How Do you Display your Primes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by slugslinger2004, Aug 15, 2011.

1. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not a huge Optimus fan, but his toys are usually the best from each line so I have a bunch of them:tongue: .

My question is do you have a Prime shelf/ display or do you have each one leading their respective armies on seperate shelves? Right now I'm leaning towards the latter, but wanted some opinions on each. *runs off to Collection Showcase for more ideas*

2. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Mine are displayed with their respective groups on separate shelves, mostly apart from each other.

Displaying them all together is a chore, the eye loses focus on all the red\gray\blue. By being the focal point of a group they are much more individualized and demand a presence on the shelf.

Out is Black MP Prime with Grimlock and Rodimus, below him ROTF Buster Prime with various deluxe ROTF bots, below that is henkei Convoy with a handful of generations figures, closeby is a universe [03] nemesis prime and on a different bookcase, animated voyager prime and his group.

3. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

yes, i have a prime shelf. mine's too crowded. i have other primes but don't display them in there cause it would clash with the red and blues.

[​IMG]

i do wish i had doubles though. MP04 is in my alt/bt aquarium.

[​IMG]

4. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a shelf in my room that has one Optimus from each series..

Classics Optimus Prime
    RID Optimus Prime
    Armada Leader Optimus Prime
    Energon Leader Optimus Prime
    Cybertron Optimus Prime
    BW Optimal Optimus
    BW Lio Convoy
    BW Big Convoy
    SG Optimus Prime
    HFD Movie Optimus Prime
    Generations WFC Optimus Prime
    SDCC Prime Optimus Prime

5. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I only collect Prime's from each series that also have Megatron counterparts since I have an entire case dedicated to being a Prime vs. Megatron display.

For ongoing series like Classics, G1, Animated, etc., I obviously have doubles of Prime (and Megs) to be displayed with their respective factions.

6. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    I have 2 large shelves of primes. One has my collection of all movie primes, the other is a combination of everything else, G1 to MP. Someday I will find my camera (just got done moving to a new house)

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Heh, same here.

I have a Prime shelf. Classics Prime isn't on it because he's leading the Classics shelf (though I do have a KO of SG Prime and a KO of DIA Commander on my Prime shelf, so the mold is still represented).

Galaxy Force, Armada, and Masterpiece Prime also aren't on it because they're too big to fit.

Alternators Prime was originally on the Alternators shelf just like Classics Prime is with his men, but I recently moved him to the Prime shelf to make room on the other shelves.

But the rest of my Primes are all together (Big Convoy, Optimus Primal, Primal Prime, Powermaster, SG, MW, Classics Deluxe, Titanium, Actionmaster, DIA Commander, G1, Pepsi Convoy, WFC, Animated 2-pack Deluxe, 3 Robot Heroes (G1 with and without Matrix, and the Best Buy DVD-exclusive), Nike Convoy, Fire Convoy, Armada Deluxe, a little Energon PVC figure, RTS, Alternators, Movie Protoform, Movie Voyager, ROTF Leader, DOTM Sparkle Prime, DOTM Fireburst)

8. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Yea, he's pretty much the most produced character in every line...

I dont have them all, but the Primes I do collect are kinda like the squad leaders on each shelf...

Shelf 1: Takara ROTF Leader Class Buster Optimus Prime
    2: MP1 Convoy
    3. Alternity Silver Convoy
    4. DOTM Sentinel Prime (pre defection) Ha!
    5. A squad of all Primes!
    Car Robots Fire Convoy, Alternators Rodimus Prime and Galaxy Force Galaxy Convoy

The ceiling has Galaxy Force Live Convoy, Vector Prime and Primus, too!

Animated (and soon to be Hub-Prime) are on my narrow media bookcases...

I've got a few Nemis Primes on the Decepticon shelves. But I think you want to discuss the Autobot Primes...

9. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Ooops. WFC Prime is opposite WFC Megs on my computer speakers...

10. AMG

AMG Old School

No Prime shelf. I mostly have them displayed with their respective toy lines/factions.

11. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    i have three optimus prime shelves so far. boxed primes on the bottom, second has largest primes in back (galaxy, movie/jetfire, MP, armada/jetfire etc, and in front of those the voyagers. the top shelf is deluxe primes with legends and basics in front. i almost have one prime for every series. just missing the random Nike prime, micky prime and star convoy, action master, gobot OP, orion pax, new MP10 and robot masters.... i think that may be all...

except some legends but not concerned about those right now.

12. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My shelf has MP01, THS01, THS02, THS02b, Alternity Convoy Super Black, Robot Masters Lio Convoy and Beast Convoy, WFC Prime, SL Wing Convoy, Star Convoy, GF Sonic Convoy, RID Omega Prime, United Laser Prime, TFClub Optiaim, Binaltech Convoy, Knight Morpher Commander and two Armada Jet Primes.

It is swish!

13. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I only have two movie Primes, a masterpiece Prime, and an animated Prime on display. My movie Primes are both leaders from ROTF - the regular one and the exclusive black one, and they're both displayed on two separate Human Alliance shelves - regular Prime is with my HA figures and leader Ironhide. The black one is with the start of my "Shattered Glass" movie Autobots I'm hoping to finish in the future. The others are with their respective fellow Autobots.

I do (surprise!) have an Ironhide specific shelf - my collection takes up a full IKEA expedit unit, and has also spilled onto my desk.

14. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's my shelves...

Missing are the regular and Transmetal versions of Primal and Megatron because I ran out of space for the Primals and I dare not touch Transmetal Megatron.

For the most part, each figure is a different "character" from a different reality, except for the Armada and Energon guys, and they're included because they're just so damned different from the others. Also I'm still not 100% convinced WFC Prime and Prime are the same character... Don't look too closely or you'll see the dust. :lol 

I could probably put Alternity Prime and Megatron in there too, but I just figured they were supposed to be G1 Megatron.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I have a Prime shelf as well, mostly of G1 Prime: 25th Anni., DVD MP, MegaSCF, WST, Kre-O, G1 Mighty Mugg, G1 SDCC Mighty Mugg, an SDCC Mini-bust, then RotF Leader, and the Movie Mighty Mugg. I also have the Mickey Mouse Convoy displayed with them.

I'll be looking to add and replace soon though (Encore for 25th Anni., MP-04 + MP-10 for DVD MP, etc.).

16. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    I don't. for the most part my stuff stay packed away due to lack of room in my apt.

17. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Beast Era Optimus Primal figures together are on top in the legends section, with Dinobot, Waspinator, and Beast Era Megatron. I have the Animated Primes in the Animated section on level three. Then the four other Optimus Prime figures I have are just put into openings in the other sections of the display set up.

18. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

With the rest of my figures... I currently only have a voyager ROTF Optimus though... >_>

19. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

ill get a prime shelf together someday.

20. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Admittedly, I'm not the hugest Prime fan in the world but for some reason that hasn't stopped me from having a collection of the guy. XD

So far: RTS Legends Prime, Revoltech Convoy, Alternity Convoy, Henkei Voyager Convoy, PP01 Faith Leader (mini MP Optimus Prime), and DMK Optimus Prime (still in the box and have yet to put him together). I may do a little "evolution of Prime" picture someday. XD

Otherwise, I just display my Primes with their own individual continuities. RTS Legends with other tiny Legends, Revoltech with Revoltech, Alternity (all still MISB), and PP01 Faith Leader as my default CHUG Autobots leader.

Henkei Prime is the odd duck of the group; I'll probably just get the FP G3 trailer and just leave him in alt mode since I do dig his version of a big rig truck. DMK Prime I'll display with my MP-M01 Starscream and have them square off against each other since the size is right.