How do you display your figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ssancho, Apr 9, 2011.

1. ssancho

ssancho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Right now I can only display my figures on my desk but I want to get either a bookshelf or a display case during spring break. Need advice on which to get and what kind. O yeah I really don't the IKEA display cases by the way. Thanks.

2. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For now, my temporary solution are the black five shelf bookcases from Wal-mart for like $25 a pop. Sturdy enough, and they hold a ton of figures. I'm hoping to upgrade to something better down the road though, so I'm interested to see what other folks do on this thread.

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Billy bookcases and Detolf display cases from Ikea are a good choice. What about them do you not like? Moreso, which ones do you not like?

4. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Beware, I have one of those black Walmart shelves, and while it is good for robots, it totally caves and the individual shelves start bending if you load it with books. Just an FYI to those who store their comics/fiction with their toys. Put all that on the bottom shelf.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  5. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Curently in boxes under my stairs.....

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I recently just moved my collection from a set of two bookshelves onto a large storage rack set I got from Home Depo. I put styrofoam boards across three of the racks because there's large holes in them and they would present issues with standing figures up. I also draped an old sheet across the top that extends down to cover the back and the sides to prevent dust buildup on the figures.

However, I still use two of the spaces from the bookshelves for my alts (I only own three, so they go with all the Japanese import figures) and anything above leader class (which equates to Armada Unicron, Enegon Omega Supreme, and Masterpiece Skywarp).

7. ssancho

ssancho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I don't really like it cause of the price and the size. I would prefer a bookcase or a display case with only glass doors.

8. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I just have mine in cardboard boxes around various spots on the floor through my place.

9. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    I am storing my figures in vehicle mode in 3 stack storage bins that open with a drawer. You can get them at Walmart I think I keep them in there to protect them from dust and my pets, some cats like to chew on things.

I stack the bins on top of each other I need to get one more for the DOTM line.

10. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    Any way I can...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I display mine in various bookcases and shelves I get from auctions and fix up. Matching is not a problem for me since my main room is a giant amalgamation of themes in the first place. :p 

12. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Like a boss.

13. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

I have my Classics on the dresser. Autobots to the right. Decepticons to the left. A small mix in the middle. Bigger bots in the back smaller in the front. They go in rows anywhere from 2-3 bots each.

Next to the dresser on the left I have a 7 drawer tower. On the top are 3 Classics. Blurr in the middle on his stomach in a sniper pose. In the back to the left is Dinobot. To the right is Cheetor.

My closet is a different story. BW Maximals on the top far left. Unciron in the middle. Energon Scorponok to his left and Energon Megatron plus Starscream to his right. To the far right is the BW Predacons. The BW characters are set up in a similar fashion as my Classics.

Below them I have shelves the one on the far right has 5. First is a mix of PR, IM, and SW. The next shelf has ROTF Decepticons. Next is ROTF Autobots. After that is Animated Decepticons. Last is Animated Autobots.

The shelves behind the middle door consist of a mix of Titanium. Next shelf is RID. Followed by Cybertron. Fourth is Movie 1 Decepticons. Finally Movie 1 Autobots.

Next is my bureau one big shelf on top with nothing. Three smaller ones on the bottom. On the left is MP Grimlock in front of him is G2 Hero Megatron and Prime. To the far right is MP Prime in front of him is G1 Minibot Bumblebee and Gears.

Last are my three wall mounted shelves. To the left are WFC Megatron and Prime. To the right are WFC Cliffjumper and Soundwave. In the middle below the two are PCC Dinobots.

14. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Here's what I use. Got this at Ikea for $40. It's a nice piece of furniture and is great for collection figures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

my wife and i talked about the limited space i have and thought about switching in and out some bots but i like my TFs in one spot.

[​IMG]

i wish i have a mancave.

16. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I just use the 6' black bookcases from Target for about $25 each.I've got six of them lined up along the wall.You can fit a lot of bots on them.

17. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Amen, bruddah. I went to not less than 8 stores in 3 towns (Lowe's, WM, Home Depot...) looking for utility shelves that didn't have gaping holes in them.

i finally found jusr 1- the last one in stock- that was 72"H x 42"L x 16"D and paid $50 for it.

This summer, i plan to reorganize my entire collection and display them better.
    grouping lines that i don't collect anymore together (finally) and leaving room for the current new lines.

but i have wall shelves, a waist high, but 8 foot long bookshelf, and 3 utility shelves that i display mine.

18. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Right now... boxes. After I move into the new house the beginning of May... wall-mounted shelves from Ikea and (eventually) two glass cases for the Masterpieces.

19. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I just have a bunch of big white bookshelves I keep my stuff on. Got them from Walmart.

20. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I don't have anything really special for my transformers, just a couple of shelves that you stick on the wall. But it's getting pretty crowded up there, so it looks like it's bookshelf time!