How Do You Display CHUG?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DecepticonSpike, May 2, 2012.

1. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Do you have them in a separate display, or do you mix them in with G1, since many of them are updated G1 characters?

2. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I have my Classics stuff on their own shelves, and then a seperate set of shelves for my G1 stuff. Although I have a feeling that I have a bit more space than a majority of collectors, but before that I kinda had everything kinda mixed together, but still kinda themed, like my dino-formers all together, Jets all together, construction vehicles, etc.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Season 1/2 Autobots shelf, Season 3 Autobots shelf, Season 1/2 Decepticon shelf, and season 3 Decepticon shelf. And a side shelf for the Fansproject Combaticons cause I'm lacking space

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Warpath, Thundercracker, and Acid Storm I have on a table near my bed. The others are in mix between G1, Movie, and UT figures. I really don't have alot of space, so I don't have any issues with crossing eras.

5. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    I mix a few ball jointed older Cons with my Generations Cons, just to even it out a little. There are waaay to many Autobots...

6. Th0r4z1n3

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I feel ya there, my Autobots shelf is frickin' packed, while my Decepticon shelf is kinda bare. It doesn't help them out any that quite a few of them are on a different shelf with Unicron as Heralds of Unicron, and all my Seekers (of which there are MANY) have their own shelf too.

EDIT: :useless  they're crappy cell phone pics, but they're pics non the less LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  7. LordGigaIce

LordGigaIce A Chair!

I don't collect G1/2 toys, so there's obviously no mixing there.

Actually my Classics/Henkei/Universe/Generations shelf is my primary/largest display now that I've moved my movie stuff into storage.

With the Classics guys, there's two shelves. One for Autobots, one for Decpeticons.

Most of the figures are CHUG figures, but I do mix in figures from other lines to "fill it out." So there's some Energon and Cybertron figures in there too, along with some stuff from the PCC, Prime, BotCon, and even movie lines.

8. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I usually recycle the bottles.

Oh wait... ;) 

My top shelf is my Autobots, second shelf is my Decepticons. Top shelf is very crowded. No G1s. All my G1s are in wretched condition aside from a few G2 constructicons... it's amazing any have survived my childhood.

9. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Normally I put bots on one shelf and cons on the other but my cons have some movieverse stuff in there to even things out

10. MaximusCubed

MaximusCubed Abnormal Survivor

If I had any G1 figures, I would not display them with Classics at all.

I got two rows to display CHUG figures. Top row has Optimus team against Megatron's, a homage to season 1 and 2. Bottom row has Rodimus team against Galvatron's forces, based upon the third season and so on.

Like others have said, the Decepticons are heavily out-numbered in terms of figures, so I try to build small armies (maximum of 3 figures each) such as the Sweeps and Vehicons.

11. seali_me

seali_me Dakilang Mandirigma

Season 1/2 Autobots
    Season 1/2 Decepticons
    Season 3 Autobots
    Season 3 Decepticons

But that's about to change again.

12. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I dont usually mix lines, I have a few exceptions but otherwise my G1s are seperate from Classics, which are seperate from Animated, etc. I do mix together the 3 movie lines and I mix together the various Classics-verse lines, but those tend to follow a similar design aesthetic, so I dont really consider them being mixed.

The only shelf that is really mixed together is where I have Universe Starscream & Bruticus (with Crossfire add-ons) up against Classics Jetfire, Universe Mini-Bots (Warpath, Beachcomber, Cosmos & Brawn), PCC Huffer (with Rallybots) and DOTM Powerglide & Guzzle.

13. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    I don't have any G1 figures, but I'd have them in their own shelf.

My Classics figures are separated by 4 shelves: S1/2 bots, S1/2 cons, S3 onward bots and S3 onward cons.

14. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Currently I have figures separated by lines, but next time I re-shuffle I am tempted to display character by character.

15. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    There's a handful of them that are not in the main Classics display, but the majority of my Classics figures are all in one area and they're arranged with G1 Autobots together, G1 Decepticons together, and then other miscellaneous ones (G2 Optimus, Dinobot, etc.) together.

16. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, before or after I moved...

Before, I just had 6 shelves, 3 for bots, 3 for cons.

The top shelf was for the bigger guys and everything else was just placed... right before I moved, I ended up putting, Beastwars on bottom, split bots/cons and then everything else on middle shelf, left the big guys on top shelf..

when I get them setup at my new place, I plan on separating them, bots/cons..

G1/Classics
    Beast Wars
    RiD / Machines
    Movie Verse
    RiD: Prime

My 1 or 2 Animated and Unicron Trilogy will go in wherever they look best.
    I only have 1 or G1's so there is no putting them on their own shelf. I have Ultra Magnus, rodimus, and PM optimus w/ Apex armor and for cons Starscream and Devastator so..

I'm looking to add Blaster and Soundwave soon..

17. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:

No they are not even in the same room. I keep G1,G2 & Euro together.

The Beast Wars & Beast Machines Maximals & Predacons together (with a few sprinkles of animal Webdiver)

Then I have Beast Wars 2nd (Vehicles) and Armada together.

I keep 3rd party with my Robotmasters and all my Flipchanger moulds plus a little bit of Microman.

Then I keep my Spychangers with the rest of my Microman.

The Movie toys are partly mixed up with the Classic stuff along with some Energon toys.

And then I have RID with TF Cybertron. & Marvel & Star wars Crossover are in with a bit of Galaxy Force and all my Legions and legends.

I don't have enough Prime toys yet to have they in a special place they are just hanging about.

Much of my Animated and 2007 Movie stuff is in storage.

If Something's been super seeded then I don't tend to leave it out (so 2007 Starscream and Optimus is in storage).

As I have a Large number of them they do tend to get a bit muddled up though.

Say what is the story with the Yellow Cybertronian Voyager Sunstorm toy ?

I'm guessing by the CHMS seekers with chrome chests and clear wings and the oddly coloured Animated Voyager Seekers you have a lot of customs ?

18. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    in their own display(s)

19. Th0r4z1n3

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    There are actually no customs in there, I've tried my hand a couple of them and just don't have the patience for them...plus I like being able to transform/move them around without having to worry about chipped paint. For the most part, any figure that isn't in an "official deco" is a KO. KOs make for an easy way to boost the ranks of my Seeker collection. It's hard to tell from the angle of that pic (I was working off of pics that I had on my phone while I was at work), but the chrome chests and clear wings are actually on different figures; chrome Seekers in the front row, with clear Seekers behind them. Here are some better pics...you know...just in case you wanted to see more.

The Yellow Cybertron Sunstorm is an oversized KO too. XD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Oh I.C. it's a giant legend.

I got excited there for a bit as it's along time want of mine a Voyager Pre-Earth Yellow Sunstorm.

Nice to see someone else who like the CHMS planes. But you have gone and reminded me i'm still missing a few like Clear Ehobby colour Starscream and some of the really cheap Ramjets.

I like the red and yellow KO legends Starscream - that looks interesting.

What's the story with the more orangy gold Chrome gold Starscream ?