How do you buy your figures?complete, loose, MIb

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TFormerfan, Nov 23, 2009.

1. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

How do you buy your figures? loose but complete, MISB or MIB do you keep them in box? Do you buy them incomplete.

Personly if I buy a transformer it has to be complete or I won't buy it. Unless I buy it very cheap.

2. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

It depends. If the price is decent, I might as well go for MISB/MOSC if I can. Loose & Complete is ideal, but I could really care less about Energon Stars or Cyber-Planet Keys/Force Chips. So if they're missing those, no big deal.

That said though, I buy most older figures for bashing purposes and don't collect G1 figures specifically.

3. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

It depends on what I want it for. Most of what I buy is stuff that's just coming out in stores, so MIB, but I wanted a G2 Prime w/trailer to display (like the black trailer), so I bought the cheapest non-broken one I could find. No fists, guns, box, or instructions, but that wasn't what I was after. I wanted one to sit on my shelf without having to worry about damaging an expensive old toy.

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    it depends if its something new in store its of course MISB, most i do not keep the boxes for however but i do keep the tech specs and bio from the packaging, vintage mostly loose to loose and complete

5. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As I only collect G1 or G1 reissues it's pretty simple for me:
    Original G1 - loose/complete
    Reissues - MIB or MISB

6. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    I like to keep my Transformers G1 MIB...

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I usually aim for TFs that are new in stores. I will buy the occasional loose or MIB/MISB TF from a fellow board member, though.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I usually go with whichever one is cheapest. Sometimes I may want them complete, but its not always a dealbreaker.

9. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I don't care as long as it complies with these:

1. Must be complete (if it's missing a missile I don't really care or instructions).

2. Must be in decent to mint condition.

If it complies, I'll buy.

10. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

It Depends on the Figure , Depends on the Character, Depends of how much , and Depends on haw rare it is .

11. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

I buy the new stuff MISB and keep it that way. I'm always glad for the chance to get my son the new stuff so I can play with it. There are some things, like reissues, that I try to buy MISB for long-term collecting. G1 MISB is too expensive, so I look for loose, in good shape and complete if not too expensive. Unicron trilogy I'm looking for loose to display. I have a few MISB, but I'm really not looking to get too deep into UT MISB because pretty soon I'd be trying to get every mold MISB and that would be too expensive. Same with RID.

12. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most of the stuff I buy is new at retail, so I buy it MISB and then open it up and throw the box away.

For vintage stuff, I generally prefer loose complete, particularly for G1 stuff where "OMG, it's got teh bawx!" seems to basically double the price. I rarely keep boxes for anything, so I'm not paying extra for something useless I'm just going to throw away. As far as "complete", I don't care too much about minor chrome wear and sticker quality doesn't concern me at all since it's easy enough to get Reprolabels sets. I usually want to get all of the accessories for a figure, but I'm willing to buy something that's missing a small, non-essential accessory if it's a great deal.

13. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Since I have zero interest for G1 toys and whatnot, for any current releases, I prefer loose since the box\card will just get thrown away but I will get charged for having it shipped to me.

I only keep the boxes for japanese releases and only if they're different from the US versions. I tossed out MA-21 Battle Convoy's box [but nowadays regret it, to be honest] since it was identical to the US boxart\text\layout.

Won't make the same mistake for Buster Convoy...>_>

I judge each item case by case in whether or not I want it complete or with instructions. If I want a mould I already have, I don't want the instructions.

14. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    i always want my toys to be mip/moc, the packaging doesn't have to be perfectly mint, but the toys should be mint...

i almost always throw away the cards/boxes, but keep the instructions/freebies (stickers, cards, etc.) in a clearbook for easy reference...

15. Rhapsody_Prime

Rhapsody_Prime ...such Heroic Nonsence.

I want every toy I purchase to be in excellent condition and complete down to the last missile. I keep the larger boxes and the cardboard stocks minus the plastic bubble for smaller figures. I keep all instructions and accessories together in a ziplock bag then place them in a shoe box (for now). In the case of G1 and older toys, I would like them in good condition and complete. I realize it can be hard to find old toys from any line in good condition. I also collect the Crystar, the Crystal Warrior line and finding those figure complete, let alone tight and unbroken, is next to impossible.

End of Line

16. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All of the above sir.

New stuff on the shelves I usually buy new.

Old stuff I try loose and complete

17. Irony

Irony fangirl

When I buy something at a local shop, it's obviously MiSB (till we get home). They do not give a discount for opened figures :(  When taking something from an auction, I only care for the figure itself. I already bought a G1 Laserbeak with a broken neck and a G1 Rumble with a broken leg. Next time their former owner saw them, he asked if he may transform Rumble :)  they healed very well. And I grow attached to the figure I bring back to its original and well deserved glory.

18. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    Anything G1 or BW has to be complete & in good-nick because I'm one of those people who hate searching online for obscure/hard-to-find accessories... To me, complete = all accessories & in good-condition. If it comes with the instructions/original packaging, that's a bonus.

When it comes to new figures, I keep the instructions & throw the packaging out. Today's TF-packaging just doesn't have the same charm of the old stuff... heh

19. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I usually only buy Loose unless I have to buy MIB or MISB.

I'd rather have zero packaging and save some bucks.:thumbs2: 

20. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    usually in box unless I can get a complete cheap ones loose, then I'm all for it.

and usually online too, TFs in my country cost double and almost triple than the states