How do you feel about the Original Thirteen?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Karhukjnsi, Aug 9, 2011.

?

How do you feel about the Original Thirteen?

1. I love 'em!

32 vote(s)
    25.4%
  2. Let's find out more before I make my mind.

52 vote(s)
    41.3%
  3. I'm indifferent.

27 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. I'm against the concept.

15 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Thirteen original Transformers - Transformers Wiki
    [​IMG]

1. Prima - The first Cybertronian, the first Prime, Keeper of the Star Saber (the hilt, of which, the "Matrix of Leadership" came from), the "Warrior of Light"
    2. Vector Prime - Guardian of Time and Space, Keeper of Rhisling, inspiration for the Autobot insignia
    3. Solus Prime - Blacksmith, the first "Female"
    4. The Liege Maximo - Ultimate evil counterforce to good, ancestor to many who would become "Decepticons; Lawful Evil
    5. Nexus Prime - Guardian of Rarified Energon, Protector of the Star Saber, the first "Combiner"
    6. ???
    7. ??? Prime
    8. ???
    9. Alpha Trion - Keeper of the Quill, Author of the "Covenant of Primus"
    10. ???
    11. ??? Prime
    12. ???
    13. Megatronus "The Fallen" Prime - Guardian of Entropy, Betrayer of Primus and his bretheren, the first "Herald of Unicron", "Warrior of Darkness", inspiration for/of the Decepticon: insignia, movement and founder; Chaotic Evil

Of the Original Thirteen there are only Seven Primes (one of which maybe being "Primal"). One turns into a beast, while another is a Minicon. They are the first children of Primus: from them, the entirety of Cybertronian evolution is molded. They are the archetypes and main influences in every Transformers Universe (even if retconned in). No doubt their inclusion adds a sense of mystic/religious tones within their respective universes.

How do you feel about the existence of the Thirteen in the Transformers Multiverse? Would you like to see anything added/removed? Speculations on (other) members?

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd like to see more before I make an opinion

3. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

To many Primes these days.

4. emilyhall205

emilyhall205 Well-Known Member

I like the idea of the Original Thirteen, but I think I might need to find out more before I properly decide.

5. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    They all owe me money so right now i feel a bit upset to them. ^^
    But for real: i really like the whole mythos of the 13, we got a bit glimpse with Fallen in the WW comics and Vector Prime with GF. And i do hope TFP explore that matter even more. ;) 

6. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The thing I've always said about the thirteen is that I like the basic concept of a group of legendary progenitors for the TF race, but that I felt they should have always remained how they started out - mysterious, anonymous, lost to history, an oft-referenced but utterly unknown forgotten piece of the past. I'm not so big on the apparent desire to flesh out and identify the whole group. It takes away from their transdimensional mystique, makes 'em individuals instead of legends.

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I absolutely loved the concept art I saw at Botcon 2010. Story, toys, we'll have to wait and see.

8. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree.

9. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    This. I like the idea of being Prime particular to Optimus, or Rodimus.

10. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon Clods.

I think they're a pretty cool idea, and I'm enthused by Hasbro's apparent desire these days to expand upon them...but at the same time, I wish they'd stop sidestepping the matter so much and just tell us the good stuff already; they've been less than forthcoming about a lot of it, especially in terms of the designs that no one outside of Botcon ever got to see. If it weren't for Exiles promising to expand on Vector, Nexus, and Solus Prime in the near future, my patience would be wearing pretty thin by now.

11. Autobot_Hiphop

Autobot_Hiphop Well-Known Member

I don't mind the 13 primes because I thought having The Fallen be #13 was a cool concept.

That being said I don't need to learn every Prime's name, background, cybertronian social security code, etc.

12. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    you forget that Hasbro is making up the thirteen as they go, so they might not know all of the thirteen themselves.

I personally love the idea of the Original Thirteen. Ever since I heard of them, it always kind of reminded me of Jesus and the Apostles. Prima is to epitome of good and light, so he's kinda like Jesus, and Megatronus Prime is like Judas, betrayer of the group. I don't want to bring religion into this discussion, but just wanted to say what it made me think of.

13. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    All the tidbits of info. we've been getting has developed my curiosity about the 13. I'd like to know more about them and the stories surrounding them. I'm liking the idea of Solus Prime being the first female Cybertronian.

14. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Since the concept hasn't been featured in the original cartoon, Beast Wars/Machines, or Prime, I don't know enough about it to comment. Sounds kinda stupid. But I can get behind any concept if done properly.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Awesome.

Vector Prime rules.
    The Fallen not so much.
    Alpha Trion didn't do much yet but he created Optimus Prime.
    Don't know much about the rest aside from names.

16. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Original 13 is a GIJOE thing, not Transformers.

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    :lol  I've heard it pre-GI Joe as well...

18. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Maybe 'Original Thirteen' actually refers to the thirteen different places that name has been heard over the years. Transformers and GI Joe are two. Now give me the other eleven 'Original Thirteen'. :p 

As for the topic. I've never been into this 'Thirteen' thing. Sometimes I wish we could go back to the simpler TF days when there was none of this backstory origin stuff that needed explaining.

19. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    So, like the first four issues of the comic?

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I mean we didn't really get anything concrete revealed about the origins of TF and Primus and whatnot until issue 150 (of the UK comic) and I enjoyed TF perfectly fine before then without knowing any of that.
    I just feel these days people are too desperate for the backstory and origins to stuff.