How do you feel about the Twins now?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobot_Wall-E, May 25, 2009.

?

How do you feel about the Twins now?

Poll closed Jun 25, 2009.
  1. Love Them

43 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Like Them

78 vote(s)
    40.2%
  3. Neutral

35 vote(s)
    18.0%
  4. Hate Them

25 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Sideswipe and Sunstreaker!!!!

13 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Mini-Bot

Mini-Bot Blackout Fan Girl

I really don't like them all that much, but they may win me over in the end. I tend to start out not liking something, and then all of a sudden it'll be my favorite thing ever. Movie Megs is a prime example of this.

2. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I hate them. I hated them at first. I hated them a month ago. And I hate them to this day. When Star Wars ep.1 came out, I had said to a friend that I'd be willing to become George Lucas' personal servant for life if I could have a small role in ep.2 where I'd run in, cut JarJar's head off, then be killed by a jedi. I'd like to officially make the same offer to Micheal Bay about the twins.

3. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    Im deff likin the twins!! i did before but do more now!! voices are perfect for em!! glad tom kenny got brought aboard!!

4. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Lol where's Bumblebot. He is probably the biggest Herp and Derp fan on the boards.

5. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Seems a slightly over the top response to someone prefering Sunstreaker and Sideswip eover the movie twins. Whats so bad about that? I actually didnt vote for Sunstreaker and Sideswipe buit whats the hate towards people who do?

I am stupidcist I'll happily admit that lol.

6. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Same here.

I liked their look (I will freely admit that their faces look like someone took a bat to them, Skids more than Mudflap) and I wasn't proclaiming the apocalypse when I heard how they'd be characterized. I'll see how well they perform in the movie, but they're alright for now.

7. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Ok.

Now, I'll show you my problem.

Instead of making a logical argument about how they fit, you say that the style of Bayformers and the twins are "dumb and juvenile", insinuating that the entire style of Bayformers is "dumb and juvenile". Why not say that you feel that they're a little degrading? Or that the faces should be more-traditional-looking? Instead you say:
    There's my point.

Nope. You're not. If you WERE neutral, then you would say "I'm neutral", and stop right there, instead of calling them and Bayformers by association, "dumb and juvenile".

8. Walley1701

Walley1701 Member

Cool

When I first saw the twins I was like WTF?! and then when i saw more and more of them I started to come around. And Tom Kenny

Attached Files:

9. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

You took that way out of context dude... but please no arguing and stay on topic!

10. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    I'll have to say I'm feeling on the agreeable side of neutral. I wasn't hugely jazzed about the designs when I first saw them, either in toy or movie form, but the thing I've found about most of the movie stuff is that until I've seen them in motion, I may as well not have seen them at all. Roll forward a few weeks to the trailers and video reviews, and lo and behold, I suddenly like them a whole lot more. Skids is my favourite so far for his solid-looking toy and awesome Tom Kenny voice, but again, that's probably just because I've seen more of him; Mudflap hasn't really registered for me yet, but I'm eager to see and hear more, especially in terms of his voice.

Of course, there's always the chance that I'll see the film and end up not linking them all over again, but I feel fairly confident that at very least I'm not going to hate them as much as I feared I might, so that's something. :p 

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's because they were born from a split protoform that received two sparks at once and divided into two... "half-assed" robots according to the movie guide.

12. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, where was it confirmed that Bumper Robinson and Tom Kenny are voicing the Twins?

13. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

Skids, an obscure Autobot or Minicon that had a two second non-speaking cameo in both animated series, plus a cool Alternators toy that I passed up because I know virtually nothing about the character.

Mudflap, an even more obscure Decepticon from Transformers Cybertron / Galaxy Force that I know even less of, probably because I stopped watching the show after 9 or 10 episodes.

Needless to say, I voted for Sideswipe and Sunstreaker because at least I know who they are plus their numerous incarnations.

Hell, I would have even voted for Buster and Hydra from Masterforce, or at least their American counterparts Dreadwind and Darkwing, since I know more about them then either Skids or Mudflap.

Haven't kept up with ROTF news, so asides from Sideswipe, Soundwave, and the Constructicons, and Ravage, I've got no idea as to the story, other new characters, etc.
    From this tidbit, it doesn't surprise me that twins in the Bay universe means anything other than 'swipe and 'streaker.

With that knowledge secured, perhaps I should've gone and voted "neutral".

14. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I love the Twins. In fact, they remind me of my younger brothers. One is the smarter of the two who won't shut up, and leads the other around (Skids). Then, my other brother is mudflap-esque in that he is dopey but loveable.

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    You DO know that Skids and Mudflap aren't based on any previous transformer, right?

16. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, characters like Skids, Mudflap, Jolt, and even Sideswipe were probably designed and characterized before being named. But Skids and Mudflap goe well together as names alone.

17. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

I've only seen pictures of them so far. And so far I'm afraid to go see the movie because of them. I have a bad feeling they're going to ruin the movie for me.

18. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

yeah, that's why I was pondering changing my vote to neutral. I mean, 2007 Barricade is nothing compared to his obscure G1 Micromaster counterpart, but I generally prefer the concept of 2007 Barricade and character over the 1980s version.

However, from the quick glance I took of Skids and Mudflap, I get this weird feeling of "what if we made Johnny 5 from Short Circuit into a Transformer?" I mean, that's my first impression from the head shots. The first thing that jars out at me are the eyes.

I don't know if anyone else has gotten that. Maybe it's just me.

19. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

im so glad they didnt give them hick voices. they just sound like 2 kids. perfect. i sat and thought "how would i voice them" and its about the same

20. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think people expected Sideswipe to be more G1ish because Optimus, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Jazz and Ironhide, Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave and Brawl all seem to be based on their G1 personalities. But of course not being red or having a twin doesnt mean he wont have the same type of personality as he did in G1.
    I think red would have looked nice though lol.