How do you aquire a 360 data transfer kit?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Recall, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    As calling Xbox support and going around in circles by the telephone automated service and the inept lady at the end of the line seem to exist soley to fuck me about.

I even bought the 120GB hard drive that comes with a data transfer kit, but guess what that cable only works for going to 20GB to 120GB, not 60GB to 120GB. Its a common yet irritating issue according to the internet, wish I knew that first. :( 

Any one able to help me out with getting a new edition of the Data Transfer kit, like where to get one or sell me one? Please? Thanks.

2. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'm not particularly impressed with XBox customer support at the moment.
    My 360 RROD'd on Thursday night. My original had already been replaced once, and the new one had been repaired once (in 2008. Remember that, it's an important point). So I called XBox support to arrange a repair. 3 year warranty on RROD problems, right?
    Wrong.
    It's a 3 year warranty on RROD problems from the date of the ORIGINAL XBOX. NOT the replacement. Despite my pointing out that the 360 I actually have is only 2 years old, and the barely-English-speaking phone operator "going to talk to his supervisor" (which I strongly suspect is code for "nipping out for a smoke") they wouldn't budge because I bought my original 360 in 2006.
    Even worse, they wanted me to pay £97 to get it repaired.
    I laughed, hung up, went to Sainsburys the next day and got a brand new 120Gb Elite for £159.99 instead, since they're on special offer there until the 18th. :) 
    I found a forum where people are doing a "pass-the-data-migration-kit" scheme; one person managed to get one, and they are now passing it between board members as and when it's needed. I can see if I can find it again if it might help, Recall.

4. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Thanks for the help guys, but I managed to score one with an updated disc that recognises both 120GB and 250Gb hard drives from my local independant gaming shop. Just simply asked if he had one spare for which I can borrow, I had to put down a deposit but I got that back once I transfered my hard drives over returned the transfer kit.

so, yay! :D 

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

So you can go up from 60 to 250 gigs?

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    How to transfer content from one Xbox 360 console hard drive to another
    It appears so.

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

FUCK YES!

Super Xbox 360 GET!

8. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I think joystiq reported that the transfer kits are now an official accessory being sold for $15 - $20.

9. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Had to order one from Xbox a few weeks ago after the one i bought on amazon didn't have the disk.

Works great on the 20gb to 120gb transfer.

10. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Bullshit! You're given a new warranty with the replacement. Says so on the paperwork that comes with it. Man, they've got idiots working customer support. :rolleyes: 

11. Optimus-JD

Optimus-JD Team Laser Explosion!

No, you really don't.
    New Post-Service NXE Xbox 360 Warranty | Xbox Support
    My paperwork said this same thing when I got mine back 6 months ago. I also got 30 days of live.

12. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

Nowhere in that web page does it say anything about your replacement console warranty goes off your original console warranty. So, assuming that you get your console repaired and sent back to you, then the warranty period goes from when you first got your console. It only seems fair that if you get a replacement console, it constitutes as getting a new 3 year warranty for the RROD and E74 error.