How do you MISB/MOSC People deal with it!?!?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 13DINO, Sep 17, 2011.

1. 13DINO

13DINO Derpasaurus

News Credits:
    I have an extra MOSC Generations Wheeljack than I plan to sell in the future but I keep having urges to open it up, despite the fact that I already own Gen. Wheeljack and RTS Tracks.

How do you guys who collect this way deal with the whole "Must.... open.... TOY!!!"?

2. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I seriously don't know. I guess I cope by storing my MISB/MOSC stuff in Rubbermaid/Sterilite plastic bins, so out of sight, out of mind. I can't deny I have to fight the urge to tear open my minty fresh Classics figures but I have to remind myself that iGear might do it better with their PP line, so hold your horses! XD My MISB FP City Commander set that I'm trying to sell keeps calling me to open and keep it too despite the fact I'm not much of an Ultra Magnus fan, lol, but I still keep teetering back and forth on him.

3. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I lost that battle about 7-8 years ago when I got back into collecting....LOL.

I barely make it to the car in the parking lot before I start ripping cardboard.......

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Hahahah, well, I can usually make it home before that happens (especially given that I'm usually driving), but I honestly don't know how people can keep everything in the packaging unless they're doing so for mainly business reasons, in which case it doesn't seem all that comparable to people who buy em to play with or to display.

Like, I get that you can still see the figure through the packaging, but it just seems like going to Mcdonalds, ordering what loosely passes for food, and then not eating it.

5. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

Keep things in the package? LOL, yeah, doesn't happen.

6. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    /thread.
    But seriously,I always get the toys out of the package but if the box isn't that destroyed,I'll restore the box with tape.

7. mirage6530

mirage6530 Well-Known Member

well sometimes u just wait til u get the room lol

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

The trick is to get two of every toy you buy. They're exactly the same so no need to open both of them.

9. 13DINO

13DINO Derpasaurus

News Credits:
    Yeah I do have both toys. One MOSC and one loose to mess with. I was sooo close to opening the MOSC Wheeljack. Soooo close. But I dont wanna do it! X(

10. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    It's quite simple, the urge to keep them sealed is much greater than the urge to open them.

Personally I open most of the TFs I purchase, but most of those it takes me weeks if not months to get around to opening.

I did have the entire universe 1.0 line sealed, until I sold off 97% of them.

11. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The secret is to buy some things to open. Classics get opened, G1's and reissues stay sealed. Confortably locked in their cardboard/styrofoam/plastic coffins.

12. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I feel this way about it - if you keep a toy in the box, then you're basically denying it's purpose of existence.

I understand why a lot of people keep them sealed, and I honestly do not begrudge them. I just know that, if it were me, not a single box or card would be unopened. I recently came into a bunch of TFs that a friend never got around to opening, and asked me to list on eBay so she could make rent. Fortunately, I already owned most of them, but the urge to rip into WFC Megatron and Soundwave was strong. I had to keep them in the storage room just to forget that they were in the house.

Also, when they have to be stored (lack of display room and all), they take up a hell of a lot less space.

13. FCatCH76

FCatCH76 Autobot

95% of my collection is misb or mosc. They stay that way because I don't "play" with them. Certain figures will be displayed and later played with by my two boys. Otherwise, they stay in the box and I reminisce of the old days looking at them.

14. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hmm. You could always display one in alt mode and one in robot mode.

15. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    That'd work, except I'd probably hate constantly paying twice as much for shit as I usually do.

16. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Understandable. I was more trying to make a suggestion for the OP who has a need for another loose wj.

17. 13DINO

13DINO Derpasaurus

News Credits:
    But I already stated that I own Gen. WJ both sealed AND sealed. My problem is tryin to resist opening sealedjack.

18. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Honestly, I really don't know how you MISB guys beat the urge. I've got a Diaclone Raiden & a Microman Browning that were both MISB when I bought them - They're definitely not MISB now... :lol 

19. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Sealed and sealed? I thought you had one loose and one sealed. And i was making a suggestion of what you could do with it after you opened the other sealed one. If not then open one because its a great figure.

20. 13DINO

13DINO Derpasaurus

News Credits:
    Oops. Typo Fixed.
    Anyway before going to bed tonight (If I ever do lol) I think I would be bringing a knife with me. (Suicide Jokes aside, its a package opening knife).