How do you count your collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OptimusSolo, Feb 8, 2007.

1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    When I went to put the count on my collection on this page at first i simply counted my figures. But I started thinking about it and had a few questions as to what others use as their "Official Count"

#1 - Do you count Soundwave and Ravage (Original version) as 1 or two since they were packaged together. Likewise the new version do you count as 1 or 3 since he comes with 2 tapes. (i say you count it as 2 and 3)

#2 - How do you count Figures like the Headmaster Autobots where there head was actually a mini figure. (I would say you only count this as 1 since the figure is not complete without his head)

#3 - How do you count figures like the Targetmasters since they have a little figure but they do not have to have it to be a whole figure since the little figure only forms a gun. ( I still think this would only count as 1)

#4 - How do you count Pretenders - 1 or 2 (I think 1 again)

#5 - Finally, how do you count the combiners. For example, the aerialbots have 5 figures BUT once you have all 5 now you can form a new figure Superion. SO, if you have the whole set I think it should count as 6 and not just 5. Because, until you got the 5th figure you didnt have Superion.

What does everyone else count. I have a feeling that some of the people on here that list pretty high number for their collection are abusing some of these questions to get a higher count. Also I dont believe you can count duplicate figures. I have 2 perceptors from G1 but i only count 1 of them. What does everyone else think????

2. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    I mean not offence when i say this , but i think you might just be over thinking this just a touch. it's up to the ppl how they count there collection if you got 2 grimlock's then you got 2 grimlock's. better question do you count repaints ??? The Seekers, 2 or 6 ??? What about Punch and Counter-Punch ??? it just seems like spliting hairs to me

3. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I count them like this:

One! One Transformer! Ah-ah-ah!
    TWO! Two Transfomers! Ah-ah-ah!

...and so forth.

4. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:

LOL, nicely said

5. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    He was packaged w/ Buzzsaw, mate. Since they stand alone as two separate bots, they are counted as 2 in my book.

6. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Hehe, I do regular count.

7. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

if it has it's own head, it's 1 bot.
    headmasters = 1
    targetmaster = 2
    combiners = how ever many they need to make it,
    micromasters are 1 each
    metroplex counts as 3 ( metro, scamper, 6-gun)
    trypticon counts as 2 ( full titl and trypt)
    scorponok counts as 2 ( scorp, fastrack)
    reflector counts as 3
    doubles get counted
    minicons get counted 1 each, regardles of team,
    i do include KO's in my collection count.

8. bw_rhinox

bw_rhinox Well-Known Member

1 - Soundwave and Buzzsaw = 2

2 - Headmaster + heads = 2

3 - Targetmaster + gun = 2

4 - Pretenders = 1

5 - Combiners (Aerialbots) = 5

Duplicates = 1

9. theLostSeeker

theLostSeeker Well-Known Member

I agree. Except if it's G1 Ratchet & Ironhide…

10. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    I count mine very simply, I keep a database/spreadsheet of all the TFs I own that includes name, faction, toy line, class, alt. mode, ect. Each TF gets its own entry, if a TF comes w/ a mini-con, the TF and the mini-con each get its own entry along with a note by each one that indicates that each was issued with the other. If I have duplicates each duplicate gets its own entry, because there is probably a differance between the two; for example I have 2 20th Primes, one opened and one MISB, each Aerialbot gets its own entry along with its combined form of Superion (same for all combiners), KOs do get entered but are noted under "toy line" as G1 KO, or Robot Master KO, ect. And when it comes time to get a count, I just look at the number of records on my spreadsheet. I don't do this as a way to boost my "number", but it's an easy way to keep a detailed account of my collection and in the process it just happens to give me a number that I can use as my "count", rather than going through and counting them all by hand, as this number is always changing. It seems on average that I am always waiting for at least 5-6 to arrive in the mail from other board members, online stores, eBay, ect so as I get them in, I enter them into my spreadsheet and my count number changes.

11. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Integers.

12. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    #1 - Do you count Soundwave and Ravage (Original version) as 1 or two since they were packaged together. Likewise the new version do you count as 1 or 3 since he comes with 2 tapes. (i say you count it as 2 and 3) I would count them separately, different characters.

#2 - How do you count Figures like the Headmaster Autobots where there head was actually a mini figure. (I would say you only count this as 1 since the figure is not complete without his head) Headmaster = 1

#3 - How do you count figures like the Targetmasters since they have a little figure but they do not have to have it to be a whole figure since the little figure only forms a gun. ( I still think this would only count as 1) Target master = 1

#4 - How do you count Pretenders - 1 or 2 (I think 1 again) Count as One as they are incomplete without the pair

#5 - Finally, how do you count the combiners. For example, the aerialbots have 5 figures BUT once you have all 5 now you can form a new figure Superion. SO, if you have the whole set I think it should count as 6 and not just 5. Because, until you got the 5th figure you didnt have Superion. individual figures, so count them separately

In terms of the new figures I think It is fine to could each mini-con as an individual figure.

13. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1 - Soundwave and Buzzsaw = 2

2 - Headmaster + heads = 1 cause it's not complete with out the head

3 - Targetmaster + gun = 1 cause it's not complete with out the gun

4 - Powermaster + motor = 1 cause it's not complete with out the motor

5 - Pretenders = 1

6 - Combiners (Aerialbots) = 5, unless you have a 2nd set that set together as superion then I count it as 6, buit some or say 10

14. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I count pretty much the same as gen1fan.

To add to that, teams are all separate,

Micromaster Patrols = 4
    Micromaster Squads (those combining little dudes) = 6
    Minicons teams = 3

Micromaster bases are counted by micromasters, the base is a base, I'm counting the characters. Oddly I was just updating my spreadsheet to include all the new recent TF's I've picked up, and I'm slightly shy of 500 now.

15. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I count each transforming robot as one and never count anyone twice. That means that Devastator is 6, Headmasters are 2, Targetmasters 2, Soundwave and Laserbeak are 2, Optimus Prime and Roller are 2, Armada Hot Shot and Jolt are 2, Reflector is 3, Beast Wars Magnaboss is only 1 because the 3 parts do not transform into anything on their own. This makes it very easy to keep track of my stuff. I hope that it helps.

16. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If it is mearly a needed tool for the larger bot (Power/Head/Targetmaster) then it is not counted. TM Hot Rod would be 1, but the gun would not.

Stand alone partners like minicons are individuals. Hot Shot and Jolt equal two bots.

Two and three packs are counted as two or three.

If it is a combiner then I only count the individuals, not the gestault. Stunticons only = 5 as Menasor is not counted.

17. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

By individual figures, but I don't count duplicates, which I have several of, mainly for spare parts and kitbashing.

18. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

wow, first person EVAR that I've seen that counts em the way I do.

19. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy Señor Member TFW2005 Supporter

I'm with Team Jetfire.

Headmaster +head =1
    Targetmaster+gun guy =1
    They are not complete head/targetmasters with there counterpart.

20. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

1) I count the tape decks and cassettes separately

2) I count headmasters and their heads as one (since you can't have a complete bot without the head)

3) Same as the Headmasters (the weapon bots are just an accessory to the main bot)

4) One shell plus one bot = one bot

5) I count each combiner team as five bots (or however many bots are in the team)

I count duplicates, I count each minicon 3 pack as 3 bots, and I count Armada bots that came with minicons as two bots (though I think that is kind of a stretch, since you are supposed to use the minicon to activate some of the features).