How do you combine Wingblade with Cybertron Optimus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mightion, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Mightion

Mightion There is ALWAYS room.

News Credits:
    My TRU Wingblade arrived today, and the instructions don't show how to combine him with Cybertron Optimus, and even the powers of Google thwart me when I look for Cybertron Wingsaber's instructions online.

anyone know where I can find a scan of Wingsaber's instructions? Hasbro's site doesn't have them, either. :( 

Thanks in advance. :) 

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Dont have the instructions... but this might work

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Basically, he goes into jet mode, you fold back the cockpit like you're forming robot mode (near the robot head, there's a panel that flips up for the cockpit to rest on), you lift up the arms, and his chest pulls forward on it's little arm pieces to make the big robot's chest. Also, the wings fold out to double their size.

On Optimus, you put him into supermode, then take off the backpack. Wingblade attaches to the back, there should be a part that sits in the groove below the lever to raise the head. Then you just attach the part that makes the chest over his body.

It's not mega-hard, the whole jet basically forms new wings.

4. Mightion

Mightion There is ALWAYS room.

News Credits:
    Edit: Okay, the video was nice, but it was much easier to figure out starting in jet mode.... I didn't know what to do with WB's legs.

Okay, the combined form looks really good... not quite as good as it if was Wing Saber, but a worthy substitute that won't require dropping a c-note or more on Ebay. :) 

Thanks for the help!

Oh yeah... that post behind WB's head... is that what that's for? The cockpit doesn't seem to lock into it; is it supposed to?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  5. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

The thing that flips up behind his head pegs into the bottom of the cockpit so that it can point mostly forward without whacking the top of his noggin.