How do you decide if they fit?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Deceptigtar, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a question for those with dedicated character collections. I have a Skywarp and Soundwave dedication collection among others, but I want to know how you guys decide if some should be part of these collections or not?

Do you buy them and place them in because of name, because the homage and paint scheme it has, or because it is that character?

I am trying to decide if I should get the JP BW Skywarp, which is a maximal eagle part of the combiner.

Also there is the Soundwave from Beast Wars Mutants sub-line. Laserbeak from Armada who was an Autbot but served the same purpose as the original CON Laserbeak. Also there was the real gear figure that looked like Laserbeak but was not.

What do you guys decide?

2. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I don't own AEC versions of Prowl, nor the BW or Machine Wars versions, because I don't see them as the same character. Alt Prowl, while quite a different transformation, still screams "Prowl" when you look at it. As a counterpoint, if I had an Optimus collection, I'd have to include all the BW molds that you looked at and said "Yeah, that's Optimus".

I love Skywarp, but I think the Universe Skywarp that was a repaint of a BM toy and the Armada Skywarp were both jokes, and refuse to own either.

In the end, go with your gut.

3. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I try to keep with the name mainly, which is why I include the Shockwave minicon in my Shockwave collection.
    I won't include Energon Shockblast though. Just a personal decision, mainly becasue I hate the mold.

4. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

It's all up to your personal preference, I guess. I don't particularly have single character collections, but I do make choices whether or not to display a non-CHUG figure on the CHUG shelves. (Animated Arcee, for example.) Basically I ask myself if the figure looks good there, if it looks out of place or not, and if it gels with what I like.

There's really no perfect way to do it. And I promise, if you do it wrong, none of us will come to your house, give you a bad grade and confiscate your TFs. (Unless they're ones I don't have.)

5. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

My small Optimus/Convoy collection is made up entirely of G1 renditions of Optimus/Convoy, save for RotF Leader Prime as well as the Mighty Mugg Movie Prime. I think there's more than enough characterization from the original to warrant it.

Same goes for the Starscream shelf. Encore, Robot Masters, MegaSCF, HoC, MP, Revoltech, and the Universe version. All about the G1 character. The only exception is Beast Wars 2nd Starscrem & BB (which I bought from you), but that was originally intended to represent the G1 Starscream, so that slides.

So yeah, it's about the character for me.