How do you feel about the roster so far?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me I think its ok. I'm glad Sideswipe is confirmed. But I'm disappointed that Shockwave is only playable for online, no confirmation of Jazz, I know we saw the custom character that's not really confirmation, no Prowl, and No Grimlock who is confirmed for the DS version only. Things like this to me make the roster not feel complete and lacking.

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    It will only be complete if it has every G1 character ever.

Why is it, no-one is ever happy, they always want more?

Give me 5 characters, I don't care who and as long as they transform I will be happy. So I'm very happy about the roster as there seems to be more than I would possibly want.

3. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I'm cool with the roster as is. Would've loved Shockwave to have been on the game but what can you do? Can't have it all.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I would honestly like some BW or more UT inspired characters, even if they don't share the same names or alt-modes, homage is never a bad thing.

Because it's natural for people to see past what they have, and see only what they don't.

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, the pics that were leaked a little while back had a few surprises, so I wouldn't be too surprised if the game does too. Just because Shockwave isn't playable doesn't mean he isn't part of the story ;)  He may not be in the form you'd like him to be, but he may still have a part to play.

I'm happy everyone isn't been packed into this game, putting fewer characters in the game gives those in the game the oppertunity to develope into characters beyond the cartoon/comics. I will miss a lot of favorites, but assuming this game is great and sales well, a sequel will soon follow with much, much more.

6. fastballspecial

fastballspecial SAY SOMETHIN'!

News Credits:
    Grimlock wouldn't make sense to me in the game, as far as story goes, if this happens before G1 in the Transformers timeline. Prowl would be great though. :) 

7. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    Even with Demolisher and Shockwave being multi-player exclusive, I'm very happy with the roster so far. I was initially worried that the roster of characters on both sides, Autobot and Decepticon, would be much smaller. But High Moon packed in a lot of great characters, many of which known mostly to us the fandom, AND they still haven't completely revealed the whole lineup yet. Plus we don't know what High Moon might do post-release. So everyone get this game, because if it's successful enough we might just get even more characters down the line.

8. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    I like the official roster so far and hope they have more for us to be shown in the future before release. That said, there are a few more Bots and Cons i'd like to see in the game just like everyone else but i have a feeling that even if whoever we want doesn't appear right away at launch, it's a safe bet they'll release more charaters down the line as DLC to try and keep thing's fresh. :thumb :
    Here's a question though ... on the official site, where the factions are why does it say Autobot/Decepticon/ followed by two "Coming Soon"/s?
    Are there supposed to be more factions in this game? (Didn't want to start another thread for this little question)

9. SwindlesShop

SwindlesShop Kenny Power's drug dealer

News Credits:
    just hope Prowl and Swindle are in it :( 

10. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

I just hope Jazz is in their somewhere, As well as Bonecrusher, I really like Him for some reason.

11. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I like it. I REALLY like it. I hope there are still some surprises to go, but I am pleased with character choices so far.

12. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure Jazz is in the game, if you go on the website and you put your cursor over the preorder option you see him in front of Shockwave. As for the roster, I like most of the choices so far, Breakdown was a real nice surprise.

13. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

I think it is pretty cool, The DS version gets 15 characters per a game! And 11 of them are exclusive to the DS, So I'm pretty satisfied with the roster.

14. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the thing, the DS version will probably have more characters and a better roster. I wish they would share the same roster.

15. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I'm happy with it. Screamer and Optimus are in, so I'm good.

I do not like G1 Dinobot characters represented with non-dinosaur alt modes, but whatever.

16. DinobotGrimlock

DinobotGrimlock Well-Known Member

I think that is Jazz too and it worries me that he might be only a pre-order exclusive. I love Grimlock and the dinobots but I don't want to see them in this game I like them best as dinosaurs. Who all is confirmed? I thought I heard Warpath was because he is an autobot tank.

17. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think it's great. I'm thankful for the ones that are in, and I don't dwell on the ones that aren't. Bottle half full, ya know?

18. SpikeWitwicky

SpikeWitwicky Well-Known Member

i think for who's in it its lookin great, just seeing Prime with that big axe

19. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I think the roster so far is pretty good!

20. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

According to this picture, I think there will be nine playables per side in the PS3/360/PC version.
    [​IMG]

But i cant figure out who those decepticons are, i just see Megatorn, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Breakdown and Soundwave.