Customs: How do you like to show your kitbashes?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Wreckgar, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I mean forum-wise. Do you like to post part by part or just the whole thing at once?

Personally i like showing the completed prodect with steps all at once. I like the surprise it gives. Telling people something and then going step by step takes away from the "awe" factor. Also, I'm paranoid and like to keep my ideas. Heh.

What about you guys?

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well, the two kitbashes that I've done, I posted both of them afterwards, but that was mainly cause I wanted to know that not only would it work, that I wouldnt' screw it all up before I showed it off :p 

Andy

3. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've only done minor stuff and for those it was easier to just do a final shot. There's wasn't enough for an in-progress shot since it was just some minor partswapping and spraying. I'd probably do that anyway though since I'm too lazy to take WIP shots.

4. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I'm too lazy to take pictures, while I'm working on something.I haven't really done much beyond basic bashes, anyway. The only one I've taken in progress pictures of has been my RM Prime, but that's something of an ongoing project, anyway.

5. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    I like to do final work pictured unless people really clammer for pics right away (my Alt Frenzy, for example). I do, however, like to tease some and show G1 likeness before showing my Alts.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I like working on a project and even talking to friends on-line on IM (feel free to IM me guys) about things I'm working on and them talking to me, building up excitement, and posting finished pics when I'm finished. Waiting until I have a finished piece(s) to show also motivates me to finish it quicker. :p 

I don't know about a lot of you guys, but I absolutely have a blast sharing my work with you guys on the boards! I love getting feedback (positive or negative, as long as it's constructive) and seeing how you guys respond. It really is special to me. :)  It's exciting to see when someone has posted a message to my work or another's new custom!

In terms of method, I create galleries of all of my work in my photobucket account and just link to the specific gallery. :) 

7. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I'm lazy, so I usually just post finished product pics. Even then, I take forever to get them photographed and available to you guys.

I try to make up for that by keeping a comprehensive (or as comprehensive as I can make it) record of how I did stuff. I post that stuff regularly in the Exhaustive Kitbasher's resource. I know it's not complete, but I feel it's a better service to new kitbashers than going "Hey, look at what I made. Okay, I'm done posting, goodbye."

8. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I think I've only posted two works in progess. Those would be Super-Con Primevil (before the extra paint apps) and the Revelation Saber (before painting the jet modes black).

Everything else has been finished: RiD Storm Shadow, Armada Victory Saber, One Winged Angel Gundam, and Chaos Gundam. The same goes for when I add paint apps, like on Energon Rodimus, Yellow Landfill, and others.

Speaking of which, I need to finish RiD Soundwave, but he's a bitch to get apart. Plus, he's at home and I'm in college.

9. Lobo

Lobo Well-Known Member

If I'm just doing a repaint, I'll just post the final product.

But when doing a reshell, I usually try and do some kind of WIP thread. Yeah, it might take out some of the "AWE" factor, but I think a lot of people are interested in the process. And hopefully the WIP info is helpful on your own project.

I myself like WIP threads and I'm usually still in awe when it's finished. Mark's MP Megatron for example.

10. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    I'm damn glad you post some WIP shots. Your Alt Grapple WIP is going to help me w/ my first reshell!

11. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Ditto for me!

12. Lobo

Lobo Well-Known Member

It's good to hear they help! :thumbs2: 

13. Superquad7

News Credits:
    They sure do man! Keep em comin'!

I'd just like to make a general statement regarding the nature of this thread: you guys are all an inspiration to me. I actively follow everyone who posts work here. Lobo, your work has always inspired me and you've been personally helpful to me concerning this artform. But just everyone in this section continues to inspire, from all TF generations. It's just cool to see everyone having so much fun and I have to say that I do! :D 

Ok, back to work . . . :thumb