How do you arm/display FP Bruticus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TFao, Apr 5, 2011.

?

How do you display/arm your FP Bruticus?

1. standard FP config, Bruticus

66.7%
  2. standard FP config, Combaticons, bot mode

1.3%
  3. standard FP config, Combaticons, vehicle mode

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. custom config, Bruticus

12.8%
  5. custom config, Combaticons, bot mode

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. custom config, Combaticons, vehicle mode

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. combination (vehicle & bot modes)

2.6%
  8. constantly changing

6.4%
  9. Display??? What the HELL are you babbling about?

10.3%
  1. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm so late to the FP Bruticus party, but as I mentioned in another thread, I was only just recently able to "swindle" a ROTF Bruticus Maximus from my cousin's son. After it was in my grasp, I ran to BBTS and placed my order for Munitioner and Explorer.

Anyway, while I was living vicariously through all of the reviews and pics posted by you all since this thing released, I noticed that there are COUNTLESS variations on how to configure the weapons/add-ons from this set in the various modes (bot/vehicle/combiner).

So for this thread, I'd like you all to post the different configurations that you were able to discover, either on your own or from other sources.

Also I included a poll to see the different ways you display the Combaticons or The Brut. I figure that 90% are displayed as Bruticus, but it will be cool to see what the numbers really are. I myself keep Swindle and Blastoff in bot mode (they are both just way too filled with poseable goodness to be left in vehicle/combined mode) while the other Combaticons remain in vehicle mode with the FPweapons/add-ons shuffled to my own personal liking... like so

[​IMG]

Brawl gets the "hand" cannons that were, to me anyways, "just there" attached to Onslaughts sides. I prefer them over the backends of Brut's shotguns too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vortex gets Brut's shotguns (seperated of course) and loses the missle racks. My hinges on the missle racks were a little droopy, plus I like the lines this gives his Vehicle mode much better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally, Onslaught gets the missle racks added to his double cannons with out losing any range of motion. I don't really like the way the sniper rifle lays on it's side on top of the cannons, but it's what keeps the missle racks in place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll throw in a couple shots of the big guy himself, just because I don't think I put enough pics in this thread. :lol 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking and participating in the poll. Hope you enjoyed my very first thread.

2. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Thanks for the votes, but where are the pics? I know I've come across more than a few different ways to use the FP add-ons for the different modes.

3. azdragon58

azdragon58 Well-Known Member

I have mine fully combined... This is how he is displayed...

[​IMG]

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    TJ is coming...

For me, I currently have "The Brute" in a cool pose shooting his cannons. I also keep the rifle barrel back and it looks like an assault riffle rather than a sniper rifle.

When I put them in vehicle mode I put the sniper rifle into that mode and put it on Brawl to give my tank a main gun that doesn't look as weird. However now seeing this I'll be adding the "hand guns" as well if they'll fit.

I can't take any pictures at the moment though.

5. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Nope. Saw this earlier and didn't even think twice about it. I'm actually sick of taking those things off of the shelf.

6. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

my Bruticus has his sniper rifle propped back over his shoulder in his right hand,and WST Shockwave in his left.

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can completely understand that.
    I was expecting you to repost some of the amazing shots you've taken perhaps.

Anywho this thread is cool.

8. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Yea. I understand. I'm just not really into the bragging thing, and that's what I feel like I'd be doing taking it there. That's why I just keep my photos to the cool stuff, and the like.

I think this is a neat thread too though. I can always appreciate people showing love for a set I think kicks ass enough to have bought multiples of.

9. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

I have mine in standard FP set-up, but I have a Universe Barricade in package that I have thought about opening and using as the centerbot.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Standard Bruticus combination. I never even thought about putting WST Shockwave in its hand, may have to do that when I get home.

11. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    I think I'm the only one who displays the "Brut" in vehicle modes... Personal preference...haha..

[​IMG]

12. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wst shockwave and mp primes mini megatron

Attached Files:

13. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

That is exactly the reason I started this thread, to share ideas people have come up with and try them out on your own Brut.

I'm sure you figured it out on your own but to attach the "hand" cannons you use the tabs on the thumbside of the gaunlets that you can attach Brut's knife/Blastoff's sword to.

Why not just snap a shot of them on the shelves, if possible?

Now that's an even better idea than a shelf shot.

And thanks, I think it would be even cooler if more ideas were shared,with or with out picks. I've heard mention of some sort of "drone" configuration?

Again, my intentions were more for a show and tell kind of sharing of info and pics. I don't think that's bragging at all. At least I wouldn't take it that way.

And thanks again, I think it would be neater if you shared some of your pics. I mean since they have been built up so much. ;)  Just kidding, but I really would like to see some of them. And you're totally right... this set is an absolute ASS KICKER!!!

I keep all of the original Combaticons in vehicle mode. But Swindle and Blastoff, IMHO, deserve to be posed in all their 18 pointed glory. :bowdown:  Also, I noticed you didn't cast your vote since there are no votes for standard config or custom config vehicle modes. Unless you went with combination?

I must say that I am seriously shocked that standard FP Bruticus is hovering somewhere around 60% in the poll so far. I was sure it would be at least 80%+.

14. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Well, ok. Here sre the three I own in bot mode:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, here are the two extras I have with no upgrades. I'm still figuring out whether to buy two more bruticii or just sell them:

[​IMG]

15. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

HOLY CRAP!!!

Magnificent pics TJ, thanks for sharing! I especially love the dual knives. Simply AWESOME!

On an unrelated note, I forgot to point out that in Bruticus mode, I like to fold Vortex's arms down to his sides. I think it gives Brut a bit more symmetry when looking at him head on and covers up the conecting tabs on his fuselage a bit. Any thoughts?

I also noticed that TJ turns out Onslaught/Barricade's thigh conectors, as do I. You lose the knee caps but overall I like this better as well. Is this universally considered the prefered way?

16. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There should also be an option for "do you display it with the flaps open or closed"

[​IMG]

17. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

In my estimation, that would be a custom config, Bruticus.

Just like what I mentioned in my earlier post about prefering to fold down Vortex's arms in stead of pointing them stright up, it's a subtle difference but certainly not the way FP's instruction booklet shows how to display Bruticus. Even all of Tj's pics I would personally consider to be custom configs since none of them are exactly the way FP intended them to be configured.

Thanks for sharing that config though anubis20. Much appreciated.:thumbs2: 

18. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I left it like that by mistake because thats how Bruticus Maximus was transformed. Its wasnt until much later that I noticed that the FP version had the flaps open. By then the look had grown on me and it just looked off with the open flaps. But in the end it's a matter of personal preference :D .

19. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I'm talking about. This thread is entirely based on personal preference and the sharing of new ideas. IMHO there really is no wrong or right way to configure this set. In fact, I don't think I've seen a bad one yet! I noticed that you position the thigh pieces straight forward, while I position them facing to the side. They both look good to me, I just prefer them my way.

If you looked at the pics in my OP, you can see how I chose to distribute the weapons on the various Combaticons in their vehicle modes. I know that not everyone is going to think this is the best way of doing it, but it's my prefered way and maybe someone will take a look at it and like what they see.

In the same token, maybe someone will try your "flaps closed" look for the first time and like it better that way. That is the exact purpose for me starting this thread and I thank you for your contribution.

20. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I love the knee out look bc it gives him balance, but more importabtly, eeps the fucking crotch plate from popping off