offense in a very, very long list.

Dark energon story is pretty dumb. Way to not really explain your plot device. Why is it Dark? Because it's bad. Why does it even exist if it's bad? because it needs to be a plot device. How does megatron control it? because megatron just can. no. seriously, why? because he's megatron? that's it? okay. gotcha.

Starscream's switch to the decepticon side feels like it happens way too fast.

MP character customization is painfully limited.

BUT

It's still fun. multiplayer is great. core gameplay is very, very satisfying. and I'm glad I bought it. 3 out of 5 isnt bad. it's average (to me). average isnt bad. but the people saying this is "this year's arkham asylum" just have me laughing.

I had more fun with the Armada game, though.