Customs: How do you remove the white stripes on Classics Bumblebee?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Nerdling, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    I think white stripes on a yellow car, especially this car, look terrible. I was wondering what you kitbashers use to remove paint from toys (and if it's even possible with this one) to give him a more accurate G1 look.

I was maybe even thinking of just painting over them black.

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

usually nail polish remover takes it off. That's how I got my decals off Alt Ricochet

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

usually nail polish remover takes it off. That's how I got my decals off Alt Ricochet

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'd just repaint the top of the car yellow. It's not yellow plastic like other parts of the car and if you try to remove the paint on it chances are you'll end up with a clear hood. The rest of the car can be removed pretty easily.

5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'd just repaint the top of the car yellow. It's not yellow plastic like other parts of the car and if you try to remove the paint on it chances are you'll end up with a clear hood. The rest of the car can be removed pretty easily.

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yeah, it's not too hard. I just soaked the parts of mine in rubbing alcohol for 5 minutes, and then rubbed the white paint off with an old rag. Some of it comes off really easily, though occasionally you have to really scrub it.

However, the clear plastic on this figure IS the type that breaks down if put into a solvent like alcohol. If you can, avoid letting the clear plastic hinges on BB's roof sit in the alcohol... mine just crumbled away (though I've since fixed it). Even the clear insert in the back of the car (for the windows) is vulnerable, and in my BB, it just spontaneously cracked when soaked, though that doesn't really affect the toy or transformation in any way.

zmog

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yeah, it's not too hard. I just soaked the parts of mine in rubbing alcohol for 5 minutes, and then rubbed the white paint off with an old rag. Some of it comes off really easily, though occasionally you have to really scrub it.

However, the clear plastic on this figure IS the type that breaks down if put into a solvent like alcohol. If you can, avoid letting the clear plastic hinges on BB's roof sit in the alcohol... mine just crumbled away (though I've since fixed it). Even the clear insert in the back of the car (for the windows) is vulnerable, and in my BB, it just spontaneously cracked when soaked, though that doesn't really affect the toy or transformation in any way.

zmog