How do you fix loose wings on the Classics Seeker mold?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by chrisr291, Jan 7, 2010.

1. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just received Henkei Skywarp in the mail and Thundercracker is on the way. The nail Polish worked great on Skywarp's legs! However, the only problem left with this figure are the loose wings. Now they are not super loose but the wing flapping is annoying.

Sorry to make a topic about this but I don't have any cheap seekers to practice on. Thanks!

2. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I would suggest clear sell-o-tape. Two or three layers should do the trick and depending on the number of wings loose cut the appropriate number of small pieces. Also you will have to take a look what joint is actualy loose, the one that connects the wing to the swiveling bar or the bar to the body. Depending on that you will have to look for a place where to apply tape pieces, so they will not be prominent too much. Also, depending on the place where you will apply the tape, is the size of the tape pieces you will use.

I used one layer of white masking tape (it has a rough surface so one was enough, and since TC and SW have colored bodies, I suggest clear tape) on my universe Starscream, and put it on the body where it's not noticable.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Exactly how much do you intend on playing with/transforming these figures? Because if the problem isn't as bad, like you claim, then there's little point in trying to do too much to fix something that ultimately stands on a shelf.

4. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I also utilized the sticky tape for my Henkei Thundercracker - the glue is weak enough not to hurt the plastic, and it's less permanent than clear nail polish. I put the tape inside the holes instead of wrapping it around the pegs, though. It was a bit tricky, but I managed, and it's good enough for display purposes (I am not going to play with $60 Deluxe toys, particularly after I noticed that a small piece of plastic spontaneously chipped off my Hasbro Skywarp, and I only transformed him a dozen times).

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not going to play with them, they are just going to look awesome for a number of years on my shelf. Maybe i'll try the tape. I just wanted to know if you can pop the wings off?

6. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Sammael's post holds the answer. See:

7. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Is he talking about the wings though? Because it doesn't sound like it.

And no, the wings don't pop off. Or at least I've never tried popping them off. Don't want to risk damaging either that soft plastic part, or the peg-ish part of the wing.