How do you deal with death....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MaxLinden, Mar 19, 2010.

1. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    The reasons why I wrote that as the title is because there is a good chances my Grandma may die tonight....
    I've been crying for a couple of hours....
    How can I deal with this.

2. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear it man. Stay close with family and those who care about you.

3. Sslaxx

Sslaxx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    winces Any way you can, I guess. Not a fun place to be. Stay safe.

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Sorry to hear that. :( 

When it comes to dealing with death in the family, I generally stay close to family and friends throughout the whole funeral process. I have yet to be by a loved one's side as they lay dying.

It's always an emotional time when a loved one passes away, hence why it's best to stay close to one's family and friends. Lots of support from the entire family and friends generally helps dealing with the loss of a loved one a lot easier than dealing with it all by your lonesome.

5. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    By remembering all of the good times and great moments you had with the person. Death is something that every person on the face of the planet has had to deal with. You are not alone. Celebrate the life and try not to focus on the death.

6. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    man that sucks :cry 

7. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    Time heals all wounds. My dad died when I was 10. It'll get easier, friends and family are there to help you

8. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

whenever i find myself losing a friend or family relative todeath i howl and by that i mean that i literally howl life a wolf

its not something i can do just whenever i want to at any moment of the day or night

for me there must be a certain emotion i experience to trigger it for me

in my case that emotion which triggers it for me happens to be extreme grief

when i howl it comes out long strong loud pure and true

when it happens when i experience that urge to howl

i cant resist it any more then i can resist the urge to breath for that matter

nut then this is comiong from a person ewho has lived his entire life among canines

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

How do I deal with Death? Usually I challenge him to a game of Battleship, but Death is a sore loser. (sorry couldn't resist).

And condolences on your grandfather. When my grandfather died it was during Mardi Gras 98/99, it was the strangest thing to be at his awake and then right outside the funeral parlor was a parade going on with everyone having a good time.

10. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    I'm sorry to hear. It's not easy losing someone you love. Believe me, when my grandma died back in July, her death impacted everyone in my family, especially my mother. But you need to remember that death is just another part of life, and that even though it is tough, we have to move on. Don't think of this as a sad thing, but rather a good thing: she's in a better place now, free from the pain.

11. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    I'm sorry to hear that. I've never really had to deal with the death of someone really close to me yet, but all I can say is to take it one step at a time, one day at a time. You'll have friends and family who'll support and share in your grief.

The important thing to know is that the pain will dissipate eventually. Good luck.

12. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    I am sorry to hear this as my grandmother passed away just over a month ago.:( 

And i don't know if this helps but, as long "as" she is remembered by at least one person she will live on.

13. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

I will let the great Tom Hanks speak for me, from "Sleepless in Seattle":

And then there's this recent song by Orianthi that talks about death:

14. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Hey, I lost my sister exactly a week ago. I know what you're going through. Be strong and cherish the time spent with family, it'll help you through the mourning process and find closure. It's not easy, but time heals everything.

o_O 

And I thought this place couldn't get wierder :lol 

15. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    Man, death is such a hard thing to deal with. I lost my dad when I was 16, and it was one of the toughest times of my life. Stay close to your family, because right now they need you just as much as you need them. Stay busy. Use this time to really focus in on work, school, hobbies, etc. Take a class, travel, read a book, write a book. If someone offers to help you in any way, take them up on it.

That's the best advice I can give. My thoughts are with you.

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    be with your family and friends and remember the good time you had with with your grandmother, the pain will pass in time.

17. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I'm so sorry. Grandmothers are so very hard to lose. I know mine was. Just let it all out. Don't keep any of it bottled up, because grief can eat you alive if you let it. Don't be ashamed of your tears and just let them out. And hold on to those moments that made you love her, because they're yours to cherish and no one can take them away from you. Try to keep something precious to you that belonged to her, like a broach or even a piece of paper with her writing on it. Doesn't matter, so long as you have something that helps you keep her memory.

18. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I guess given the situation, Ive dealt with it differently. For the funerals of my grandparents, I was obviously emotional. But, Ive also seen people die in front of me twice on 2 seperate occassions. One, I was working at a club, got off the shift and saw a guy get shot in his vehicle. What happened next was surreal as cops came and the guy took off. The second time was at my part time current job where we had a patient with a brain tumor go brain dead. I was kinda beside myself that time.

19. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Sorry to hear about your Grandma. Time will be your best friend & worst enemy.

Just imagine her smiling down on you, while wanting you not to worry about her.
    It's probably what she's doing. The beautiful thing is she's in a good place. The hard part is you can't actually see her with your own eyes.

Get the old albums out if needed, letting all the tears out will be healthy, and does'nt make you any less of a man.

20. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    As I said in the other thread, coming to terms with this is going to be very personal, and you'll need to find your own way. The advice given in this thread might help, might not, but it all comes with good intentions, so take it as such, and hopefully it will help.

The only advice I can give has already been posted, more or less. Draw support from those around you when you feel you need to, and give support to those around you when you feel you can. Take things slowly, one day at a time, and focus on the things you can do something about, instead of letting the things you can't help consume your thoughts. Above all else, know that its okay to feel the way you do, however you feel. Grief is different for every person, and even for the same person, it can cross a wide spectrum of emotions. Let them come, deal with them, and take as much time as you feel you need to do so. Talk with people around you, tell them how you feel, if only to use them as a sounding board for your own thoughts. Listen to the people around you as well, not only to help them, but because they might have something to tell you that you need to hear. It's going to be a tough time, but you can get through it. All the people in the thread who've posted before me are proof that there are others out there who believe you can do it.