How do you keep your kids from playing with your toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Movebuster, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Movebuster

Movebuster Hiding True Intelligence

I've got a concern, and maybe I'm thinking too far ahead of myself, but I've been avoiding looking for love in my life because I'm concerned that it may lead to having kids, and those kids wont be able to resist playing with... and breaking in seconds... my Transformers. How can I make Toy collecting just a hobby and not a whole lifestyle choice? Don't you guy's do it?

2. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

beat them senseless so they know not to do it again.

No seriously, put them up high enough they cant play with them...a room they dont have access to, or if your lucky like I am my little girl just listens to me when i tell her no she puts the toy right down.

3. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I am expecting my first child with my wife in couple of months. For now I am keeping majority of the toys in cases and bins so as long my kid don't see it he won't be tempted to play with them. When he's older I plan to buy the TF designed for young kids. The blocky, easy to transform toys will keep him busy while I pla- er display my toys. :) 

I want to eventually get display cases so I can display toys but keep my kids from touching them. I will explain to my kid that those are daddy's hobby and are not toys to be played with.

4. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Armed guards, 50cal machine gun emplacemnts, rotweiller dogs and anti personal mines.

Just kidding, I donĀ“t have any kids...

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I keep a few odd spares and doubles to hand out. I generally wouldn't mind as long as they were really careful and didn't lose the bits, but I'd try to give them the spares first.

Then if there's one they really, really liked, I'd just get a second one for them. Toys are to be enjoyed, and I'd like to think if when I have a kid of my own they also become a fan and inherit my collection I'll have started them off right by sharing the guys with them from the start.

6. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

Oh as an added precaution ive learned that MOST of my Transformers look just fine without all the loose missles, rifles, handguns, swords, knives, ion blasters, null cannons, heat rays, ice rays etc etc.. so i keep them in storage lol.

7. MugenAutobot

MugenAutobot Well-Known Member

Tell them no, keep them out of reach. My daughter grabbed Barricade the other day and was driving him around and that was ok but then she started swinging him around so took him and gave her Hello Kitty and she forgot all about Barricade.

8. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

And your playing with toys are gonna break anyways!

9. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    Smack them with a rolled up newspaper and say "No" sternly and loudly.

10. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

thats dogs dude.

11. Rama Sha

Rama Sha Tosche Station Pimp

Ebay:
    When they are that small...there is little difference. In fact dogs are a little better behaved.

12. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

when I actually have a house, I plan on having a dedicated toy room (actually we decided it needed to be an entire furnished basement) that I'll be able to keep locked. I'd also start the little kid on the preschool-transformers, and then buy some for me and some for the kid. boy or girl ;) 

13. jokerswild

jokerswild Voice of Ashes

i thought the same way before i had my daughter.. now she's 1 year old and whatever toys of mine she wants to play with (as long as they're not of too much value) she can..

granted i just put them into car mode and she just crawls them on the floor.. i dont know after having kids i wasnt as anal with my toys as i used to be.. besides she only gets to play with classics or movie figs all the others are on high shelves or packed away in safe storage containers.

14. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    I dont want to be rude, but man, if you're avoiding looking for your love of your life because of your transformers, you need to realize they are just toys/collectibles dude

also, you can have a room you keep locked or something i dunno

15. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    if its that big a deal you can always not have kids :p  but seriously a display case with a lock is the way to go :thumb 

16. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    You could always get a vasectomy. They are reversible down the line if you change your mind.

I hope you get collection insurance and stuff, too, 'cause you never know, natural disasters could happen to your toys. Or theft. Or any number of things less or more destructive than a child who will play with them because they want to play with their Daddy.

--Moony

17. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

6 muticolerd highly intelagent monkeys who can turn their hannds into wepons.

18. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dido

Don't put your life on hold for a hobby! I don't have kids yet but I want to share the joy of my hobby with them. If I needed money and my collection was my collateral then I would give it up for them in a heartbeat. Now I working hard so I'll never be in that positon because I want my family to live comfortably. I'm a grad student and have sold items to provide funds so I could see my lady (long distance relationship).

I think having a a few doubles or items specifically for children and secure place to display the others would alleviate your concerns.

19. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    It's called parenting. You have to teach kids right and wrong as well as lay down the rules of the house. Simply make them "off-limits" with stern repercussions if they break the rule.

20. Movebuster

Movebuster Hiding True Intelligence

I also need to make more money, move out of this group home and into my own apartment, and be able to support kids and probably my wife. I'll always have people in my life telling me that I can't... If I tell employers I'm disabled, they tend to put me on a probationary period during which I'm not paid, then have me doing medically unsafe work untill I'm sick every day so they can fire me for not coming to work often enough, and move on to somebody else who's disabled. So I'm in no hurry.

It's just like I said... I'm getting way ahead of myself... but.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.