how do you guys feel about the transformer cross over toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by nobleboivin, Oct 7, 2012.

1. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How do you guys feel about the transformer cross over toys like the star wars transformers. Do you include them in your personal canon

2. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    I don't care for them...IT's one of those thing where if it's there then it's there. Do I hate them? No not all, I just don't find any appeal to them what so ever.

3. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    I tried to like the Star Wars Crossovers. I really did. But the proportions on the Star Wars robots were always so awkward and the robotic hair on characters like Anakin Skywalker and Han Solo just bothered me. A Boba Fett Transformer should have been one of the coolest toys ever and they made a mess of it. I think the Marvel Crossovers were much better even though that line still had some clunkers. (Motorcycle Spider-Man for example) Venom and Hulk are pretty awesome. l wish Hasbro would have kept going with that line instead of the Star Wars Transformers. I'm kind of surprised people are actually buying them after all these years. I guess I shouldn't underestimate the fans' love for Star Wars.

4. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they made the crossover that the fans want, and the one that makes to most logical sense..... GI Joe, then I would like them. Otherwise, it seems most don't care for them.

5. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the only ones i really had any interest in were the venom, hulk and maybe the iron man ones. that thor is pretty ridiculous looking.

6. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

The ones I got were fairly low quality so I did not like them. However, the Thing (car version) gave me fairly articulated hands that I used for my Superion.

7. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

Ironman transformers looks cool but I wouldn't buy one

8. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think the GI Joe - Transformers crossovers make the most sense, especially given the crossover comics, and the pseudo-crossover cartoon (Cobra Commander appearing as "Snake" in the 3rd season of G1). I've liked the two SDCC Gi Joe/TF crossovers.

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'm not much of a fan. Apart from changing from a robot into a vehicle Transformers generally get shafted in the crossover deal with no actual Transformers characters making an appearance.

10. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I don't care for the Star Wars and Marvel Crossovers. They don't scream Transformers to me. I mean they transform and all but they don't look like TFs to me. I don't hate them or anything, but they aren't my thing. I do think the recent Captain America TF was really cool, but I didn't want to get into another thing. I have enjoyed and own the GI Joe crossovers, I love the Starscream and Shockwave.

11. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    I don't have any experience with the Star Wars or Marvel Crossovers. I've only got experience with one crossover they've done... the Animorphs.

Yeah, I think you can guess that I'm not exactly a fan.

12. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    That's like judging all hookers after only going to a one-legged $5 granny one in a dirty alleyway. :p 

I do own some Star Wars TF, but only because I find them dirt cheap at car boot sales. Even then I can't say I was that impressed. I also bought a Hunk tank one because it looked nice.

13. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Don't buy them. I might if it was transformer characters in vehicle from the other franchise.

14. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

The Star Wars Transformers are terrible.I bought a few of them,and the quality is crap so I sold all of them.

I have a bunch of the Marvel ones and there are a few cool ones,plus the quality is much better.

15. Cyberseven

Cyberseven Seeker

Not a fan of them. They are nice though.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

They just don't appeal to me. The robot modes just look horrible and turning into something like a Luke Skywalker mech or Thor mech just doesn't make them seem like Transformers. To me Transformers are robots from Cybertron not Iron Man armor that can turn into a car.

I loved the crossover comic books but until they can do something like an X-Wing that turns into Jetfire then the toys just aren't for me.

17. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Indeed. Sure they may have a 'Transfomers' banner on the packaging, but to me they're just transforming robot toys, not actual Transformers figures.

18. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    the engineering was better with the marvel ones mostly. And I enjoyed marvel crossovers because of how much more freedom they had without Movie actor faces and licensed space ships to sculpt. Instead comic book heroes with vehicle modes that fit with the kind of insane gravitas of the Transformers universe.

Transformations were a little shakey. Like the whole crossovers line was a Transformers designer learning experience for someone not normally making converting toys and gaining ground with each release.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  19. Flexx Ark

Flexx Ark Cyberverse Completionist

News Credits:
    I'm not a fan overall but I did use the smaller TF Obi-Wan as my Alpha Trion for my Cyberverse set. I do want a small Darth Vader mold. These figures actual sacrifice the robot modes for the great vehicle molds. I normally don't collect for vehicle modes.

20. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    That's another aspect of the SW/TF line I kinda dislike. I think that even if the vehicles did transform into actual Transformers characters they'd still get the shaft just so the SW vehicles remained as accurate as possible. I think that would annoy me even more if a really accurate SW vehicle turned into a shitty attempt at an actual TF character where it was just some malformed robot crap with an Optimus head shoved on.

I think if you're going to have a Transformers crossover line then there has to be a fair and equal amount of attention and effort shown to both the franchises involved. Making a Star Wars vehicle that turns into a robot of a Star Wars character has nothing worthwhile to do with Transformers. Just having something from another franchise changing from vehicle to robot isn't a Transformers crossover as far as I'm concerned as it doesn't have any connection at all to Transformers characters and that's what a TF crossover should always include.