How do you feel about spoilers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Optimus1138, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When you see something tagged "spoiler," what do you do? Do you read it, or are you able to resist the temptation?

I, for one, never seem able to resist. I never want to be spoiled, but I have a hard time ignoring spoilers. I still haven't seen DOTM yet (hope to soon though), but I found out about Sentinel's betrayal and Ironhide, Starcream, and WheeljaQ's deaths quite a while ago, and I just read now on TV Tropes about Jerry Wang's death.

2. OptimusPancake

OptimusPancake Prime's Breakfest Chef

I know alot of websites cover the filming locations of the movie so I tried my hardest to resist from looking. I like being surprised what robots are in the movie !

3. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Pardon my french, but I absolutely 100% f**king hate spoilers. I thought TFW2005 did a great job this time around, the only 2 spoilers I knew about, I did from idiots on another non-TF website.

4. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I dont really care if I hear spoilers.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Spoilers can completely ruin a major surprise in a movie/book/show/etc. and people should exercise some courtesy in posting them, either by tagging, warning, or just not talking about them. If you read past the warnings, etc. however, you have noone to blame but yourself. Similarly, if something is more than a few weeks old in terms of a full release, a person should understand that they've had more than enough of an opportunity to see for themselves if they wanted to avoid spoiling, and its unfair to everyone else that they keep details to themselves.

I think the movie board was actually pretty good with spoilers in the time leading up to the release of DOTM.

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I find that when someone puts spoilers on a thread title, they should :stickies 

7. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    I hate spoilers, I was trying to be spoiler-free this time around for this movie and I almost was. I didn't visit the movie board for 3 months before the film was coming out but one day visited the imdb board for the movie and right there in the title some idiot wrote who the villain of the movies was. Why couldn't he just typed [SPOILERS]Real bad guy or something like that. It did ruin the anticipation of the movie to some degree but I got over it after watching the movie(Which I now love and can't wait to buy on blu ray).

8. OptimusPancake

OptimusPancake Prime's Breakfest Chef

i didnt visit any boards or websites about the movie until I actually saw the movie. Those soundwave and Sentinal plot twists were so awesome and surprising and im so glad I didn't know about them

9. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I hate spoilers when I know too much. I tried so hard to avoid any spoilers, but now I know so much of the story because everyone tells basically everything in their thread titles...

I fucking hate that!

For example the thing about Sentinel Prime, the thing about Ironhide. Thanks alot.
    I hope I can still enjoy the movie.

When I watched ROTF I really knew too much, I did not want this for the last movie and wanted to be really surprised by everything. I did not care that I knew which characters where in it, but I did not want to know anything about the plot before I watch the movie.

What's the point in paying so much money for a movie I already know everything about?!

I feel like they should rather die or something.

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

For the most part, I did my best to avoid spoilers but there were times that I couldn't resist and got spoiled on a few things, namely the deaths of Ironhide and Starscream plus Barricade's return only to be killed off. But I didn't read any more into those spoilers, so when I went to see DOTM, I was only aware that at some point those three characters will be killed and I expected them all to die in the final battle, but they all died differently from what I had expected.

11. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've never liked surprises. Even as a kid I didn't like them. So I'll always read spoilers, because I like to know what's going to happen before it happens. It stems from a need to be emotionally prepared for what I'm about to see/experience. Plus, I just like to know everything as soon as I can. I... don't react well to being surprised.

12. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Damn, now I know 2 more spoilers :( 

13. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I avoid spoilers the best I can. Did a good job staying in the dark for DotM, avoiding the movie forums, though some random spoiler snippets (some which didn't make it into the finished movie, actually) popped up in odd places.

The actual movie ads were horrible with spoilers, though. They showed both Starscream and Shockwave's deaths. What the hell?

14. DECAB419

DECAB419 Member

Spoilers are avoidable i dont really mind them, but its those damn questions or statements that lead into the spoilers that piss me off. Like one day i read a title named, "Do you hate sentinel prime now?", well thanks for telling everyone that SP obviously does something bad. And to top it off he even put "spoilers" after that. Way to rub it in.

15. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    I read the DotM spoilers, and while it ruined all the surprises, it actually allowed me to enjoy the movie more thoroughly. I knew what was coming, so I could focus on watching the action unfold instead of thinking about the twists and turns. That probably doesn't make much sense, but oh well.

16. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    The problem is, even if you stay out of the movie forum, when people place information on the thread title that you don't want to know before watching the movie, you sometimes see it as newest thread title in the main forum view or when you hit "new posts" you see the threads either.

The biggest thing I hate people for is that I know Sentinel Prime is going to be a traitor. Now where is the surprise? I hope that I can soon manage to watch the movie...

This really sucks and I'm really fucking annoyed. I mean, should I stay away from TFW2005 all the time when I a new movie is announced until I have finally seen it?!

17. DK Prime

DK Prime Crazy Dane

My philophosy is: I f you don't wanna get spoiled, stay away from spoilers. Personally I don't care..with DOTM I knew what happened before even reading it on the forums. I like being spoiled.

18. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I think they
    SUCK BIG TIME!!!!

19. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    I hate 'em.

20. doctajones428

doctajones428 Well-Known Member

I just never believe a spoiler I read and forget it. It isn't going in full depth about how a certain scene took place. I don't care as much about what's going to happen than how it's going to happen