How do you deal with Transformers Muggles?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Dncmefrmpelican, Dec 7, 2010.

?

Ever been picked on due to your Transformers?

1. Yes

47 vote(s)
    38.8%
  2. No

73 vote(s)
    60.3%
  3. I dont want to say

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. Dncmefrmpelican

Dncmefrmpelican TheWhiteCleaver

(NOTE: Before I start, I didn't really know where to post this so here is ok until a mod moves it or something...dont blame me I'm 14 >.<)

Ok , What I meant by the title is the random guys at school who start off with:
    " HAHA Oh look its a transformer...dude how old are you like 6..."
    I then explain i'm and amatuer collector and I like to dabble and Im met with this:
    "Rofl you wierdo"

One VERY amusing fact I notice is when they start like this they are in a big group, though when there suddenly alone with me, everyone wants to have a play around with my WfC Starscream and my Rescue Ratchet...

So what I want to know is how other people deal with this thing

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    You laugh it off. Generally referring to people who aren't into your nerdy hobby using a term from another nerdy hobby probably doesn't help.

You don't try to explain yourself, you don't panic or get angry or puff up yourself and explain that you're not playing with toys, but that you're an "dabbling in collecting action figures", you just shrug and say that everyone needs a hobby. And if they call you a weirdo, you shrug and say "whatever, man.". Don't make it an issue and there's not much they can say about it, especally if most of them know about Transformers on some level as well.

3. Dncmefrmpelican

I do that, and dont call them muggles to their faces ( internet term I use) My school is kinda stuck up to free thinking too..

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

It's a non-issue for me. The biggest thing that I've done that says "I'm a transformer fan" is to draw up front, back, and side shots of G1 Soundwave's toy in both modes during my free time with my school's TurboCAD drafting program. Everybody thinks its awesome so it only increases my rep (and to a smaller degree my ego:p )

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I haven't had to, thankfully.

Nowadays this stuff is more common place then before.

6. Dncmefrmpelican

Wow making a transformer in school never occured to me.. I normally sit and make gaia memories

7. Dncmefrmpelican

Lucky you..

8. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

You have a WFC Starscream? Where the hell did you get that? I want one!

I do what I want and if people don't like it they can kiss the fattest part of my ass. Then again, I'm 35, 6' tall and bulky so no one really messes with me anyway.

9. Dncmefrmpelican

Lol im about 5ft 5 abywas the starscream is a g1 re deco of a cybertron ledgends figure exclusive to one hong kong toy show and all wfc pre orders in uk and by all I mean some xD
    I got mine free with AC: brotherhood

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd side with them over someone who would use the term "muggles". Sorry.

11. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    You don't exactly sound like you're completely innocent of being stuck up, either. You're talking down about people on an internet board, essentially behind their backs, and your posts show you don't exactly have a high opinion of them. The fact that you see yourself as a "free thinker" could also be indicative of someone who seeks to elevate themselves above those around them, though that might be reading too far into your choice of words.

So you spend all your time just sitting around toodling on the computer making replicas of objects from another show aimed at children? Do you have a group of friends that you hang around with? Do you think people pick on you because you isolate yourself, if you're choosing to sit alone?

I know this sounds callous, but it could be that people are seeing you alone, picking something that you choose to show the world about yourself, and using it to demean you because it's non-mainstream. How you choose to react to this is your decision, however, and trying to be a more social person during your high school time might prevent some of this, and at the same time expose you to experiences that will help you grow as a person and diversify your interests.

Also, little quibble, but I figure worth mentioning since might not have noticed it: you can quote/respond to multiple posts at once using the multiquote button to the right of the quote button.

12. Dncmefrmpelican

I apologise if I went to see HP7 caught a cold got made fun of and am in a very bad mood you highness >.> (hint at my sarcasm)

13. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Try chicken soup, a full night's rest and stop the namecalling. No sarcasm.

14. Dncmefrmpelican

Sorry I used the wrong terminolagy just forget I said free thinker... Yes I have a group of friends that sit there just talking but when my mind gets going on how to improve a toy I just go in a kind of fix :p 

Snd trust me If they insult me while considering themself perfect I try to belittle them , which leads me back to me being a " free thinker" what I meant was creative adaptable and generally happy where as my schools some kind of miserable instutution.
    I apologise if my text sounds glum, splitting headache bad cold then to comehome to see my facebook wall bring mutilated by insults is kind of distressing to a 14 year old.

Also i know about multi quote just got sick of trying to hit it on my ipod

15. Dncmefrmpelican

yes sir

16. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Conversations go like this (In high pitched posh accents):
    Friend of mine: "...Or we could make the goods for our bake sale at his house, and laugh at his children's toys!"
    Me: "More fun than laughing at hand lotion and nudie mags!"
    The girls suddenly surround me.

I've also tried to explain that Hot Shot did not exist before Bumblebee, and that Bumblebee was not created by Michael Bay. Somehow, I managed to bring up Victory, and some chick that was passing by knew exactly what I was talking about, and we started a conversation about Japanese Transformers. My school is so awesome.

17. Dncmefrmpelican

Nice advice thanks.

18. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Holier-than-thou ftl, multiquote ftw.

19. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Just talk about something else. There's more to life than just Transformers.

20. Dncmefrmpelican

I dont constantly chat about transformers...