How do you feel about...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Atlas42, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Atlas42

Atlas42 Banned

Transformers having robot children/ babies? Is this too human? For example, TFA Bumblebee seemed much like a child and his human form was quite young, and in the movie series, there are the Hatchlings, which are like babies.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Oh golly! Another thread like this!:lol  Not going to be suprised where this will lead!:lol 

Anyway back on topic,it's true that the movie verse have hatchlings whixh are basiclly children but that maybe due to the Allsparks and the Well of Allspark's power rather then having simply a male and female robot coming together. On the other hand since Transformers aren't just robots but also orginisms there's a chance that should the Allspark's power dies out a reproduction mechanisim inside them kicks in so they could have children/protoforms/hatchlings like humans and organics do since they have a bit of the Allsparks power in them.

I think I should leave now for having put sick thoughts inside people's minds with that explanation!:lol 

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I prefer the concept of Hatchlings being a bit like insects [like ROTF showed us], they are grown on small "cocoons" of Energon, they are weird small creatures that always hunger.

I don't like when there's an actual intercourse between male and female involved, I think they should only to mentor him, his actual creation should be like that, it is less human-like and better for me.

4. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    They should not have kids the exact same way as humans. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, i literally laughed out loud in morning traffic clicking the link.

Somebody explain to the OP about turbobirds and petrobees! "when robot daddy loves robot mommy very, very much..."

6. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to go with this answer.

7. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Don't forget budding in G2.

8. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I'd rather leave that forgotten.

To be honest, I don't really mind it.

9. Spin-Out

Spin-Out "It's just... Asinine."

I'm disinclined to concur with your statement.

Means "no."

10. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Um, wasn't this topic JUST made and locked?

To reiterate what I said there, I would give them the ability to reproduce but it would be by a mingling of sparks and then placing the new spark into a protoform.

But what the fiction has now is passable.

11. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    This is what I was going to say.

12. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

Only if it's by an assembly line. I don't even like the concept of true gender in TFs. Now if a personality program mimics our idea of a male/female archetype, I'm good with it. I don't need tits on a robot, at all.

The one thing Gobots did better than TFs was the handling of gender.

13. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Dude the franchise has broken MANY laws of physics and logic out of the window compleatly out of the window and the one thing you're concerned about is how Transformers have gender at all?!? Talk about overthinking.

Why does it need to have an explanation? Seriously why? Why can't we accept the fact that they are also aliens with hints of possible organic aspects as well as robots? They wern't built on Earth which means they can also be a way of gender and do more increadible things! It's not like the TF were Earthborn at all! Am I the only one here who doesn't have a problem with TF having gender AT ALL?!?!:sly:  I mean Bionicle has gander that wasn't explanied or had the need to think if they need to reproduce and people never went overboard with thinking about it!!!!!!

14. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    What this guy said.

15. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I'm OK with any form of TF reproduction.

16. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

This reminded me of a very controversial question the great philosopher Kavya once asked:

"How is babby formed? How girl get pragnent?"

17. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Just go to Fanfiction.net. I'm sure the writers there would be more than happy to fill you in on the details.

18. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

It's because the people who designed my toaster didn't include a penis or vagina so they could reproduce, nor would the entity that created the Cybertronians. Not to mention the fact that gestation is a totally biological process, and to date there has been no way found to "grow" metal, especially something like a Cybertronian. If they can be born in that fashion, then how do they grow from child to adult? If they are born adult, that may explain why there are very few female TFs anymore.

Seriously, not everything has to be fucking humanized.

19. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

There are many things nature knows that we don't. Just because we don't know how to grow metals, it doesn't mean nature doesn't. And to add to that, an alien nature.

Also, we may learn to grow metal in the future. There was a time called the Modern Era when people thought they new everything. We have advanced since then and this day and age is sometimes known as the Post Modern Era. That sounds stupid and it's all because a bunch of ignorant scientist thought they new everything.

If you dislike the idea of metallic beings with gender, that's fine by me. I just wanted to point all this out. But there could be anything in the universe so I hope for your sake it doesn't include metallic beings (joking).

20. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Forget FF.net, tell him to go look up some Rule 34.