Customs: How do you remove Battle Begins Optimus vs Megatron Battle Damage.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I've decided not to buy Voyager Optimus and insted get the battle Begins but i one question how do you remove the battle damage from Prime.

I herd two things one cut it off or two remove it with rubbing alachoal...can you remove it with rubbing alacahol?

Attached Files:

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I personally have never done these specifically, but would recommend trying alcohol before actually cutting anything ;) 

I just rubbing alcohol'd powerglide with 91%, it's a lot of work. but all the factory paints now gone.

3. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Now, I haven't done it to these guys (yet?), but I think you may run into a couple of snags when you do so...

Prime's chest is molded in the clear blue plastic (as seen in the windows), so stripping the battle damage paint apps may remove the red & silver paint below/around the 'battle damage'. So, you might have to remove all the red & silver paint from his chest, just to follow up with a new coat of paint (to replace what you removed trying to get the battle damage off).

Megs should be easier, as the battle damage appears to be painted onto the gray plastic he's molded in. Well, except his left foot anyways. That should just take a new coat of paint to his feet (and maybe his waist/abs) to get the paint to match.
    -Oh, and the battle damage to his head too, remove it and then repaint the black details next to his face...

I hope that helps, I was thinking of doing the same to the set I'd picked up, but just haven't gotten around to it yet... -Of course, if I've missed anything, I'm sure the more experienced 'bashers here will have a few more pointers/ideas for you!

4. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
  5. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Thanks but this may be a noob question...but what kind of paint should i use and where could i get the kind of paint?

6. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    any help?

7. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Help?????????

8. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just go to your local hobby shop and find some Tamiya or Testors Acrylic paint. Use several thinned layers of paint and not just straight from the bottle.

9. Autovolt 127

News Credits:

what do you mean straight from the bottle......could i find Testors Acrylic at a store like Wal-Mart or what kind of definition of hobby store......name a few places?

10. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

There should be a Hobby Lobby, Hobby Bench or a Marshall's in your neck of the woods that has what you are looking for. The bottles are small, and about $3.29 a bottle.

I use Krylon Fusion spray paint for the base/large pieces, and then the Testors for your detailing.

And peep out the stickies at the top of the forum page, that will be able to help you out a lot. Lord knows, it helped me. Good luck, bro!