How do you protect your figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Skywarp181, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey guys, i store my figures in my closet, what would be the best way to cover them up? should i wrap them in platic? would that mess them up or warp the boxes? i dont have time to dust them all the time..

2. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Airtight plastic bags and common sense when it comes to stacking them (no heavy objects on top).

I stored mine when I got deployed and they were in packed away for a few years - both loose and boxed figures. I put them all in airtight bags then stacked them into some Rubbermaid storage boxes. Good as new when I pulled them out. I would imagine any storage container would work, provided they aren't clear and in the sun.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  3. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I pack mine the same as above^^^. When I place them on my display shelf I keep them out of direct sunlight.

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I protect them with a revolver. Oh you meant in other ways. Yeah, I keep them out of direct sunlight, use plastic bins and keep most of them MISB. Also don't stack them too high in boxes or you will end up with crushed boxes.

5. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

I place the small weapons that have the same plastic coloring in snack size Ziploc bags. I try not to mix weapons and accessories that have contrasting colors just in case they rub against each other and leave scratch marks or stains on one another. I also separate any paperwork and techspecs into a separate snack size Ziploc. I then place the main figure in a separate appropriate sized Ziploc followed by including all bags in one large commulative Freezer sized Ziploc.

I try to minimize as much air contact as possible with these things and store them in a box in a closet that has consistent room temperature throughout the year.

6. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    I used to use ziplock-type bags, but now have most of my collection in those glad/ziplock-type 'dispoable' containers. Usuaully get the generic grocery store brand for pretty cheap. Larger or a few strangely shaped figures don't fit in any size/shape though.