how do you handle it? (selling question)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MidnightBliss, Jun 15, 2012.

1. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

How do you handle it, as a seller, when QC issues happen? I am thinking of selling off some of my MOSC and MISB collection. I worry about QC issues. What do you do if the toy you sell, that is sealed, winds up being a dud?

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Just post pics for complete disclosure. If you notice any flaws yourself, point them out.

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I treat it as a "You bought it MISB. I'm only responsible for delivering a MISB figure, any defects with the opened figure aren't my problem because you altered the condition".

As a buyer, and a seller. Case in point, I bought a Telemocha Dinobot MISB with two lower biceps and I didn't even bother to tell the seller. Why? It's not his problem.

EDIT: I'm not that way about businesses, though. They have policies in place. But anyone selling a one-off out of their collection on the boards? Shit happens.

4. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

No refunds :lol 

5. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM 1989 Turbo Trans AM

Be honest.

If its in the package and looks good as far as u know it is.

If its open or loose, call it like it is.

I have had good luck with lots of folks on this board. If they want more pics tell them ASAP or, tell them u cant till next week cause your working.

I have to tell them im working frequently, 12 hrs shifts 7 days in a row plus a day to nite shift change messes u up for a week.

Be honest and communicate basically

6. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Sell?

What's wrong with you?

7. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, it not your fault if the item is MISB. I've bought a couple of duds in the past and I don't blame the seller. As the others have said, make full disclosure and say no refunds.

8. RatTrap1985

RatTrap1985 Under your rolls of fat

Just try to be as honest as possible. I've bought sealed stuff that I later opened and it broke out of package. I didn't blame the seller, bad stuff just happens sometimes.

9. MidnightBliss

This is what I felt myself. I just wanted some other ideas. I'm not out to get people. My feedback proves it. Thanks for the replies.

10. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I'm going through this right now actually. I sold a MISB Alternators Rodimus, and the buyer is claiming it was broken at the door once he opened it.

He e-mailed me asking how I was going to fix the problem.

I'm sure eBay will side with him since they always side with the buyer, but my stance was that I sold him a MISB figure. If he returns a MISB figure, I have no problem refunding his money, but at this point, since it's open, and I can't technically tell when the breakage occured, and thus can't do anything.

Hopefully eBay stands by me in this instance, but I doubt it. I did list the item saying no refunds and item sold as-is with a picture, but we will see in the coming days...

11. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    My FE Optimus's backpack was molded wrong so that his truck doesnt fit together properly. I didn't tell the seller because it wasn't his fault: he just sold me a boxed figure.

...It's still pretty devastating, though!

12. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

I had a carded figure crammed in my mailbox when the envelope was clearly stamped fragile, do not bend, and handle with care. Not the seller's fault and as far as I can tell no damage was done to the figure, otherwise I would have made an issue with the post office. I didn't want to raise an issue where the answer I'd get was "it's not broken "... sigh lesson learned

13. MidnightBliss

This is why I won't sell with Ebay. I would rather deal with the Members at TFW.

14. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Me too...but sometimes things don't sell quick enough here...hahaha

15. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    It's all about opportunity cost. I'm going to have to sit on things longer by selling them on the boards, and I'll probably get less money for them when they sell, but I'll have better quality buyers and fewer headaches.

Sellers on ebay end up getting more money and faster sales (and more fees) but more headaches.

It all depends on where the value is.

16. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    If misb. If they open it their fault.
    If mib or under point it out.

17. spinister

spinister Banned

if its a factory sealed toy...my understanding is that you are not responsible for any defects if the condition is stated as new not opened in the item specific fields in the auction once the customer pops that box or card open then it is no longer new and thus ....

18. Salty

Salty Fritobot

It's been said but I'll pile on as well. Full disclosure. If the item is MISB with no visual defect or issue it's on the buyer if they open it and there's a problem.

Loose, you detail everything in your sales thread so the buyer has all the info. This reduces blowback and BS down to nothing.

19. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    You can't be held responsible for manufacturer defects when item's MISB. You really don't have to do anything. If they don't want it and you accept refunds, they can return at there own expense and you just refund what they payed.