How do you balance out Classics "War" of autobots and decepticons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by exomega255, Feb 24, 2011.

1. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    looking at the wheeljack + Warpath pics thread it seems to me that the autobots outnumber decepticons in the classics realm by a lot.

It seems like the only thing that is offsetting it for me, is an army of seekers. But then, with the release of Wreckgar, the scale is once again very tipped to the autobot's side in terms of numbers. You can't just keep on getting scourges and seekers.... I mean, decepticons should have numbers AND variety!

Anyone have any opinion or how you guys balance the force?

edit:: to be fair, Decepticons have FP Bruticus and sooner or later, TFC Devy to help them...

2. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Moderator

News Credits:
    I just keep telling myself that it takes two Autobots to take down one Decepticon. :thumb 

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I have noticed this recently, especially as I've been setting up my classics shelves. I have got one shelf for Autobots and one for Decepticons, and while there might be room for a handful more Decepticons, my Autobots shelf is crammed to breaking point!

I guess the reason for the disparity in numbers is that Hasbro figures kids love to buy the toys of the good guys more than the bad guys, so they are produced in greater quantities/variety of characters.

Don't forget also, that in G1 (which classics etc is based upon after all) there were far more Autobots than Decepticons, particularly in the earlier years, including lots of mini-Autobots.

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I suppose it wouldn't be a problem if Decepticons starts to get their powerhouse in, like shockwave and their combiners (I do believe they have a lot more of those than autobots)

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

It's just a question of sheer space. I really have no idea how I will even fit one more Autobot onto my shelf! I might have to split the display up into 1984-85 characters and movie-season 3/4. Unicron and Primus have already been bumped to their own shelf because they were taking up too much space (no pun intended).

6. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Well for starters the Decepticons should have Soundwave, and Shockwave. It seems odd that we're getting all the tapes except Laserbeak before Soundwave himself in Classics style. A Blitzwing and Constructicons would also balance out the main team from the first couple seasons. The Insecticons would do that too. The problem seems to be that Hasbro's not doing Classics Combiner teams, and I don't think they'd release all of the Insecticons all at once since they're so similar to the eye of the general audience, who are the kids.

7. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    actually thinking about this, then I guess when summer arrives it should be more balanced?

We are getting

TFC Devy (parts of it anyways)
    Insecticons from FP
    Frenzy and Rumble from RTS (well we get those before then)

8. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

While the numbers are squarely in favor of the Autobots, Decepticons almost all transform into weapons of war. Apart from classics Jetfire that is bristling with weapons and universe Powerglide who is a military plane, other autobots are what? Cars and trucks mostly. On the other hand, Decepticons are planes, tanks and other military vehicles with a few trucks and whatnot dispersed here and there.

9. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't forget to add PE's Reflector to this mix and that will make the odds a bit better.

10. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With the next five Fansproject figures being inspired by Decepticons, my display is about to be a lot more balanced.

11. Starfire22

Starfire22 I am dirty dan!

News Credits:
    Looks like I need a LOT of dreads then.

12. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, when I look at my collection the Autobots do outnumber the Decepticons. However, I recall, the first few 1 wave the original series has more bots than cons i.e. MTMTE cast. I wished the Classics was released by seasons. For example, wave 1, 2,3 would include the cast of MTMTE, then subsequent waves will be season 2 TFs etc.

Anyway, one can "army build" the Sweeps to bolster the ranks of the Decepticons! That's my plan anyway! X)

13. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    yeah... but I don't want like 20 identical mold :p  I think about 8-10 is enough

14. shunquan

shunquan ACID STORMER

News Credits:
    My sunstreaker and mirage are in the con's side base on idw events

15. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

I put included Lugnut (Animated till my RTS version comes in), Vohrak (Bionicle) and other Decepticons from other lines to upset the defecit.

16. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    the problem when Lugnut comes in, is that Grapple is also here. So I am really hoping for some decepticon heavy classics waves

17. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have my collection grouped into Autobots vs Decepticons from all lines, so it doesn't really bother me.

18. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

I actually did a count the other day, and my Autobots and Decepticons are almost even. I'm at roughly 50 each. Only a few more autobots than Decepticons so my set-up is golden!

19. Rod Forrester

Rod Forrester The Abandoner

I am totally cool with the WFC Soundwave standing in on my Classics shelf. I don't think we need another one, but that's just me.

20. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My additions are/are going to be

3x chms ko henkei clone airwarrior's
    PE reflector
    PE Rumble and frenzy
    PE laserbeak and buzzsaw
    PE reflector (thats 3 mote bots)
    3xfansproject insecticons
    TFclub devy

That will leave the cons and bots with an even number of troop suprisingly enough (i sperate my s1 figs from my s3 figs)