How do you display your Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, Jan 10, 2011.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

The title is self explanatory. I usually do one of three things:

1. I keep them all in vehicle mode and store them in plastic drawers. I have three drawers, the major Autobots go in the top, Major Decepticons in the bottom, and the rest in the middle drawer.

2. I have a large shelf where I am able to fit most if not all of them, and be able to get a clear look at all of their mugs. I have them all posed by their personality, like I have Starscream with his hands on his hips, his head cocked at Megatron, and I have Skids and Mudflap sitting with their feet dangling from the shelf, looking down below or at eachother. Posing them like that brings the characters to life and makes them that much more enjoyable!

3. My favorite, an epic battle around the room. I have plenty of areas where you can place a Transformer, and I sometimes set them up to where they are all locked in combat. On my dresser a sword fight between Cliffjumper and Long Haul, on my window sill a fist fight with Barricade and Bumblebee, fun things like that. The end results are great! :D 

2. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have two shelves in the bedroom. Right now it's displayed with G1 season 1 bots on the bottom and G1 season 2 and 3 bots on the top.

The rest are in plastic bins in the closet. Not enough space in an apartment :( 

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    You know something I just realized? I almost NEVER display combiners in their merged form. Right now I have Bruticus merged, but also Trainbots, Multiforce, Dinoforce, Brest Force, Brainmasters, Predacons, G2 Constructicons and FP Combaticons all in robot mode, my Seacon reissues in beast mode and my TFCC Seacons in weapon mode.

I think I'm rare in that.

4. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

:(  That sucks for the rest of your toys, I have the same problem, so I try to rotate. Not enough room for all the Transformers to be out.

You know what? I just remembered I have RotF Devastator put away in my closet. I need to display that guy in his merged form, it's all he's good for...

5. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a wall-shelf above my work area, which has all the "prime" (excuse the lame pun) figures, such as all the Optimuses and Masterpieces. There's another shelf below for TFs, and this is a cheap Walmart plastic shelf. I actually had four more levels for TF display, but now they're filled with a variety of toys such as Lego, Star Wars and Tron.

6. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Some of my guys just stand there, some of them are aiming their guns forward, some of them stand at an angle and point guns, some brandish their melee weapons in a threatening manner...but most just stand due to either lack of room to move or me just being slack in posing. They're also all divided by line and then further by faction (which side each faction stands on differs depending on...the friggin' alignment of the planets for all I care).

7. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

Wherever I can find large enough flat surfaces to display them on. :D 

8. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    On 13 shelves in a toy room.

9. ssancho

ssancho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have more recent purchases on my desk and the rest go into storage and I rotate them like every 2 months.

10. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    i turned my attic into a transformers room..if you walked into my home unless you know me you would never know im a transformers collector..lmao:D 

Attached Files:

11. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    11 shelves in my man cave. most are displayed in robot and vehicle mode. the combiners are always combined!

12. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

^^^^^
    That is an awesome set-up you've got there.

I have six of those six foot tall bookcases set up in my basement.I have them displayed according to line(G1,TFTM,ROTF,Classics/Generations,etc.).then I have them separated between Autobots and Decepticons.

13. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    why thanks man.been a collector for 27 years.I have the shelves going from the front to back walls each section dedicated to a series one shelf autobots and one decepticons,robots in disguise,armada,energon,cybertron,animated,generations,classics and henkei,transformers the movie,revenge of the fallen..ect i have 6 detolfe display cases 3 filled with all generation one and the other three filled with beastwars u.s.a.,beast wars takara,transmetals,and beast machines,finally the biggie dislpay case contains biobooster armor guyver models and figures,and soul of chogokin,binaltech,alternators,and masterpieces..but there is stuff everywhere from third party companies such as fansproject and crazy devy..and so on..gonna throw up a video here pretty soon..

14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I just recently set up my guest bedroom as my collection room. I have four bookcases posing as shelves and a display case for the majority of my figures. I also hang my sealed ones on the wall. I like to display them in action type poses. Here's a glimpse of the setup:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Jolt Customs

Jolt Customs Seacon

What happens when there is an Earthquake!?

16. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    here are a few more pics

Attached Files:

17. grandizerGo

grandizerGo Predaking

News Credits:
    hahaha..hope not ..im in mass.tho no earthquakes as of yet

18. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Geez, how do you keep your shelves so clean and dust free? I love your set up man.

19. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    on book shelves, generally in Robot mode save the ones that don't stand well for what ever reason be it design or loose joints those are in alt mode, all but one of my combiner teams is displayed combined, the exception is 2010 Predaking as his shear weight makes me worry about the arm joints if i kept him combined long term.

20. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Robot modes on display in my bookshelf, only <10 or so at a time. MIBs go in my closet, and my loose figures are individually wrapped in sandwich bags and kept in tiered storage boxes that I made from foam board. 3 levels: two 3" deep and one 4" deep. I had to make a special one for Primus.

Shelves:
    [​IMG]

Typical loose storage box contents:
    [​IMG]

Special Primus box:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]