How do you fix "disc-rotating" joints?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TornadoQuakeX, Sep 16, 2010.

1. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

You know, the joints that let arms or legs rotate, where one part is like a disc and slides into the other part of the leg or arm. They are mostly found on deluxes, and some scouts, since the TFTM/ROTF toy lines.

You see, both my Generations Soundwave and Darkmount both suffer from poor quality joints and their appendages keep falling off. When I try to rotate Soundwave's right arm, or Darkmount's left leg, they pop right out of the joint. How do you repair these types or joints, so they don't come apart?

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I don't think there is a fix for that. They're kind of designed to do that. Just be more careful while you're posing them.

3. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

it's not a minus,it's a plus,so there's no need to fix these joints.

4. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    How so?

5. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    they are designed that way so dumbass kids do not break a limb off and leave a jagged edge upon which to stab someone with....

6. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Yeah, well, I'm not a dumbass kid and I want my figures to be perfect. I've got to find a way to fix this. I just discovered it's also happening to my Terradive's left fist!

7. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    did not imply that you were...i prefer ratcheting or click joints myself...all the joints for posing suck when they get loose and the robot is a floppy mess....i have had new transformers come right out of the package like that lately...the new barricade and tailwhip new out of box...crappy floppy messes...

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's "comes apart when an unusual amount of force is applied", and there's "works loose every time the joint is turned in a supposedly normal way". One is acceptable. The other is less acceptable, varying from person to person.

9. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

Only fix I can think of is putting slight dabs of superglue or two-part epoxy on the outer edges of the socket. Think of it as making a more curved-in C shape out of the socket to keep the disc from rotating out. Like curling two fingers around it. Two-part is probably best in that it can be thick and pliable during application, where superglue is too watery to "form" into anything. But you'd also have to paint it (it's usually gray or yellowish).

Sorry. All I got.

10. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I use clear nail polish. It usually helps with any of those joint issues. In fact I need to put a dab on the TFCC Breakaway's right shoulder. I got him in yesterday and it's loose as hell.