How do you deal with imperfections in your favorite figures?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ComicGuy89, Nov 25, 2009.

1. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Almost every figure out there has one aspect that pulls it down. Perhaps one loose joint, a cheap accessory, something that doesn't click into place, a part that pops off too easily, etc. (In fact, my most "perfect" figure is Animated Megs)

If you can't customize, how will you console yourself about the figure? Just curious to hear your opinions.

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If it's a figure not in stores anymore, and it's a minor issue, I either deal with it, or try to fix it. If it's a huge issue, and it's not in stores anymore, I buy another one online. If it IS still in stores, I return the one I have, and buy another one.

Phew.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  3. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Buy more than one of the same figure and then simply assemble the best parts together to form your ultimate perfect fav figure.

This is a 'dangerous' thing to do though because at some point you might get so picky, that it becomes an (unhealthy) obsession. I know all about it...lol:eek: 

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Focus on the good...I don't look for perfection.

5. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    If it's a serious flaw, I'll take it back, if it's minor, I'll just keep it.

If it's Megs or Ratchet however, and they're not pretty much perfect, I'll get another and sell the first one. That reminds me, I need another TFA Act. Megs, the one I've got refuses to hold together in alt mode, and leans backwards in bot mode, as if he's been slashed in the stomach :D 

6. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Sometimes I buy another figure if I can't stand the imperfection...

But many times I just let it slide, like my N.E.S.T. Alliance Dx BB which has a sloppy paintjob while the Dx Cannon BB I gave my nephew has an almost perfect paintjob...

Many times you won't see the imperfections until after you have opened the package...

Stores here won't really replace an item if it has minor (to them) imperfections...

If I become too O.C. about the toys' "perfection" it somehow dampens my enthusiasm or joy of collecting...

7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Unless it's seriously screwed up in paint apps or in manufacturing, I will find a way to ignore it.

Although it's because of a defect that I have Universe Inferno. The toy itself is still perfect, save the minor face paint app screw up (it's hardly even noticeable), but the box screamed returned toy (no twist ties!), so I figure it's because of that minor paint screw-up that the Inferno was returned, much to my benifit :D 

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    if its minor i deal with it if its major and not caused by me or someone i let play with it id return it, if its glaring obvious in one mode i display it in the other

9. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I just take it as fact that no single action figure is "perfect." And honestly, it irritates me to see people post about figures and rant about how QC sucks because of a loose ball joint. It happens. People like that should just imagine the odds of what it is they're getting. One toy in any number of thousands is flawed and QC sucks? Come on.

Anyway. I take solace in the fact that toys, like people, are all flawed in one way or another. And really, we can't get a good judge of that from looking in through a clear bubble at an alt mode. If I was buying toys to just bitch and whine about how the toys suck, I may as well just not bother buying them at all. There's no fun in that.

10. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    I return it if its a serious problem. Or if its really just That Damn Annoying and i know the store has more...so return it

11. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I try to ignore it.

Though ROTF Soundwaves loose hips have earned himself a place in the bin >: (

12. ComicGuy89

News Credits:
    Thanks for the replies. Almost all of my figures have at least one problem but I've come to terms with most of them. So far, Animated Megatron is the most perfect, with neither loose joints, parts or anything.

13. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I ignore it unless it is broken, cracked, damaged, etc out of the package.
    *glares at ROTF Scalpel*

Personally I feel that these figures are cheap, mass produced toys and I quite easily overlook sloppy paint (I do examine each one in package to get one that is nicely painted), small defects, etc because these aren't $150+ Soul of Chokogin figures.

14. ComicGuy89

News Credits:
    Haha, I paid $40 for a Takara Telemocha Optimus Primal and he had sloppy paint on his face. Annoyed me, but I've warmed up to him. $40 isn't $150+ after all.

15. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I've yet to run into a problem that has completely ruined a figure for me.

I think the worst one I have is my TFA Swoop has a loose knee joint that can make him tough to stand up. (But not impossible.)
    A part of me has always thought about taking a chance at buying a second one, but...Meh, like I said, the one I have isn't that bad.

16. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I ignore it, unless there's a quick, cheap way to fix it.

The one exception was Universe Ironhide. I bought a second one and did a parts swap because I had already done the back mod.

17. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

[​IMG]

18. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    I usually choose the best one in stores. On the ROTF release day i went through every single sideways and sideswipe to find the best one and every single prime to see the best faceplate paint. And they only have minor imperfections (only on sideways)

19. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    usually if it is loose joints i fix them myself, broken parts i get them replaced, paint apps i'll fix