How do you celebrate Xmas?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eagc7, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    I work and don't celebrate.

2. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Eat, drink, and be merry.

3. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    with my family, inlaws...and my dogs...my loved ones :)  and good food and gifts

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been traveling and visiting my sister for Christmas for the past seven years.

But used to every Christmas Eve, we would have a huge get together at my Grandparents house. My aunt, uncles and cousins would all be there. But it all ended when my grandmother passed away three years ago.

But this Christmas, but it will happen on Dec 28th, we will have another get family together for the first time in four years.

5. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

My Dad and I visit my aunt/uncle who live 3 miles down the road on Christmas Eve. Aunt cook's us an awesome meal and we open up some presents. Presents are usually ones from/for aunt/uncle/cousins/cousins-wives.
    Then on Christmas morning, Dad and I will open the rest that we got for each other. Then, if weather permitting we'll usually head out to the local flying field and fly our RC airplanes/helicopters. Or just sit home and watch football or whatever.

6. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    The same thing we do everynight: try to take over the world!

But no, no, in all seriousness in a vain attempt to avoid my family I tend to lock myself in the bathroom and trip out on lsd.

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    were back to december, time to bring this back

8. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I watch Christmas specials/movies and I listen to Christmas songs until December 25. Every year on Christmas Eve, we go to my grandparents house and open up their presents to us. After that, we exchange one gift that we bought for each other. When I wake up on Christmas morning, I open my presents while watching A Christmas Story on TV. Then, we eat our Christmas dinner. I also stay in my pajamas all day.

9. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just like any other day

10. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    Well, on Christmas Eve, I generally go to my Grandma's house and/or out to eat somewhere. I drink my own weight in Diet Coke, then we go home where I generally get a small prezzie to open. Then I act like a jackass on the Internet until the wee hours of the morning until I lay my ass down to dream about sugarplums.

Then I awake Christmas morning, exchange prezzies, and then go to grandma's for more prezzies. Basic stuff.

11. 13 Primes

13 Primes Well-Known Member

It's just going to be me and My Family We Always stay up and
    Open our Presents on the 24th at Midnight :D 

and then Christmas Morning we go to the Movies :) 

Only 15 days Left till Christmas! :D 

12. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I visit my sister and her family every Christmas since 2004 up in Northern Alabama. I'm hoping we all go to Huntsville to see the Christmas displays.

On Christmas Eve, my niece is a having a Christmas party at her house way out into the countryside near Crossville, AL.

13. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Usually by spending way too much money & trying to cram as much shit as possible onto a tree.

14. megatron66

megatron66 OD'd on candy

Well, I usually go to my cottage with my family, but this year Im going to New Orleans for Christmas and Texas for New years.

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    It's evolved over the last ten years. Used to be horrible so I'd avoid it. These days we have my little niece over for the day so it's somewhat all about the magic for kiddies again. This year things will change again as my girlfriend will be staying here over Christmas for the first time.

Generally though we like a lie-in. I do at least because I'll be doing the final bits and pieces of preparation long after midnight. Maybe roll back out around 10am and cook something for breakfast. I'm a fan of bacon sandwiches with ketchup for Crimbo brekkie. That'll see us through until the main meal later. Some preparations for starting cooking dinner will happen. Some other family will arrive and we'll have a cuppa char and then open gifts. My elder sister will go off to work after for a few hours so we'll go carry on cooking. When she gets back it's time for dinner, around 3.30pm. An hour later that's usually done and I'll clear up if my mother has a shift to work that night (starting at 8pm). Sometime between then and then hopefully I'll get to watch the Doctor Who Christmas special. I'll drop my mother off at work for 8pm and then I can finally enjoy a proper drink, which is about the only time of year I have alcohol. I'll usually then spend the rest of the evening watching telly and chatting to my girlfriend online or by phone, but since she's here this time we'll hug up and watch telly and glug some vino. After that it's cosy duvet time. :) 

I'm not one for going all-out on big celebrations. For the most part it's a matter of trying to fit around people's schedules if they have to work that day. I like it peaceful and chilled.

Back when I was a nipper my parents would leave a present at the end of each of our beds Christmas Eve once we'd gone to sleep so if we woke up early we'd open that rather than wake everyone up at 3am demanding gifts. That doesn't happen anymore. Maybe if we had kids staying over Christmas Eve night it might, but we're all old farts in my house now.

16. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I actually haven't celebrated Christmas in a long time (or any other holiday for that matter). I've lived on my own for a while now. I have to say....its quiet and peaceful :)  So if enjoying this peace is a celebration in and of itself....then I guess I'll retract my previous statement.

17. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    If I lived on my own I'd skip all the hoo-hah too.

18. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Its actually pretty nice. It affords you time to really think about the past year.....life in general....and about the people in your life and whether or not you really should want them in it or not. Something I find a lot of people I've met, don't do these days until its too late.

19. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For my family and I, going to church is the crucial part of the event, so we go to church on Christmas morning or, if we're feeling a bit more spirited, we try to go at midnight.

Aside from that, we have a nice dinner, and gift-opening usually happens at night. The rest of Christmas day, we don't really do much, just sitting at home and relaxing.

20. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This year we'll be spending Christmas in Bolivia, and my family from the UK will be coming to visit. On the 24th we'll go over to the in-laws for a party/fancy dinner affair with all of the extended family, followed by a feeding frenzy of present opening at midnight. We'll then go to sleep back at our house, and on the morning of the 25th there will be a small present swap between myself, my wife and our visitors from the UK, then over to the in-laws for lunch. We'll all reconvene in the evening to open the last of the presents, and then those who want to go to church can.