How do you arrange your collection?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wolfdawg, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yesterday, I decided to make a bit of room in my collection for the Fall of Cybertron stuff (mainly, the SDCC Bruticus). Now, my collection set up has always been really random. I never grouped my figures by alliance or line. I just crammed figures wherever they could fit. I was always a little sad that I couldn't have individual shelves designated for individual lines. However, while dusting and making room, I decided to at least give it a shot. What I actually ended up doing was making each shelf designated for 3-4 different lines of figures. For example, one shelf would have movie-verse, G1, and Rescue Bots figures. Another shelf would hold PRID/FE, G2, and Armada figures. It took ALL day yesterday, and a few hours of today, but I love how everything is coherent! I have figures from almost all lines of Transformers. G1, G2, Machine Wars, Beast Wars, Beast Wars Neo, Beast Wars 2, Universe repaints, Robot Masters, Beast Machines, RID, Alternators/Binaltech, Alternity, Revoltech, Hybrid Style, Power Core Combiners, Classics, G2 Redux, Shattered Glass, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Titanium, Music Label, Hearts of Steel (Knight Morpher), WfC/FoC, Rescue Bots, Bot Shots, Robot Heroes, WST, PRID/FE, Masterpiece, Kreo, Animated and Movie-Verse.

tl;dr

Just wondering how everyone else arranges their collection.

2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    By what line they are in. I've got a CHUG shelf, an Animated shelf, a TFP shelf, and two movie shelves.

3. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Everythings by which line its in i dont mix at all!

4. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

Currently, I only have a couple of display shelves. As such, I have one devoted to Animated (though it also has my Bot Shots and GoBots on it), one devoted to Prime, and a third shelf that's kind of 'catch-all', since the rest of the figures I have don't have the strong, stylized aesthetic that TFA and TFP do. Currently, that shelf has a mix of CHUG, RiD, MP, BM, and Unicron Trilogy figures.

My wife has a smaller shelf of her own, but it's mostly CHUG, movie, and Cybertron figures.

5. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

All in boxes, in my loft. Among the pipes and mice.

6. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

In tupperware bins

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Series and faction on shelves. There are 5 Billy shelves and 1 large Dining Room Glass shelf. All this is basically full which means I really need to start my first great purge.

8. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Like this

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Season 1 and 2 Autobots on one shelf, with season 3 Autobots on a shelf next to them.
    All my Prime stuff on one shelf.
    Season 1 and 2 Decepticons on one shelf, season 3 Decepticons on another nearby shelf
    And some random crap on a bookshelf I have.

10. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn those are some big beautiful shelves! I only have 2 big bookshelves and 2 small ones, and even the big ones look small compared to those! What kind of book shelves are those, if you don't mind my asking?

11. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've got an MP/Alt shelf, a tf prime shelf, an tf animated shelf, a classics autobot shelf, a classics decepticon shelf (which is basically megatron and a bunch of seekers), a movie shelf (which is 95% Human Alliance) and a WFC/FOC shelf...then I have a MOSC/MISB shelf of stuff that I haven't had time to open. cyberverse/legends don't get displayed because my kid plays with them every day

12. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    The 18 I like are in bot mode in a shelf, the 21ish that I don't like are atuck in alt mode until I get either a paypal account and/or an eBay account.

13. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

This is why I can't see people's MISB/MOSC collections. My mind screams at me to set the plastic buggers free :lol 

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    Mostly by line...I do mix some G2 with my G1 overflow shelf and Universe 1.0 releases either goes with Beast Wars if they're beasts or RiD if they're not. Beast Machines are split that way too. Beasts are with Beasts, Vehicles with Vehicles. Except for the BW2 Vehicles...I felt compelled to put them with the Beasts for some reason. It worked out better space-wise that way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I built them. You can go to Lowes/Home Depot and buy the pieces to assemble them. You can make them any size you want. The shelves do sag if you go too large though. They are 12-18" deep depending on which you make.

Everything in a sealed box has a free twin on a shelf.

16. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WOW!!!! very nice

17. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I arrange them by line. For Animated figures, I use this shelf and basket
    [​IMG]
    I found this baby at Burlington's Coat Factory.

18. TFfanmaiku

TFfanmaiku The robot and brony guy!

I arrange by season 1 and season 2 cast on one shelf. Beast Wars figures on another shelf.

19. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I arrange by line and faction. The 3 movies blend together into one line in my collection (although I do mostly seperate the legends and the mainline stuff), the same for Classics/Universe/Generations is one line on my shelves.

20. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    All my G1 stuff is together - most of my Machine Wars stuff is shoved in with all the Vehicle flipchangers & G2 Cyberjet repaints fm various lines, much of the rest is all muddled up though - more often things are grouped by size than by line.

Consistently though most of the time the moulds that seem to gravitate to the front are AEC & Third Party ones.

Rescuebots humans look good with Myclones though I just noticed.

Much of my Movie toys are not on display but in storage. except for the Legions toys and the odd one I like to keep out like Incinerator.