How do you display your Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I display my Transformers naked.

2. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    thanks bro i like your setup too..dusting isn't that bad the room has 2 windows and transformers curtains blocking the sun..but maybe twice a year some tunes and a six pack and they get cleaned lol

3. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    OMG :bay 

Hey does anyone here open there boxes at least once on figures they plan to keep in there boxes?

4. Face

Face Well-Known Member

I have 4 different desks in my hobby room, all wrapped around me like a kind of command centre, each of my desks has a handful of my favourite and newest TF's and other figures on permanent display. All thumbs are clickable

[​IMG]
    the desk to my left has a pretty random assortment of figures, from Alternators Smokescreen to the Revoltech Alien Queen

[​IMG]
    the desk to my right has my Fansproject figures, WFC Prime with Corbot V's War Axe and a handful of other stuff

[​IMG]
    On top of my printer, I have my movie Autobots, including my repainted leader class Prime and HA Mudflap... I maintain that I am the first person anywhere, ever, to purchase him at retail

[​IMG]
    My work table(I build models so I need a worn out old table to paint and work on), is a work in progress, I lost my classics Ramjet and Starscream, but I want to have all the classic seeker redecos displayed here eventually. Also, the Fallen will rock your face off

[​IMG]
    Last up is my masterpiece display, which also has my Halo and Iron Man figures and my Battlestar Galactica model

5. Latias Prime

Latias Prime I'm only slightly crazy!

Currently my TFs are in my closet shelves in a jumbled mess after I tried taking a picture of all of them on New Years Eve. My collection is rather small, about maybe fifteen figures, but it's enough to make managment a hassle. I always keep my latest figure on a shelf near my bed, but they have a tendancy to fall onto the mattress, especially when I'm sleeping. Lately I've been waking up with TFA Jetfire and Jetstorm cuddling up to my leg.

I plan to get a displaycase sometime in the future, but right now the only money I have is in gift cards to Gamestop and Borders. In the meantime I'm thinking about moving them to a shelf above my desk and swapping them with the knick-knacks and ceramic figures there. I love those little dogs and cats, but seriously, they need to go!

I put the boxes in a huge box and store that in the space above my garage, but I'm going to move it to the pipe room (storage room so called because of the big pipe running through it) so they won't get damaged.

6. sacha88

sacha88 Well-Known Member

I've only got room for one bookcase to display my tfs, the rest are in a few plastic bins. I rotate what is on display, but for the most part I put figures in storage as I get new stuff which goes on the shelf after I open it.

7. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Other than the ones on my desk, the ones we have out are either on the floor in the playroom or in a toy box. A few of the missiles and projectiles are behind or under a furniture.

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You, sir, just won the collecting game. I bow to thee :bowdown: 

9. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    I wish I had the room to create more action-packed displays but until that day, I'll continue to cram them in :lol . For example, Here's one of my shelves...

[​IMG]

10. sphererer

sphererer Mambo-Jambo-Bot

This got me LOL-ing literally. HAH!

I display my TFs in a single two-tier bookshelf that was constructed when I shifted into my apartment back when I was a kid. What were books filling up the shelves now are just pure toys.

Mixture of displays in it now with my TFC book collection boxes alongside the rest of my loose toys but a lot of them are still in their packaging due to a lack of space at my place

Just a general question to you guys as well - how do you guys keep your collection as dust-free as possible? You guys do regular cleaning/wiping of collection or ???

11. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    like so
    kitbashing corner
    [​IMG]
    room to grow/posters
    [​IMG]
    wst
    [​IMG]
    animated
    [​IMG]
    my wife's small but growing collection
    [​IMG]
    alts
    [​IMG]
    mps and wfc collection
    [​IMG]
    G1
    [​IMG]
    classics
    [​IMG]

12. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Holy crap! nice collection there, You are some collector. I always wonder in the hot summer time doesnt the attic get really hot?

13. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    almost all of my figures are in cardboard boxes cause I have no room for to display them. Which I have 2 shelf devoted to TF's but its so crammed that its sad looking.

14. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :cry  I WANT MY HOUSE BAAAAAACCKUUUHHHH!! Burricy, your pictures make me so jealous :(  *sniffles*

15. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Supreme Leader

Ebay:
    I plan on keeping all of my Boxed Transformers in their boxes, and to get some shelving to put them on. I have other shelves for my Star Wars stuff as well, LOL!

16. COOL_ICE5

COOL_ICE5 Member

Login | Facebook

My current transformers display, with a single glass cabinet and two open display cabinet

17. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have wall shelves (4 tiers on one wall, 3 on the other two) i have a 42"Wx72"Hx16"D 5 tier, another 72"H shelf that is narroweer, but 6 tier. and i have a large horizontal bookshelf with 4 tiers.
    all in a small bedroom. with some creativity and realignment, i can still add more surface area for my expanding needs.

i display each figure in the mode i like best- mostly bot, but there are a few with awesome vehicle modes.

18. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This and on shelves in Robot mode, though most Beasts remain as they are and hug the carpet. :D 

19. AMG

AMG Old School

I have my TFs pretty organized right now. I have them separated like this:

-G1 Autobots character shelf.

-G1 Decepticons character shelf.

-BW/BM - Preds/Vehics shelf.

-BW/BM - Maximals shelf.

-Animated shelf.

-Movies shelf.

I also have three other mixed TFs shelves.

20. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    Thanks man..it does get hot up there in the summer but i have a small ac unit just keeps it cool enough on the hot days..the entire attic is insulated and finished like a finished basement..it even has heating vents for the winter time :thumbs2: