How do you Reconcile Alt/BT Prime with your Autobots?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Attobot2006, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Attobot2006

Attobot2006 Well-Known Member

I now collect mostly Alt/BT sized bots along with MP figures and kinda build my own 1/24ish scale TF world in my head. I already had MP Prime to go with the alts/BTs, but recently I gave in and bought Alternator Prime.

I've been trying to reconcile his existence alongside the other Alts/BTs.
    In one version in my head I incorporated the transcanning idea into my toys' storyline and made it so Prime had to go on a recon mission with the other bots and needed to pick a less-conspicous alt form (something a little less obtrusive than a GIANT SEMI TRUCK) that was both more agile and smaller than his normal form. SO, in my TF toy world, Alt Prime is the form Optimus assumed TEMPORARILY to go on a recon stealth mission alongside some of his smaller autobots. He can always go back to his normal form later.

In another version in my head, riding off of the idea of a "Battle Roller" (the fan made one made for MP Prime), I actually have Alt Prime fighting alongside with MP Prime in my battles as a sort of vamped up incarnation of ROLLER, which would explain why he is smaller but still resembles the core component MP Prime.

I have also been thinking about converting him to Ironhide, though it seems Skids would make a better Ironhide/Ratchet. I could turn him into Trailbreaker, but then I might as well get the Nemesis version for that. But honestly if I got Nemesis Alt Prime, I'd just keep him like that cuz he looks really cool as Nemesis Prime as a Dodge Ram already.

How do YOU RECONCILE Alt Prime with the rest of your Alt/BT line? Do you actually consider him leader of the Alts/BTs?

I wanna know.

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i don´t really, he's just there to complete the set lol

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    ^^THIS^^

But I do liek the Battle Roller idea.

Thanx
    Transbot9021

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Pretty easily. He's Optimus Prime and the others are the Autobots he leads. Crazy, I know.

5. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think he's saying he uses mp prime as prime but is now trying to find a spot for the alt prime he bought recently. I like the roller idea but I didnt think he would fit in the trailer...does he? thats the only way I could swing that. Maybe like a sentinel prime type character.

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Remember when G2 Octane Prime could exchange/tranfer his mind to his Gobot (Spychanger) version? Why can't MP-01/04 do the same thing with his Bin/Alt version?

At least that's the way I look at it. It works in my TF Universe. :D 

7. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i call him ginrai and the problems solved

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    This. It's who he was originally going to be in Japan, anyway.

9. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I made him into Ironhide, so problem solved for me. However before that I was thinking of calling him Orion Pax.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    This for me too. Prime is in the back corner of my Alt shelf behind everyone else where he should be.

11. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

I avoided this problem by not getting ALT/BT Prime. I will, however, have an equivalent problem with ALT/MP Grimlock. I'm thinking of calling ALT Grimlock "Downshift", though it's not really that good a fit.

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have two shelves of Alt Autobots. The figures I like the most are on one shelf led by MP Prime and the ones I don't like as much are on another shelf, led by Alt Prime.

I don't have a personal continuity for the Alt line, since I thought the BT story was stupid and haven't put much thought into how I'd construct a personal continuity for the Alts, so I haven't bothered to reconcile the two characters in terms of "story".

13. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

My Alt Prime sits with the rest of my Alts. MP Prime is on display elsewhere.

Personally I think Alt Prime's realistic vehicle mode and detailing actually fits better with the Alts than MP Prime's awesome yet much more cartoon-like aesthetic and vehicle mode.

14. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:

This.

15. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

I have Alt Prime and even KP Convoy, but Masterpiece Prime is THE Prime of my MP/Alt collection. I got Nemesis Prime when he was first available and immediately converted him to Trailbreaker. After swapping heads with Swindle, I did a little modification to the Nemesis Prime head and put it on Camshaft. I had planned to make my Alt Prime into Hoist but have never got around to a more difficult project like that. I've also thought about making him Ironhide since that would be easier.

16. aurascope

aurascope Kitbash Resource Indexer

Ebay:
    Seconded. He was supposed to be Ginrai in Japan.

17. Rodimal Magnus

Rodimal Magnus A Touch of Destiny

I don't. None of the Alternator Autobots are part of my Transformers Universe, only the Decepticons and they are are Harbingers of Unicron.

18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Although I don't have him, I'd honestly rather display him with my Alts as opposed to using MP Prime, since MP Prime is just so much different than the Alts from my point of view.

Plus, MP Prime would not fit on the shelf where I have my Alts.

19. Donocropolis

Donocropolis Well-Known Member

20. Vagabond Elf

Vagabond Elf Well-Known Member

I don't have MP Prime, so I just call Alt Prime the boss-man.

I do have MP Magnus, and I think it works since G1 Magnus was so much huger than everyone else.