Customs: How do you know when you are done?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by kneero, Feb 21, 2012.

1. kneero

kneero Well-Known Member

I have 5 projects in different stages of completion. I'm closest on waspinator, he just needs hands. The hands and forearms have gone through several revisions. Each time I have what I like I see something that makes me want to go in a different direction. Now, he is sitting on my bench for so long, that I want to reengineer his tail fins. That will be quite a bit more work. I'm just getting frustrated because he is so close that I just want to be done, but I know if I don't make him just how I want, I won't be happy. When is enough enough?

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I feel that if you start making multiple changes to something that's already done, that it's best to just start another project with revisions.

3. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I don't really consider any of my customs done. I'm always open to making more mods and/or paint applications.

4. Neekotron

Neekotron We're in Ratbat Country!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Usually when someone else says so. Artist are never happy, so it's usually a deadline of some sort. The joy of creation. :) 

5. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

I don't think you're ever really done with a custom, provided that it's one for your personal collection. Though if you're stuck with making multiple changes to what's already done, it's probably best to take a step back, take a break or work on another project, and then come back to it with a "renewed" vision or "refreshed" outlook, since being frustrated at a small problem over long periods of time can be quite maddening. (I should know.;) )

6. Shwiggie

Shwiggie Likeable dryskinned biped

Done = that point immediately before you haul off and chuck it out the window.

7. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Tell ya what- as soon as I actually finish something I'll let you know.