How do you price your auctions?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Arkaynen, May 20, 2008.

1. Arkaynen

Arkaynen Active Member

I'm getting ready to sell off all my G1 duplicates on eBay, and I'm wondering how you guys price your auctions if the items are not graded.

I've looked at closed auctions for the TF's I'm selling and was thinking about gauging off of that, but am looking for some feedback.

2. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I just put 0.99 and let the market decide.

3. thecypher0

thecypher0 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If they're sealed, but more recent figured, I'll start around $5 or so to cover my fees etc, but on loose figures $.99

4. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

Normally put on 0.99 start and hope for the best.. cuts down the fee's too

if its something I really am not keen to sell cheaply I tend to put it at a higher start

but you could also try the for sale section here first ;) 

5. diablien

diablien Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    $.99 for me but sometimes the rare obscure stuff suffers immensely from this. Like my Brazil Bumble bee :'-(

6. Arkaynen

Arkaynen Active Member

Wow, really? $.99?

I've auctioned off other stuff on eBay, including more recent carded TF's, and I haven't listed them for anything less than what I would take for them. In most cases (like on the newer stuff) I list them at retail plus shipping, and they typically sell.

The trick for me on the G1 stuff is I have no "real" idea of value. I've got a value/price book, but I know those things can be pretty subjective. I was thinking about doing something like 25% of guide, but I don't know.

Also, does including the instructions, tech specs, tech spec decoder, and brochure add anything to value? What about robot points? Obviously they can't be redeemed, but you never know what someone might like to have, I guess.

7. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

For G1 stuff, you really can't lose by starting at .99 cents. That stuff sells itself. Just make sure and start the auction so that it ends at a decent time.

8. Arkaynen

Arkaynen Active Member

Good thought - what do you think is the best time to have the auctions end?

9. unicrons_hammer

unicrons_hammer Banned

if you think you have a pot of gold that will sell for high $$$ and are willing to do the 9 day auction...start it on a thursday nite and then you will get the coverage of two complete weekends to get those G1 fans tons of time to bid on that auction....sure it will cost extra (40 cents i think) but this is a guarantee to get top dollar on items....

10. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I always looked at closed auctions, assuming there were enough of the item I planned to sell, to get a good idea of it's value. This is a good way to determine a BIN price for those impulse buyers.

The only caveat for starting at $.99, is if it doesn't get high enough (around $2) you may lose money from eBay + Paypal fees and other overhead associated with an auction (time, materials, gas, etc).

11. Arkaynen

Arkaynen Active Member

Cool - I didn't know you could do a 9 day auction, I've always done 7 days.

12. Liqdeal

Liqdeal New Member

Ebay:
    I would recommend posting during the busy hours when buyers are home from work. Ideally after 7 PM PST. You may want to adjust your time a few hours ahead if you are in the EST to give the PST buyers a chance to bid on your auction. The slowest day from my experience to end an auction is usually Friday night.