How do you display your Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SamiWCP, Jan 11, 2007.

1. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

The fun of Transformers is that they can transform. Now, some of us on here are also into displaying our collections..But that raises the question..

How do you choose which way to display?

Some choose robot mode, others alt mode, some mix n' match, others want in box, etc..

Me, I buy 2 of each, all opened, one for robot, one for Alt.

What about you?

2. Primal84

Primal84 Well-Known Member

Mostly in robot form...although Beast Wars Megatron was displayed in Dragon Mode.

No way am I buying two of each with statue collecting draining my wallet as well.

3. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    All mine are in Robot mode 24-7. The only exceptions are the mini-bots from G1 and a couple Decepticon jets( the newer versions with crap robot modes)

You rock SAMI! I love your collection!!

4. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Yeah, some get expensive..Like having 4 MP Primes, 2 20th Anv editions, 2 trailers, etc. I only need to collect one statue though, and I haven't gotten around to collecting 2 of Gen-1 stuff, except for the combiners, who I have 3 sets of each of Devastator, Superion, Menasor, Bruticus and Defnesor. But it is 3 because I found those Big Lot knock offs.

5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Most of my bots bigger than Basic sized are in their bot mode. My Minicons/Microns are all in vehicle mode.

6. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

Thanks..I have to get my room mate Justin help me move my cases tonight, as I got a Omega Supreme waiting at home, and a Trypticon on it's way, and no room for them.

7. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    I have them both and they are AWESOME!! (Omega and Trypticon)

8. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I open everything I get, only one of each, and display them in robot mode. I find I can fit more on my bookshelves that way, I transform them on occasion when I'm bored or in the mood. The only one who breaks this rule is my 16 Special Megatron, which is opened but remains in it's packaging

9. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Most of mine are in robot mode, but I make an exception for a few; mostly ones with beast modes. Unicron occasionally gets displayed in planet mode because I've got the plastic stand for it. I've got a Japanese Waspinator and Metals Rattrap that I display in box, because said boxes are autographed by Scott McNeil. They've both been opened though. I love how Japanese toy packaging goes back together so well!

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I primarily display mine in 'bot mode since they typically take up less room that way and I don't have a huge amount of space

11. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Masterpiece Prime (and Megatron when released) in bot mode. I might also put out G1 Prime & Megatron in bot mode to display with them as a direct comparison.

Alternators in alt mode.

Masterpiece Seekers (if they are ever released in animation accurate colors) will likely remain in alt mode to go with the Alternators.

War Within & G1 Titaniums in bot mode.

Classics in bot mode.

G1 Dinobots in alt mode vs 13" Palisades Devastator Statue.

WST Dinobots in alt mode.

G1 Jetfire vs G1 Shockwave in bot modes.

G1 Omega Supreme vs G1 Predaking in bot modes.

G1 Soundwave (2006 commemorative edition) mainly in bot mode with Ravage at his feet and Laserbeak on his arm.

The rest of my G1 collection in boxed-up-in-the-pantry mode.

12. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

I want that 13" Devastator statue sooo bad!!

13. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I don't have a good place to display right now :(  So I keep most loose in alt mode in a few drawers and my G1 reissues and MP SS and 20TH OP stay in their boxes on the top shelf in my closet, so I can see them

14. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I only buy 1 of each, and I display the majority of them in robot mode.

15. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I display all my ALTs in a display case and every rotate the display between car mode, robot mode, and posed robot mode.

16. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

Most of my bots are in robot form. Takes less space that way.

My G1 Dinobots are in dino form though. :) 

17. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    My Alts. are on the mantle right now and the G1s are in a big mess in the display case. I need to clean up both displays soon, so they look better.

18. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    I got a glass-doored bookcase from IKEA for my collection, and really pared down what I had out on display. To wit: 2 shelves of Classics and near-classics, one for 1/60 mecha (Yamato Valks, PG Gundams, MPScream), one for MG Gundams, two for Alts. Most stay in bot mode, Alts are in car mode and the VF-0S on the 1/60 shelf I rotate between battroid, GERWALK and fighter. It's just too pretty not to.

If I get more Yamato Valks, I'll get a fully glass case and stick them in there. (C'mon, VF-0D, VF-11B and VF-4! Daddy needs a new collecting focus!)

Oh yeah, and Unicron's on top of the case, out in the open. He's so huge, I couldn't resist.

Um. Guess I went past the scope of this thread?

19. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Robot mode, unless I like the alt mode better, like BW Transmetals 2 Megatron, Tigerhawk. Armada Sideways.

If I buy a re-paint of the same mold that I already have one will be in robot and one will be in alt mode.

20. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    By default I display in bot form but ultimately it comes down to whatever mode is cooler.