How do you feel about the military's presence in the final battle? *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Fonecrusher, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Or apparent lack of, to be precise? According to the latest article in Empire (credit to Knook)
    Now look this could just be an attempt by Bay to throw us off the trail but assuming it's true, looks like the shootout in Chicago will mostly be, aside from the rumoured NEST party who drop in, a big robot battle royale that I know some people have been clamoring for, your thoughts?

Me personally I thought the military presence in the first movie was justified and handled well, maybe it was a bit over done in the 2nd. But I think this is a fitting way to end it. It's the last movie (at least for awhile) and it should come down to the essential clash at the heart of Transformers: Bots vs Cons... Then again I could see why some people would want the military heavily involved as well, hey it's pretty much a potential Armageddon for the human race we should have some say in it I guess. But ultimately as a Transformers fan I'm glad there will be some serious robot on robot face ripping action in the final conflict.

That's not to say Humans won't play a pivotal part in the finale I'm sure Sam and/or Lennox and his team will do something important in the final moments, as they have in the past movies, but if it's true I'm glad they've toned down the presence of the military overall for DOTM to focus more on the robots.

Also I know Chicago might not be the final battle, but it's hard to see how humans could help fighting on the moon (if that's where it really does conclude).:eek: 

2. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    I dont mind the military involvement, i just dont want them hogging up every battle scene. i hope what that magazine said is right.

"No army for this, Chicago is left up to the 'Bots but some heroes sneak in through the back-door so to speak"

but it says just chicago, i wonder what happens to the other cities. maybe autobots split up?

Exactly!!!

3. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    i like the army involvment but, i thought they intruded a little to much in rotf

4. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I'm past giving a shit what they do with all their Pentagon support, but I just wish it would tie in together more.

Imagine how cooler it would have been that B1-Lancer bomber that dropped that nice big fuel air explosive had then transformed and identified himself as Silverbolt, and yelled at the Cons "That was for Kaon slums you monsters!" and started shooting.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Lack of military presence in the final battle? Lulz. I'll believe it when I see it.

6. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

These are Transformers movies not promos for the Government's tirade.

7. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    we'll just have to wait & see how big the military presence really is in DOTM, but there is this:

YouTube - Transformers 3 Filming: Strykers Roll In

8. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I'm fine with a military presence, I like the NEST team, so even if it's just them lending a hand to the 'Bots, then I'm cool with it.

9. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

Yes, I'm very much on board with human military involvement, just as long as it's portrayed as next to insignificant as it surely would be.

I also dont believe Bay when he says the military involvement will be small. He has a hard on for the military, which is fine, but we'll see a lot more than a few paratroopers and Epps and his silly vocabulary.

By all means send an armoured division into Chicago but then have the cons smash it to bits in short order.

10. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    I'd like the military to be scared and worry they won't be able to do shit against the Cons. this time.:ev: 

11. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    What about the Cole-Train vs Starscream?

12. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

100% agree with this

13. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    again though ti was stated the military/army involvement isnt there. its jsut a bunch of human heroes who join the fight at the end and thast who it should be let the bots do the ass kicking with very few humans involved at all.

14. Chosen40k

Chosen40k Active Member

They're probably gonna be torn to shreads the moment they get there.

You know....with the warships and all....

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    They'll turn up at the last moment and save the day.

16. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

Human beings, fuck yeah!

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I always felt like the military in a Transformers movie should be like the cops in a Spiderman or Batman movie. They don't have to be totally inept and it's okay for them to try and stop the bad guys, but in the end I want the heroes like the Autobots to be the only ones that can save the day.

Plus the Decepticons just don't feel like much of a threat if humans can stop them. We've got how many humans on the planet and how many weapons, so the handful of Decepticons they can afford each film just don't stand a chance.

If I'm weird for wanting the Decepticons to rip into the military like this was a Japanese Godzilla film then I'll just have to be weird. But it just seems cooler for someone like Ironhide to stop someone than a one shot kill from a Navy rail gun.

18. AMG

AMG Old School

Sounds good to me.

19. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    You know its entirely possible it will be implied the US army and perhaps the armies of the world are otherwise occupied.

For the US military forces in country they could have their hands full just trying to evacuate civilians and setting up a perimeter around Chicago. For that matter the president could issues orders to let the bots handle it while prepping a back up plan in case they fail.

20. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can just imagine some people using that as more fodder of 'Obama is a fail President.' They were making a big stink about how he was portrayed in ROTF. (and that's all I'll get into regarding that).

The one shot in the preview of Sam in the car seeing the destruction, I think that's one of the shots of him secretly re-entering the city.

Idid get tired of wave-after-wave-after-wave-after-wave being thrown into the Egypt battle in ROTF. Though I do wonder about the number of soldiers the Autoboys are going to be up against given the size of those ships hovering over Chicago.