How do you display your collection

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by chazparks, Jul 29, 2006.

1. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

Is it on a shelf in a glass cabinet or something else?

Also is there a way to tighten loose joints on G1 figures?

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I keep my Alternators and a handful of others displayed on the entertainment center in my bedroom. I have other pieces and figures displayed around my bedroom in various places.

As for tightening G1 joints, it depends on the type of joint in question. Please elaborate.

3. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

The head on my Soundwave keeps falling down and won't stay up.

4. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i have 18 tf's here in my apartment, displayed on 2 shelves of my book case. the other 2000 or so are in rubbermaid storage bins in a concrete lined room in the basement of my mothers house, on stands to keep them off the floor. the room is hidden behind a fake bookcase.
    no, i will not say where my mom lives :p 

5. UltraPrime

UltraPrime Lord of Macragge

Mine are displayed on shelves, along with my other collections, in a room all to themselves. The carded Robot Masters are on the wall.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Many of mine are in boxes under my bed, but two thirds of the walls in my bedroom are shelving now, the majority of that is taken up by TFs.
    (The other third, BTW, has to be left clear or I'd never get out of the place).

7. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have a dedicatd room with shelves for my Transformers, but the BT/ALTs and some statutes are on display in my bedroom. I'm running out of space.

8. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I've got them on display in my bedroom My G1's are in a glass curio cab, everything else on bookshelves, tv's, all over...in my kids room (the newer stuff I let them play with), my living room-my Alts are lined up atop my entertainment center, heck I've even got some stuff on my kitchen and on my computer desk, so I guess you could say-EVERYWHERE. My house is like a toy store lol and I'm running outta space fast.

9. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I've got three bookshelves lining a wall on my bedroom displaying 95% of my collection. The rest are along the other wall on my computer desks, those are my really big ones on my old desk, and my Alts which I keep on my current desk. Some of my collection ends up in Limbo, the box I keep in the corner, because of missing parts, too much wear to display, or just nowhere to put them. Poor BM Ultra Jetstorm is in there, transmetal paint is cracked bad and he's too big and kibbly to put on a shelf

10. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's a whole section of the forum for showing off collections, you might want to look in there.

I've got mine mostly on wood and metal shelving, or did till I had to pack most of them up.

11. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    mine are all on the ceiling

12. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If your really interested you need to check out the collections thread..... :D 

13. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Most of them are on ajustable hieght rack on wall mounted shelving, with shelf lengths adjusted to accomodate other furnature.

14. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

My Alts and MP Prime are all standing behind my turntables. Unfortunately I'm about out of space there.

15. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Most of everything is in boxes. Only thing out are my alts in vehicle mode on a shelf with books and my masterpeice prime. I have titaniums on my desk except for my battlestar which is proudly displayed on a shelf.

16. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Most of my toys are in a dedicated room in my house. Most of the stuff is on wall mounted shelving, with the exception of the big'uns, which line the walls along the floor. Carded bots go on the walls using thumbtacks. The only bots outside of that room are the Rumble cassettes that I have "hiding" in a couple of clocks throughout the house. You can just see his back-mounted rifles peeking out around the clock's pendulum.

17. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Mine are on a grey Ikea Billy bookcase with glass shelves and custom lighting. I originally ordered glass doors for it, but when they came in they were frosted so I just sent them back. Never have bothered to get the see-through doors.

I've never really needed more than the one bookcase, because I have a tendency to rotate my collection and sell off stuff after a few months as I get tired of them. I only have a handful of things I've kept more than a year or two.

18. Zakna

Zakna Flames Fan! :)

in a pile

[​IMG]

19. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

I've got that bookcase too. I do have the clear glass doors and shelves, with lighting on the top and the middle shelf, which needs to remain wood for stability. I love the sucker, and my Alts, 20th Prime, reissue Predaking and vintage Dinobots live there now. The Dinobots look badass with the light reflecting off of the chrome, by the way. :) 

The rest are on other bookshelves without glass - I just got tired of dusting my Alts. I'm going to have to come up with some new shelving when Classics hits. Maybe something wall mounted... Most of my old vintage stuff is in Rubbermaid bins at my parents' house and awaits rescuing.

20. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Except for Alts and 20th Prime.

Ditto.

Oh and lots of Bookstyle and TRU reissue's still in boxes.